[APP] VPlayer divx player , divx , xvid , mkv , rmvb, flv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

vud911

May 10, 2010
Slight problem. I bought the 'unlocker' because it is a necessity to buy it to continue using this program.

I wouldn't have bought it if there was an ad version/free version available on the market to continue using the program. What I'm trying to say is, I bought (paid money) into the rights to use the program not an enhanced app of an app that already fulfill my needs. No offense but I would never ever buy anything from him again if he does pull anything remotely to this, unless there is a refund for the people who already paid for the app. Down the road maybe...but 1-2 weeks and switcharoo is disgusting.

Last edited:

Synssins

Mar 21, 2008
Slight problem. I bought the 'unlocker' because it is a necessity to buy it to continue using this program.

I wouldn't have bought it if there was an ad version/free version available on the market to continue using the program. What I'm trying to say is, I bought into the rights to use the program not an enhanced app of an app that already fulfill my needs. No offense but I would never ever buy anything from him again if he does pull anything remotely to this, unless there is a refund for the people who already paid for the app. Down the road maybe...but 1-2 weeks and switcharoo is disgusting.

I understand your thoughts...
But I'd like to point something out...

First: A disclaimer. I have nothing to do with the developer, no contact with him/her, and no association with him/her. I am only posting as a person who has experience with delivering a product to a customer base.
Everyone who has my wiring harness gives it rave accolades.. Something I strived hard for.
Did people have to buy my harness when I raised the price on it? No.
But many of them did, even the people who griped. Because I offered a better product than anyone else. That is why it took me a year to catch up on back orders, and I am now suffering from Carpal Tunnel *Ugh*...

I see that with this app.. "AWESOME! It works!" and so on, so forth... I wonder how many of the people who got upset with the developer over his/her decision to start billing have actually uninstalled the application? I'd be willing to bet less than 5%.
They'll still continue using it because it is a superior application to anything else available at the moment.

Now, the item I'd like to point out...

There are other player apps out there that are free. When the developer chose to switch to a paid version, you were not required to update the application that was already installed on your device. There was no law that required an update.
Changing free to paid licensing is NOT backwards compatible, so legally, if he/she said "You have it on your device, pay me" even if you have a previous build which was free, you don't have to.

You chose to update the app, and pay for the update, therefor you are willing to continue supporting the developer by your actions, if not your thoughts.

You could have said "No, I don't support that decision" and shown the developer by withholding your hard earned cash and going to another app. Albeit, a less featured application.

Therefor, my previous argument about a solution holds. It would still provide a good means of resolving this entire issue, and people who choose not to spend the money because the developer changed licensing an payment information halfway through development after a verbally stated "free forever" clause are free to not spend the money.

Last edited:

vud911

May 10, 2010
I had Automatically Update Application checked. Anyone who use the Update All button is in the same boat.

Synssins

Mar 21, 2008
Now that I can understand. I shut off updates on mine, and only update when it tells me there is something available.

You could always roll back to one of the Alpha builds, rather than use the market. I have the APK for Alpha 0.7.7.a5.
Legally still available for free use.

vud911

May 10, 2010
That's not a solution for the people who already paid.

Either keep it paid or switch it back to free and refund everyone who paid.

Synssins

Mar 21, 2008
That's not a solution for the people who already paid.

Either keep it paid or switch it back to free and refund everyone who paid.

Re-read my "solution" post...
That fits for what you just stated. It would take him less than five minutes to turn the existing VPlayer into "free" mode, and add VPlayer Plus to the market. If you already paid, your paid version would update to Plus mode.

I just ran through the code in the APK and could remove everything that makes it time out, but it is not my app or my right to do so.

vud911

May 10, 2010
Re-read my "solution" post...
That fits for what you just stated. It would take him less than five minutes to turn the existing VPlayer into "free" mode, and add VPlayer Plus to the market. If you already paid, your paid version would update to Plus mode.

I just ran through the code in the APK and could remove everything that makes it time out, but it is not my app or my right to do so.
I don't need VPlayer Plus is my point. I paid for the app because I had to, not because I wanted the extra features. I would just been happy with an ad/free version, hence I wouldn't have paid for it in the first place.

Summary: I wouldn't have paid for the app if it is free. So yes, if he does switch back to free I would like my money back. That's definitely not a developer I want to deal with.

Free->Paid -- Okay I understand, I like the program.
Paid->Back to Free in a week -- What the hell?

Last edited:

vud911

May 10, 2010
He haven't done it yet. But if he were to, yea I would be mad. The app was switched over to paid about 2 days ago. That's not a long time.

If he refund my money then meh, do whatever he wants with it.

MercuryTangent

Aug 5, 2010
Posted in the announcement thread as well.

The dev originally said this will be free forever. He gets as many people to beta test as he can and then switches to a paid application. This "bait-and-switch" tactic is unacceptable.

Developer: Why haven't you responded to defend your position? Why hasn't anything we've said been taken into consideration? You post " I wanna change VPlayer to a PAID app" with a little crying emoticon, tell us you're going back on your promise of "Free Forever!!!" and then don't bother to even come back and acknowledge our responses? Such a frustrating move to make, and then to have you completely and utterly bail on us after doing it?! That's dirty no matter how you look at it.

Developer, be a man (or woman) of your word. Post a free version on the Market, give a version with more features for a fee.

Last edited:

niftyone

Nov 25, 2010
The dev originally said this will be free forever. He gets as many people to beta test as he can and then switches to a paid application. This "bait-and-switch" tactic is unacceptable.

This hits the nail right on the head for me. Dev said it would be free, got everyone here to donate their time beta testing and finding bugs. Then makes it a paid app. Not cool to use the community as a system testing team without giving anything back.

belchie

Oct 17, 2007
Just find beta4 and put it behind a update blocking program..... still free... still awesome program.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

I installed beta3 and turned off auto updates in the market but still got forced to upgrade to the paid trial. Can you suggest any other method of blocking the update? Is there an app for blocking? Thanks

Last edited:

nabuhonodozor

Sep 11, 2006
Warsaw
For people having "app not installed" in milestones (which have NEON) - I found in log such an entry:

Native ABI mismatch from package.
Package couldn't be installed in data/app/me.abitno.vplayer.apk

MAybe this help Abitno to solve the issues with some Milestones (mine particulary...)
Thank You,

Sixe

Aug 18, 2008
Lyon
I've purchased the unlocker but I can't install it. It won't download, keep saying "Download unsuccessful". Other apps download and install works perfectly. I'm on Gingerbread.

EDIT: About 5 hours later, it worked.

Last edited:

skulk3r

Feb 9, 2009
trial version now? =[
i wouldn't have minded buying the donation version since it was so awesome...but now i feel lied to =[

vud911

May 10, 2010
I've purchased the unlocker but I can't install it. It won't download, keep saying "Download unsuccessful". Other apps download and install works perfectly. I'm on Gingerbread.

I had that issue with another problem when there was an authorization problem with my credit card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    VPlayer NEED testers for DROID X and DROID 2

Version: 0.7.7a7

1. Basic streaming support. When you click a video link (http, rtsp) in somewhere, you may choose VPlayer to open it.
    2. Fix audio bugs in 3gp, wmv, etc.
    3. More responsible when openning a video.
    4. Fix the bug in subtitle sync.

---------------------------------------------------------

I've developed a media player which can play divx/xvid, rmvb, flv,
    you can find it from market by search vplayer

At this time, VPlayer is just an alpha version and only support device with neon support and Android 2.x
    VPlayer using FFmpeg, can play almost all video formats, Divx/Xvid, real media, flv, mkv.
    VPlayer is almost the best video player in performance.
    According to feedback of users, VPlayer acts better than other similar media players in divx, flv, rmvb playback.

Now VPlayer is in alpha version, only basic video playback capabilities. But it made perfect, it takes into account
    the use of the various situations encountered, for example, while you are watching video, a call is coming.

VPlayer will continue to improve in the future, some basic characteristics of video player (such as subtitles support)
    will be added on asap, and some special features are in roadmap.

The functionality and performance are most important feature of VPlayer. I plan to add hardware decoding and streaming

I try to make it clear, but my English is so poor...
    hmmm, I also have to improve my English performance

Moderator edit: This app has changed into an expiring trial version, which is not allowed on XDA. Therefore this thread has been closed.
    This app has now changed into an expiring trial app. While it is fully in the developer's rights to make this change, these sort of apps are not allowed on XDA.

Thread closed.
    Latest Version Fixes:
    *Fixed the "Free Forever" Bug
    *Lied to everyone who ever downloaded this
    *Showed real reason why it had a timebomb
    VPlayer NEED your HELP

You cannot believe it, I have no Android devices, and even have no computer.
    I borrowed Milestone from my friend and developed VPlayer with my company's computer.

But the Milestone will be back to its owner, and I don't have enough freedom to program with my company's pc. So I need your donation to afford an Android device and a computer.

My PayPal: wolfplanet@gmail.com

I promise VPlayer will be free and ad-free forever.

Thanks.:)
    Market comments still report audio sync problems after last update.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App