[APP] Wallpaper Changer

Search This thread

j4velin

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 29, 2008
j4velin.de
I made this little app called Wallpaper Changer which comes with a widget to let you change your wallpaper with one click.

Simply add the wallpapers to a "rotation list" in the app and then you can rotate through your list with a single click on the widget. Additionally, you can also activate a timer which automatically changes your background image on a predefined time interval. You can also chose to enable the timer only when connected to an external power supply, though I haven't felt a significant battery drain with an interval of 30 mins yet.
If you don't use the timer, then there's no background service running or something, so it shouldn't affect your battery or performence in any way. Therefore it might take some seconds to actually change the wallpaper as the images are loaded only on demand.

Android-Market | AppBrain

Feel free to post any kind of feedback / suggestions / bug-reports here :)

Current beta version: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=31257394&postcount=126

XDA:DevDB Information
Wallpaper Changer, App for the Apps & Games

Contributors
j4velin

Version Information

Created 2014-11-06
Last Updated 2014-11-06

Attachments

• market___search_q_pname_.png
    market___search_q_pname_.png
    2.3 KB · Views: 4,482
  • wc_screen.png
    wc_screen.png
    41.4 KB · Views: 1,578
  • wc_screen2.png
    wc_screen2.png
    174.8 KB · Views: 1,574
Last edited:

worker1

May 29, 2010
Los Angeles
This looks cool. I was thinking about something like this today. I'll check it out. Maybe you could add an option to change the wallpaper everytime you lock or unlock the phone.

slyk2203

Aug 7, 2010
munich
I made this little app called Wallpaper Changer which comes with a widget to let you change your wallpaper with one click.

Simply add the wallpapers to a "rotation list" in the app and then you can rotate through your list with a single click on the widget. Additionally, you can also activate a timer which automatically changes your background image on a predefined time interval. You can also chose to enable the timer only when connected to an external power supply, though I haven't felt a significant battery drain with an interval of 30 mins yet.
If you don't use the timer, then there's no background service running or something, so it shouldn't affect your battery or performence in any way. Therefore it might take some seconds to actually change the wallpaper as the images are loaded only on demand.

Android-Market | AppBrain

Feel free to post any kind of feedback / suggestions / bug-reports here :)

thanks very nice idea... I missed it on my desire s.
It would be great to have the option to add a whole wallpaper folder (not single wallpaper ... if you have more then 10 wallpapers.... )

W

WiredPirate

thanks very nice idea... I missed it on my desire s.
It would be great to have the option to add a whole wallpaper folder (not single wallpaper ... if you have more then 10 wallpapers.... )

Agreed. I already have a folder like this for a similar app.

nospam

Jun 25, 2007
thank you :D

updated and tested on Wallpapers folder, added all 50 pics. thank you so much j4velin :)

worker1

May 29, 2010
Los Angeles
Can you make it so if it is set to "0" it doesn't change the wallpaper automatically (for if you do the lock/unlock)
Can you make it so it changes on phone lock so you don't see it change; when you unlock it's already a new wp?

Last edited:

j4velin

Sep 29, 2008
j4velin.de
if you uncheck "enable on boot" and never press "start rotation" then it shouldn't change your wallpaper automatically but just on widget click or on unlock (if you enabled "change on unlock").
changing the wallpaper before the unlock is a bit more complicated as the app has to change the wallpaper on screen off then. and to get screen off broadcasts, the app has to run all the time - which might drain more battery

F

Flashern

Nice app, I'm digging the widget!

I get force closes when I add a folder (maybe it's because it has too many pics in it - about 700..)
After adding the folder I also get force closes when I go into the app.

N1 on CM7.

j4velin

Sep 29, 2008
j4velin.de
I get force closes when I add a folder (maybe it's because it has too many pics in it - about 700..)
After adding the folder I also get force closes when I go into the app.

yeah, that's because the app runs out of memory when loading preview images for 700 files :D
i haven't though that someone would like to add that many images... i guess i have to split the previews in diffrent "pages" to fix that. be patient :)

F

Flashern

yeah, that's because the app runs out of memory when loading preview images for 700 files :D
i haven't though that someone would like to add that many images... i guess i have to split the previews in diffrent "pages" to fix that. be patient :)
Great, looking forward for it. 700 isn't that many again, is it? :D

j4velin

Sep 29, 2008
j4velin.de
well, you seem to like changes ^^
as a workaround, it'll now only show preview of the first 50 images. so you should at least open the app again ^^

cabessius

Dec 4, 2010
Ibiza, Spain
well, you seem to like changes ^^
as a workaround, it'll now only show preview of the first 50 images. so you should at least open the app again ^^

Why don´t you just put an option to completely disable preview? I already know the images that are in the folder.

EDIT: Loaded a folder with 696 images without problems, set to change on unlock. Change takes 3-4 seconds after unlock, but I guess that´s normal. Gonna try later with a 2000+ images folder. Thanks.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts