[APP] [WhatsCloud] [Analyze your WhatsApp chats and groups] [4.4+]

Search This thread

sir mordred

Sep 22, 2013
mmcblk0p15
oSIsbnE

WhatsCloud is an android app which allows you to analyze your WhatsApp chat history on the fly with only one click
Edit

Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=app.mordred.whatscloud

Project Page: https://github.com/sirmordred/WhatsCloud

We’re all using WhatsApp everyday and we are part of countless WhatsApp chat groups but Have you ever wondered statistical data about your chats like how many message sent so far? How many of them are mine? Which words are used at most? etc.

WhatsCloud might help you find out by analyzing your WhatsApp chats on the fly with only one click. It’s a data analysis and visualization app which features:
  • Analyze chat with each participants
  • Graphical representaion of statistical data via charts and graphs
  • Interactive graphs (zoom and pan)
  • Most active chat participants
  • Average message sending frequency
  • etc.

How is it working?

Although WhatsApp doesn’t give us a public API, it does allow users to export their chat history into a *.txt file.

WhatsCloud analyzes that user generated export of chat history on the fly and gives various graphical represantations of analyzed statistical data

There will be more features and different statistical data in the future, Feel free to send me your opinions requests via project page written above

CHANGELOG

-Version 2.0
  • Added custom date format selector (so users can change date format through settings if they face any issue on stats)
  • Newly added "word counter" stats and metrics for both common group stats and individual participants stats
  • Fixed various exceptions
  • Increased font sizes of text on charts and graphs
  • Eliminated duplicated codes
  • Misc. fixes and updates

-Initial Release

Enjoy :good:

Last edited:

theninjew

May 30, 2016
This is a great app to compare how many messages you sent vs. your spouse, for instance. It has great graphics and word placement to see more stats.

Would love to see a share feature in future releases to send results to contacts.

Reactions: Zeus237

AlemanSantos

Mar 25, 2016
Temperley
OnePlus 7
Just installed, looks promising and fun!!!

One extrange bug is that I get active days in 2020, 2021.

And a recommendation\feature request: add a total word count to statistics, next to total message count. Checking some chats, I'm always down in message count, but for sure a made them longer hehe (sending this right now to github)

hubono

Oct 22, 2005
Muscat
Hi
I use whatsapp business and a modded whatsapp rather than regular whatsapp. Can you add a feature to select what whatsapp version the user is running.
Cheers

abhi8192

Jan 7, 2014
What happens with the data I feed to the app after I got my graphs? Do the app keep it and upload it somewhere? I tried to find privacy policy for your app but couldn't locate it, so asking here.

sir mordred

Sep 22, 2013
mmcblk0p15

And a recommendation\feature request: add a total word count to statistics, next to total message count. Checking some chats, I'm always down in message count, but for sure a made them longer hehe (sending this right now to github)

Ok mate i just released 2.0 version and implemented "word count" stats and metrics (for both common group and individual participants) ;)
Check out changelog on first post for more information :good:

Hi
I use whatsapp business and a modded whatsapp rather than regular whatsapp. Can you add a feature to select what whatsapp version the user is running.
Cheers

It shouldn't make any difference i think, isn't there "export chat history" option on WhatsApp Business too? if there is, it should simply work i though :good:

What happens with the data I feed to the app after I got my graphs? Do the app keep it and upload it somewhere? I tried to find privacy policy for your app but couldn't locate it, so asking here.

WhatsCloud is just analyzes exported chat via stream on-the-fly and so it does not save that data stream to anywhere as .txt like file managers, it just does what it offers and thats all
Here is the privacy policy too mate: https://github.com/sirmordred/WhatsCloud/blob/master/Privacy%20Policy.md

Reactions: AlemanSantos

TheBigL

Dec 22, 2011
Very nice app, mate. Congrats.

Say, is it possible to add option to analyze stats per single world?
What I mean is this - I would like to track the usage of a single world over time.
So basically, I want to be able see most used words with their count and if pressed on one of them, to display their usage over the time.

Usage example:
To see the frequency of the word "crashed" over time in order to see how we improved (or gotten worse) over time at work.

Thank you very much!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    oSIsbnE

WhatsCloud is an android app which allows you to analyze your WhatsApp chat history on the fly with only one click
    Edit

Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=app.mordred.whatscloud

Project Page: https://github.com/sirmordred/WhatsCloud

We’re all using WhatsApp everyday and we are part of countless WhatsApp chat groups but Have you ever wondered statistical data about your chats like how many message sent so far? How many of them are mine? Which words are used at most? etc.

WhatsCloud might help you find out by analyzing your WhatsApp chats on the fly with only one click. It’s a data analysis and visualization app which features:
    • Analyze chat with each participants
    • Graphical representaion of statistical data via charts and graphs
    • Interactive graphs (zoom and pan)
    • Average message sending frequency
    • etc.

How is it working?

Although WhatsApp doesn’t give us a public API, it does allow users to export their chat history into a *.txt file.

WhatsCloud analyzes that user generated export of chat history on the fly and gives various graphical represantations of analyzed statistical data

There will be more features and different statistical data in the future, Feel free to send me your opinions requests via project page written above

CHANGELOG

-Version 2.0
    • Added custom date format selector (so users can change date format through settings if they face any issue on stats)
    • Newly added "word counter" stats and metrics for both common group stats and individual participants stats
    • Fixed various exceptions
    • Increased font sizes of text on charts and graphs
    • Eliminated duplicated codes
    • Misc. fixes and updates

-Initial Release

This is a great app to compare how many messages you sent vs. your spouse, for instance. It has great graphics and word placement to see more stats.

Would love to see a share feature in future releases to send results to contacts.

Ok mate i just released 2.0 version and implemented "word count" stats and metrics (for both common group and individual participants) ;)
    Check out changelog on first post for more information :good:

Hi
    Cheers

It shouldn't make any difference i think, isn't there "export chat history" option on WhatsApp Business too? if there is, it should simply work i though :good:

WhatsCloud is just analyzes exported chat via stream on-the-fly and so it does not save that data stream to anywhere as .txt like file managers, it just does what it offers and thats all
    Here is the privacy policy too mate: https://github.com/sirmordred/WhatsCloud/blob/master/Privacy%20Policy.md