• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

[APP+WIDGET][2.2+][Free] Check for firmwares on sammobile

Gyebro

May 6, 2012
Hello XDA!

Soon we'll have JB for our S2, so I've made a tiny app to download the firmware list from sammobile.com. :cyclops:

*** Check for Firmwares App ***

Changelog
v 1.1
- Now the app has a widget (3x1 or 4x1). Widget shows latest element of firmware list specified by saved model/country data.
Refresh interval is fixed 4 hours, but you can update all widgets by clicking one of them. (If you resize the widget to 4x1, you can start the app by tapping the icon)
- Save model / country option. This way you can specify default model or country code. The widget also uses these data.
- Landscape app layout.
- Fixed some FC-s.

Features
Have a nice homescreen widget, showing the latest firmwares for the specified phone / country code.
Download firmware list for the given model (i.e. GT-I9100) for the given product code (i.e. XEU) or the top 10 latest firmwares from sammobile.com.
Note: the app won't give you direct download link to the rom, that way this app won't decrease the ad revenues of sammobile.com.

Screenshots

Widgets:

(In Nova launcher 5x4 grid, medium margins)

(In Trebuchet launcher, 4x4 grid)

Download
v1.1: download from mediafire

Older versions.
v1.0: download from mediafire

Installation

Install as a normal apk.

Last edited: