[APP][WIDGET][4.0+] App Eater: A highly functional uninstaller with useful widgets

Search This thread

SuffAdvApps

Jan 8, 2014
Highland, CA
App Eater: A highly functional uninstaller with incredibly useful home screen widgets

l3AUbBDGyFzxp16jNppZhpoiWRWKBBrADWWV8RPp-tnTJcbtO8qU7MDjeSxV1oEjCOk=w100

App Eater (Uninstaller) lets you remove unwanted apps right from your home screen, in addition to being a fully functional standalone uninstaller.

Using the widgets, you can uninstall the following without even entering the app:
  • Last installed app
  • Last updated app
  • Most recently used app
Each widget shows the icon of the app you will be uninstalling as well, to make it even more intuitive. Take a look at the screenshots to see what I mean.

Additionally, App Eater is an extremely capable standalone uninstaller, with features including:
  • Easy access to last installed, last updated, and most recently used apps
  • List mode to show all apps (including non-application packages like widgets)
  • Batch uninstall
  • Silent batch uninstall (rooted devices only- this is an Android limitation)
  • Uninstall history
  • Option to show system apps
  • System app uninstall (rooted devices only- this is an Android limitation)
  • Disable apps (rooted devices only- this is an Android limitation)
  • Clear app data and cache (rooted devices only- this is an Android limitation)
  • Ability to lock apps to prevent their removal from within App Eater or the widgets
  • Sort by name, install date, update date, size, system/user installed, recently used, disabled/enabled status, and locked status
  • Reverse sort order
  • Search all apps for a specific string
  • Long press to open app, open app info, open Play Store listing, or share app
  • System storage info displayed
  • Show app version option
  • "Apps Eaten" counter to track number of uninstalls with app
  • More features coming soon!

I want App Eater to replace whatever uninstaller you are using now. Its widget functionality doesn't exist in any other app, and I intend for the standalone uninstaller to be the absolute best in the Play Store. More features are coming soon, but please let me know if you want anything in particular. Thanks, and enjoy!

Screenshots:
NQk5BMgHamtFslaPR4Q-C1OiZcw0C6ZKEQzc74hK3eNXVkjASqlKOc9RKn3SKhr5rT4=h600

0fmnPPbTj0eJzOrEwQrQXNQYXtN9Gg8BR-uL-nEC9277NPVmH400hZ3GZRo296ILbQ=h600

3E6cJ7eEjj83XLepRdxuOLuYwcYQjlVfh7dDTEtfsljZsLkX1seOGTda2dRLvA9SB69K=h600
PwkwZ6gnOibFIna_JhVg8YAdPh_9Kf1M3JvmDlc3ScZwPkUNchWDJd-s6RcBP2iZX7M=h600

Attachments

• AppEater-1.3.0.apk
    815 KB · Views: 4,665
Last edited:

el_easy

Jun 17, 2012
XDA-Forum
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
Features l like to see!!

Look great app features l like to see!!:good:

- Apps freezer
- Uninstall system applications
- Backup date/system apps+data apk to sdcard
- Restore backed up applications
- Sync to/from Dropbox

Reactions: SuffAdvApps

findinghomer

Aug 13, 2013
An article I read said this can remove bloat ware system apps, insinuating without root. Is this right ? Thought that would be impossible

simo2103

Jul 6, 2010
Really good looking, it would be great with a more HOLO themed icon, just as simple as it can be

mgbotoe

So you want Titanium backup basically? haha
Lol, only app freeze made sense out of all that...this thing eat apps...dont think its out to puke them right back out to be lock away in a fridge for later use

Keep your app simple dev...If i want all kind of fancy things I will go to titanium...stay unique, dont' try to be something else ....wont work out cause titanium already does those things best lol

Reactions: JRapsky and TBowd

Edris89

Dec 18, 2011
awesome app :victory:

please include cache eater also;) with a widget
and if u inclde also locking system in cache, that would be damn amazing. :good:
I would buy it if u put donate version then

SuffAdvApps

Jan 8, 2014
Highland, CA
Does this app can uninstall the app/s completely include cache, data & so on?

The way it works (as do most uninstallers) is that the app tells the system it wants to uninstall an app. Then the system then takes over (displays the "OK/Cancel" dialog and actually uninstalls it.

If I have an app that has data or cache, and I uninstall it and reinstall it, then all the data and cache seems to be gone. I have only tested this on a handful of apps, so there might be some that are not cleared. If you have any examples, I will be glad to take a look.

I am planning on adding rooted uninstall features (which removes the app manually), and I will look into having this as an option. Thanks for your interest!

SuffAdvApps

Jan 8, 2014
Highland, CA
Look great app features l like to see!!:good:

- Apps freezer
- Uninstall system applications
- Backup date/system apps+data apk to sdcard
- Restore backed up applications
- Sync to/from Dropbox

I will look into freezing apps. I've never used it, but it seems like a good feature to have.

You can only uninstall system apps if you are rooted. I am currently working on this functionality.

I'm not sure that I want to add backup/cloud functionality, as it seems somewhat tangential to uninstalling apps. There are some power-user apps that can already do that, as others have mentioned. If demand is high, I'll look into it.

I am also planning on adding a feature that will keep a list of your uninstalled apps, and direct you back to the Play Store to reinstall them if you change your mind.

Thanks for the feedback!

exodius48

Apr 7, 2013
Yori's Heart
Xiaomi Poco F3
The way it works (as do most uninstallers) is that the app tells the system it wants to uninstall an app. Then the system then takes over (displays the "OK/Cancel" dialog and actually uninstalls it.

If I have an app that has data or cache, and I uninstall it and reinstall it, then all the data and cache seems to be gone. I have only tested this on a handful of apps, so there might be some that are not cleared. If you have any examples, I will be glad to take a look.

I am planning on adding rooted uninstall features (which removes the app manually), and I will look into having this as an option. Thanks for your interest!

I have an app that need special attention, it is picarts photo studio. I have uninstalled it (with built-in uninstaller), but it still leave garbage file in /sdcard.
I want uninstaller app like revo uninstaller on windows pc that can search garbage/leftover files and destroy them. I think no android apps like that for now. CMIIW

SuffAdvApps

Jan 8, 2014
Highland, CA
Really good looking, it would be great with a more HOLO themed icon, just as simple as it can be

Thanks for the input! Alternative widget designs are definitely on my radar. Do you have any widgets in mind that I could use a visual reference?

I have an app that need special attention, it is picarts photo studio. I have uninstalled it (with built-in uninstaller), but it still leave garbage file in /sdcard.
I want uninstaller app like revo uninstaller on windows pc that can search garbage/leftover files and destroy them. I think no android apps like that for now. CMIIW

Thanks, I will take a look at that.

Last edited:

SuffAdvApps

Jan 8, 2014
Highland, CA

I tried it out and I see what you mean now. Unfortunately, this is just bad design on the part of the makers of PicsArt. There is a way for apps to use a private file directory that will be deleted automatically when the app is uninstalled, but instead PicsArt opted to use the general sdcard storage, which is not tied to any app. For example, if an app writes to a folder called "Pictures," it's probably not a good idea to delete it when the app is uninstalled, since other apps might use the same folder. Trying to solve this problem would likely open up a whole mess of potential issues that I think the general user shouldn't have to deal with, so I don't think App Eater is the right place for it.

I found an app called SD Maid which can find folders that aren't needed anymore, but it was not able to automatically detect this one in particular. Maybe you'll find it useful, though.

The internal "data" and "cache" for the app does get cleared using App Eater, though. You can see this by checking Settings>Apps>PicsArt after reinstalling and before opening the app.

exodius48

Apr 7, 2013
Yori's Heart
Xiaomi Poco F3
I tried it out and I see what you mean now. Unfortunately, this is just bad design on the part of the makers of PicsArt. There is a way for apps to use a private file directory that will be deleted automatically when the app is uninstalled, but instead PicsArt opted to use the general sdcard storage, which is not tied to any app. For example, if an app writes to a folder called "Pictures," it's probably not a good idea to delete it when the app is uninstalled, since other apps might use the same folder. Trying to solve this problem would likely open up a whole mess of potential issues that I think the general user shouldn't have to deal with, so I don't think App Eater is the right place for it.

I found an app called SD Maid which can find folders that aren't needed anymore, but it was not able to automatically detect this one in particular. Maybe you'll find it useful, though.

The internal "data" and "cache" for the app does get cleared using App Eater, though. You can see this by checking Settings>Apps>PicsArt after reinstalling and before opening the app.

Oh ok, so its from the developers, and picarts has designed to doesnt delete internal data even it has been uninstalled.

I have used it, but sometime detects false positive. Probably still use old database.

Ok, keep update this app. ;)

simo2103

Jul 6, 2010
You can look on something simple Like theese

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1397378510950.jpg
    1397378510950.jpg
    1.1 KB · Views: 667
  • 1397378547659.jpg
    1397378547659.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 670

SuffAdvApps

Jan 8, 2014
Highland, CA
You can look on something simple Like theese

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

OK, I understand now. Reading your post again, I wonder if you meant the actual app icon, and not the widget design. I will look into allowing for alternative app icons (I don't know if this is technically possible from within the app), but I am hesitant to change the icon design outright, since as the app grows in popularity it's important to maintain familiarity.

I will definitely look into alternative widget designs, though, if that's what you meant.

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    App Eater: A highly functional uninstaller with incredibly useful home screen widgets

l3AUbBDGyFzxp16jNppZhpoiWRWKBBrADWWV8RPp-tnTJcbtO8qU7MDjeSxV1oEjCOk=w100

App Eater (Uninstaller) lets you remove unwanted apps right from your home screen, in addition to being a fully functional standalone uninstaller.

Using the widgets, you can uninstall the following without even entering the app:
    • Last installed app
    • Last updated app
    • Most recently used app
    Each widget shows the icon of the app you will be uninstalling as well, to make it even more intuitive. Take a look at the screenshots to see what I mean.

Additionally, App Eater is an extremely capable standalone uninstaller, with features including:
    • Easy access to last installed, last updated, and most recently used apps
    • List mode to show all apps (including non-application packages like widgets)
    • Batch uninstall
    • Silent batch uninstall (rooted devices only- this is an Android limitation)
    • Uninstall history
    • Option to show system apps
    • System app uninstall (rooted devices only- this is an Android limitation)
    • Disable apps (rooted devices only- this is an Android limitation)
    • Clear app data and cache (rooted devices only- this is an Android limitation)
    • Ability to lock apps to prevent their removal from within App Eater or the widgets
    • Sort by name, install date, update date, size, system/user installed, recently used, disabled/enabled status, and locked status
    • Reverse sort order
    • Search all apps for a specific string
    • Long press to open app, open app info, open Play Store listing, or share app
    • System storage info displayed
    • Show app version option
    • "Apps Eaten" counter to track number of uninstalls with app
    • More features coming soon!

I want App Eater to replace whatever uninstaller you are using now. Its widget functionality doesn't exist in any other app, and I intend for the standalone uninstaller to be the absolute best in the Play Store. More features are coming soon, but please let me know if you want anything in particular. Thanks, and enjoy!

Screenshots:
    NQk5BMgHamtFslaPR4Q-C1OiZcw0C6ZKEQzc74hK3eNXVkjASqlKOc9RKn3SKhr5rT4=h600

0fmnPPbTj0eJzOrEwQrQXNQYXtN9Gg8BR-uL-nEC9277NPVmH400hZ3GZRo296ILbQ=h600

3E6cJ7eEjj83XLepRdxuOLuYwcYQjlVfh7dDTEtfsljZsLkX1seOGTda2dRLvA9SB69K=h600
    PwkwZ6gnOibFIna_JhVg8YAdPh_9Kf1M3JvmDlc3ScZwPkUNchWDJd-s6RcBP2iZX7M=h600
    I've uploaded the APK for those who prefer to install manually. Thanks, and enjoy!
    I have added a first-time start-up tutorial for those who didn't quite understand certain features like app locking. Enjoy!

So you want Titanium backup basically? haha
    Lol, only app freeze made sense out of all that...this thing eat apps...dont think its out to puke them right back out to be lock away in a fridge for later use

Keep your app simple dev...If i want all kind of fancy things I will go to titanium...stay unique, dont' try to be something else ....wont work out cause titanium already does those things best lol