[APP] Widget Timeline v1.0.2 - Pace/Stratos/Verge (2019-02-02)

GreatApo

Feb 15, 2011

Timeline Widget (Pace/Stratos/Verge)

DEPRECATED - THIS WIDGET IS COMPLETELY INTEGRATED IN AMAZFIT CALENDAR WIDGET

Hello everyone,
Here is an other widget, this time a Timeline! Yes, this widget shows your upcoming calendar events! This app would be displayed as a widget after you reboot your watch (or the launcher). However, in order for it to work, you need to use Amazmod (both phone app + service) and enable the calendar events forwarding. Additionally, make sure your phone's STOCK Calendar has all the events you want to show, synchronized. In order to move this widget you will need @Quinny899 's "Springboard Settings" app from here since it can't be moved through the phone app.

If you want to support my work or the other devs involved, now is your chance to buy us a beer or help us gather the money for our next watch device:
- GreatApo's donation button
- Amazmod OpenCollective
- Quinny899 donation button

Screenshot:
TimelineWidget-1.0.0.jpg amazmod.jpg no_events.jpg

Features:
  • This is a Pace/Stratos/Verge Widget
  • Shows your phone calendar events
  • Shows only future events and from the last 10 minutes
  • Go to start of the list button (▲)
  • Long press time at top to manually refresh the events list (provided that new data have been send from phone)
  • 12/24h time format based on watch preferences
Bugs:
  • You tell us!
  • Timer at the top is not constantly updating :p

Installation
ADB install command / restart launcher: (if you have errors, uninstall the previous version first)
Code:
adb install -r TimelineWidget.X.X.X.apk
adb shell am force-stop com.huami.watch.launcher
If you are on Verge, you need to enable the widget using "Springboard Settings" app from Quinny899 or Amazmod. If the widget does not show up, reboot the watch and try again.

ADB uninstall command:
Code:
adb uninstall com.dinodevs.timelinewidget
ADB command to delete calendar data from watch:
Code:
adb shell settings delete system CustomCalendarData

Changelog:
Code:
Version 1.0.2 (02/02/2019)
• 12/24h time format based on watch preferences
• The "go to top" button touch area is now bigger
• Added "all day" event duration duration
• Fix crash when data never saved
Code:
Version 1.0.1 (28/01/2019)
• Removed annoying "Refreshing events..." toast
• Added "No events" message
Code:
Version 1.0.0 (24/01/2019)
• Initial release
• Shows calendar events from 10 min ago to ∞
• "Go to top" button
• Click time/date at top to see author/version
• Long click time/date at top to refresh the events

Download:
This app is based on @Quinny899 's work over springboard widgets :highfive: . The source code is written with comments so you can use it as a base to create an other widget. For more about how to set up a widget/app for Pace, you can also follow this topic "[DEV] Create custom home screen pages for the Pace".​

FAQ:
  • Can I get reminders from this widget?
    No since your calendar phone app can/will throw notifications that will then be forwarded to the watch. Hence, there is no need for reminders.
  • What is the battery impact?
    Data are send through Amazmod's battery and alarm data forwarding, but calendar data updated only if there is a change (but also once a day). Hence, you will not see any difference relative to forwarding batttery/alarm only.
  • I have the [INSTALL_FAILED_UPDATE_INCOMPATIBLE] error!
    Run the uninstall command from adb first. (don't uninstall with Amazfit Tools)
  • I see a black widget!
    This indicates a widget crash. I may not be aware of the problem, so, a logcat will help me fix it.
    To save LogCat to a text file open up a terminal window and type: (it will create a file named "logcat.txt" in your current directory)
    Code:
    adb logcat -d > logcat.txt

Thanks to:
Code:
Quinny899, edotassi, lfom, diotto

Attachments

Last edited:

kwet

Sep 13, 2008
Hi i use Amazmod on my watch but i don't have an option greafit calendar... I use the last version to Playstore 1.0.65..

GreatApo

Feb 15, 2011
Hi i use Amazmod on my watch but i don't have an option greafit calendar... I use the last version to Playstore 1.0.65..
As highlighted in the first post, amazmod's version where I coded the data forwarding is not released on playstore.

To help I will provide a compiled version of the app from the Dev channel, probably later today. However, keep in mind that it will have a different signature, thus you will have to uninstall the previous versions (revoke admin first on watch) before installing mine.

Dec 10, 2010
As a pebble's user I missed that feature in stratos. I hope try your app as soon as you provide a compiled version of dev amazmod. One question, we must substitute only the watch app of amazmod or the phone app too?

GreatApo

Feb 15, 2011
Working perfectly. Now just need to check on battery impact.
Data are send along with battery and alarm (so the interval is the same) but calendar data are actually send only if there were changed (and refreshed when day changes).

Thus, I you shouldn't see a difference.

adityavaidya

Jan 9, 2013
I've got this unique setup which I don't think anyone else uses... Stratos with watchdroid for notifications and now amazmod for the calendar widget sync with notifications turned off. So may get completely different behaviour. Fingers crossed that its all good, because the functionality now is exactly what I like

GreatApo

Feb 15, 2011
I've got this unique setup which I don't think anyone else uses... Stratos with watchdroid for notifications and now amazmod for the calendar widget sync with notifications turned off. So may get completely different behaviour. Fingers crossed that its all good, because the functionality now is exactly what I like
Oh, ok, let us know!

I am also interested in what do you thing amazmods miss...

New beta version to Amazmod but i don't see on Greafit your option on Calendar... why ?
Because the beta version that is releasing today is been tested for a week now. The Dev version I provide here has more fixes and also contains the code I wrote the last 7 days.
We will try to release a 2nd version (after the one today) shortly.

Don't get us wrong, we try to do our best :)
This version here is smoother than the one on playstore, the only bug is with grouped notifications removal.

kwet

Sep 13, 2008
Can you help me, i revook admin rights and send command. When i wan't uninstall amazmod service : adb uninstall com.amazmod.service and message : Failure DELETE_FAILED_DEVICE_POLICY_MANAGER , help !

adityavaidya

Jan 9, 2013
Oh, ok, let us know!

I am also interested in what do you thing amazmods miss...

The biggest thing is that watch Droid allows older notifications to be responded to.

---------- Post added at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

Just another question. Do I need to enable device admin for the calendar widget to work?

Zipp05

Nov 15, 2018
I have Amazmod service 1843 installed on watch. After installing Widget Timeline I see a blank screen.
The dev version is also service 1843.

GreatApo

Feb 15, 2011
I have Amazmod service 1843 installed on watch. After installing Widget Timeline I see a blank screen.
The dev version is also service 1843.
I wrote this yesterday.
Because the beta version that is releasing today is been tested for a week now. The Dev version I provide here has more fixes and also contains the code I wrote the last 7 days.
We will try to release a 2nd version (after the one today) shortly.

Don't get us wrong, we try to do our best :)
This version here is smoother than the one on playstore, the only bug is with grouped notifications removal.

Reactions: Zipp05

adityavaidya

Jan 9, 2013
Battery life seems to be unaffected. I used to get about 2.5 days earlier with my usage, and it looks that I'll get about the same with the calendar widget

droidDHD

Nov 28, 2011
Hi !

Thanks for this but I followed all the steps and can get only black screen.

I have latest Amazmod you provided, springboard but still empty. Phone app says data send but still widget is empty.