[APP] WidgetLocker Lockscreen replacement

Search This thread

djmcnz

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 13, 2009
Auckland, NZ
OnePlus 8
Yep, I'm an idiot... THANKS :laugh:

Wow, you joined 4 years ago and only made your first two posts today. That's gotta be some sort of record since most people join to post! I wonder how many active accounts there are with 0 posts for over 4 years? :)

Sometimes we have to muse about other things in this thread... it's not very exciting otherwise. ;)

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
Wow, you joined 4 years ago and only made your first two posts today. That's gotta be some sort of record since most people join to post! I wonder how many active accounts there are with 0 posts for over 4 years? :)

Sometimes we have to muse about other things in this thread... it's not very exciting otherwise. ;)

Not as uncommon as one might think. Many of the older accounts were members for a long time before posting. This was due to them knowing that if they didn't do the research first they would be flamed and embarrassed to no end.

Reactions: djmcnz

supermaxkato

Feb 21, 2010
block clicks glitch

Would love to see another update for this app, also including a fix for this glitch:
If you have chosen to block clicks on a widget, and then touch a slider and happen to bump that same widget, the clicks are unblocked.
Kevin, would especially love what you mentioned on your early to-do list: sliders with widgets.
Thanks for providing this must have app for my phone.
(This plus nova prime is always where I start!)

paul c

Nov 15, 2006
Madrid
Would love to see another update for this app, also including a fix for this glitch:
If you have chosen to block clicks on a widget, and then touch a slider and happen to bump that same widget, the clicks are unblocked.
Kevin, would especially love what you mentioned on your early to-do list: sliders with widgets.
Thanks for providing this must have app for my phone.
(This plus nova prime is always where I start!)

Hmm, that doesn't happen with me - though every Android device seems to behave in a different way!

I'm still using this on Lollipop, it has 2 or 3 non-critical issues which have been there since the last update December 2013, post KitKat...

I fear the app is abandoned, it would be great if it were made open source so it could be kept updated for the community which still uses it.

Yes, WL & Nova are part of my base config too :) At least Nova is being maintained, by far the best launcher out there.

Reactions: Jose_Carlos

moss20

Jul 3, 2011
since the app has to be payed, i hope taht they change the price due to the old update date or at least that will be released a free version like they did for nova

SAMSUNG Galaxy Note 3 neo

tap50

Oct 24, 2012
WidgetLocker closes when I try to go into UNREAD COUNTS optoin

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 with Lollipop (not rooted). I have Tesla Unread installed and it works fine with Nova Launcher. When I'm in the settings for WidgetLocker and I press on the UNREAD COUNTS option, the screen goes black for a bit and I get the 'WidgetLocker has stopped' message.

Any ideas what to do to get this to work?

Thanks,
Todd

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 with Lollipop (not rooted). I have Tesla Unread installed and it works fine with Nova Launcher. When I'm in the settings for WidgetLocker and I press on the UNREAD COUNTS option, the screen goes black for a bit and I get the 'WidgetLocker has stopped' message.

Thanks,
Todd
Without the proper log files. Most likely not

paul c

Nov 15, 2006
Madrid

Thanks,
Todd

I've not used the Tesla Unread option for a long time. I use app widgets such as Aquamail's for a couple of personal email accounts, and Nine's for my work account.

I don't get many SMS any more, but you can use the SMS Unread widget from the Play Store. You can also show missed calls with the widget.

ryanalan82

Oct 4, 2008
I really don't understand why abandon this app? Even though there are lock screen alternatives like I'm using c locker now, there is still nothing else like widget locker. I wonder what it would take for this to get support again. Or maybe the dev can pass or sell this to another dev to be supported. But this app has become not usable with 5.0+, so time to move on. But I'll defiantly keep an eye out if this ever gets updated again.

Last edited:

Gnaver

Oct 14, 2010
Yes I wonder too. He spend so much time on Nova it's the best launcher out there. If he take few months break of Nova he can make the widgetlocker best again. But maybe there's no time on his side to rewrite it since with every new Android version there's a bunch of new bugs that he'll have to fix

supermaxkato

Feb 21, 2010
transparent status bar on JB 4.2.2?

I can use Kevin's nova launcher transparent status bar option. But his widgetlocker app does not show that option on 4.2.2. It does however show it on 4.4.2 kikat .
So is there a reason why transparent status would work in 1 of his apps (nova launcher) on android 4.2.2 but not on the other (widgetlocker)?
Or am I missing something to enable it on widgetlocker?
Thanks for any help you can provide!

ekhilduh

May 14, 2014
Halo Halp!

Hi there! Having a problem setting up a modded Halo lock screen (search "halo lockscreen play" at mycolorscreen.com). I choose the custom slider for the Halo GPlay2-fullcolor, ----it is just white, none of the colors are there for the handle. I have a note 3 with android 5.0. Is there something I'm missing? I can't seem to find how I could configure just the handle. I see there is a .png file for the "handle_normal, _pressed, etc." but I'm not sure how to configure it. I am able to configure the sliders for camera, dialer, etc. Can you give me any info on why this isn't coming up in color? Thank you!! I've even tried doing the "original" halo LS in the blue color, and even that shows up as white, no blue. Not sure what to do! :(

Nagaeh

Nov 23, 2013
Sad to see you guys sleeping on this app
Was one of the best and still has potential to be top notch in this gen of android.

Hopefully someone decides to start working on this again

Reactions: beekay201

webuser.my

Sep 13, 2013
That's really sad. This has been my screen locker since my first Android, the XPERIA X10 ages ago..

Looks like Themes are broken too with Lollipop...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WidgetLocker is a paid app, this thread is to be used for support. Also feel free to email me.

I'm the developer of WidgetLocker, which is a lockscreen replacement with emphasis on customization. Primarily by allowing you to place standard Android widgets (or shortcuts) on the lockscreen. It allows you to drag-and-drop similar to how the home screen works. It also includes Custom Sliders, which allow you to add extra sliders to the lockscreen for whatever you want. There's built in actions for things like silence/vibrate, brightness, quick camera mode, dialer. But you can also use any shortcut, such as direct dial or any application on your phone.

WidgetLocker_grass.png

Frequently Asked Questions
    Additional FAQs:
    When will the next update be released?
    Sorry, I cannot give ETAs. Updates take a lot of time and I try to squeeze a lot into an update. Please be patient.
    I'm having a really weird problem?
    Can you send a bug report via Settings > Report Bug so I have some more information? (And please briefly restate the problem to remind me what the report is in regard to).
    2.4beta3 Feb 17, 2013
    • Public Beta
    • New in 2.4beta:
    • Bezel Swipe left for apps
    • Bezel Swipe right for camera
    • Jellybean clock font option
    • Redesigned settings page
    • Fixes for home button on some devices
    • Optimizations
    • No longer supports Android 2.1 and 2.2 (Android 2.3+ required)
    • New since 2.4beta2:
    • Root Settings to hide notification bar clock and navbar google now.
    • Fixes

Settings > Long-press volume down for Experimental or Labs > Beta Updates > Public, then Settings > check for updates
    I've released 2.4beta4 which includes fixes for the add bezel app FC and a handful of other minor FC fixes.

To enable beta access Settings > Long-press volume down for Experimental or Labs > Beta Access > Public

Then

Settings > Check for updates
    WidgetLocker 2.3.2beta1 Oct 3 2012
    Settings > Long-press volume down for Experimental > Beta Updates > Public, then Settings > Check for updates
    • Fix inconsistent haptic feedback on Jellybean slider
    • Fix "Always unlock to home" showing previous app on ICS/JB

Unfortunately the back button on Android is inconsistent. WidgetLocker cannot fix that and it would be well beyond the scope of WidgetLocker to try. If there was a setting (I'm not even sure what it'd be named or claim to do), things would likely be even less consistent and the areas that are already inconsistent would be emphasized even more.
    1) From launcher, open browser, lock screen, unlock to camera, back button. Does that go back to the browser or the home screen?
    2) From launcher, open gallery, lock screen, unlock to camera, open gallery from there, back button, back button. Gallery back to camera back to gallery again? Throw the launcher in there somewhere?
    3) Some app overrides the back button to always go to launcher, setting is unchecked. User feels it's a bug in WidgetLocker.
    4) Some app overrides the back button to not work at all. User feels it's a bug in WidgetLocker.
    5) Unlock to WidgetLocker settings, back button. Back to widgetlocker or launcher/previous app?
    6) Open notification to app and press back button. Same behavior as unlocking to an app or different?
    7) Notification to app or unlock to app actually opens a dialog box, WidgetLocker is still visible but in the background. Back button returns to WidgetLocker or launcher/previous app?

I'm not actually asking for answer to these, but pointing out that having WidgetLocker try to make the back button do something other than going back will make things even more inconsistent and isn't some easy no brain that I can include an option for and please everyone.
    Obviously I feel the current behavior is the correct behavior. There is a button to go back and there is a button to go home, throughout all apps in Android the home button goes home (unless locked) and the back button hopefully goes back but has some inconsistencies depending on the app you are currently using. WidgetLocker 2.4 will not include any changes to this behavior. I can't yet say if a future version would try to include an option or not.

Camera w/ security versus camera w/o security

Android 4.2's stock camera finally includes a special version that can be launched on top of the system security without entering a code. WidgetLocker will use this if you have security and have such a camera app (basically just Android 4.2 users, but potentially a third party app as well). Clearing the defaults (note: defaults not data) for the Camera and/or Gallery should reset Android's default for the secure camera intent.