[APP] WidgetLocker Lockscreen replacement

Search This thread

VERSEAU44

Dec 28, 2013
Toggle button

Hi,

Do you know if exists (or how create) a toggle boutton (custom slider ?) that would allow me :
1 / state 1 : display an icon n°1 (for the button) and launch a shortcut n°1
2 / by clicking the button, it will switch from previous state n°1 to new state n°2
3 / state 2 : display another icon n°2 and launch another shortcut n°2

It sounds simple to do (1 button toggles in 2 states with 2 icons) but can not (and yet , I spent time for)

Kinds Regards

chiefroastbeef

Jul 28, 2011
Hong Kong/Dallas, Texas
Hi guys,

I've been using this since the Samsung S2, and loved it.

I've recently updated my htc m8 to Marshmallow, and it seems the Widgetlocker is completely broken with MM. When I try to long press on a widget to get rid of it, Widgetlocker crashes.

I know this thread is pretty much dead, but anyone using WL with Marshmallow?

Since updating to MM, I've tried 6 lock screens, and nothing compares to WL. I love using NILS notifcations, and the slider ring unlock, which no other lockscreen program has been able to match.

elhennig

Feb 21, 2011
Fairphone
Samsung Galaxy A52 4G
Hi guys,
I've recently updated my htc m8 to Marshmallow, and it seems the Widgetlocker is completely broken with MM. When I try to long press on a widget to get rid of it, Widgetlocker crashes.

I know this thread is pretty much dead, but anyone using WL with Marshmallow?
Yes I do, but the behaviour is the same as you described it. No oroblem for me so far, as I do not want to change the configuration yet. However, I would love to see updates for MM, to make WL work again as designed.

Reactions: chiefroastbeef

chiefroastbeef

Jul 28, 2011
Hong Kong/Dallas, Texas
So you're able to use widgetlocker as is, as a lock screen, but it crashes when you try to delete the default widgets? That's what I'm going through now, it crashes everytime I try to delete the default widgets. Although i'm able to add a widget (nils notification) in the middle space.

I really want to be able to change the different settings on the slider though, I being able to silence my phone, go straight to the dialer, turn on flash light, go to different apps etc right from the slider ring without having to clutter up the lock screen with app icons and shortcuts.

This is driving me nuts! as there is literally no alternative to widgetlocker, especially with the slider ring. C locker has something similar, but not even close to the same as widgetlocker.

Kingo64

Oct 9, 2012
Updated to Marshmallow today, was really disappointed to find out that WidgetLocker crashes whenever you try to modify a widget or go into settings menus, it works perfectly well otherwise.

Could you please fix Android MM support?

helllmonkey

Mar 29, 2011
As others have said, WL is no longer configurable on MM. I just got an edge 7 and the app no longer works. It crashes anytime I try to remove a widget/locker. I hope this gets updated as this would be my second paid for app that no longer works.

Radem

Jan 29, 2010
For I wrote on google + community-nova luncher about widget locker but to no avail guy he is already somewhere, enough to some fix for Adroid 5.0 / 6.0, and it would be still great locker

Work around......

Updated to Marshmallow today, was really disappointed to find out that WidgetLocker crashes whenever you try to modify a widget or go into settings menus, it works perfectly well otherwise.

Could you please fix Android MM support?

I am with you. I also updated to MM and now this GREAT soft stop to work... any update in the way ??

I toke the old device, backup the setting, never is a bad idea, went to the new one, backup again (So it create the folder), copy the backup from the old device to the new one and restore the config. All works, No able to do any change, but almost work like it was working before....

Last edited:

ewingr

Dec 1, 2007
As dev's don't answer, i m'aider them. Them said they were focusing on nova... So widget locker development is stopped. It may be updated someday... Maybe...
W
Sent from my D6503 using XDA-Developers mobile app

I have up on this app wrote a long time ago.

I finally found an app worth using. Had a lot more options that's Widget Locker. The thing I like about it next are that ity had Wife , Location, and Blue Tooth profiles. So you can have it inactive when on your home wifi, out on BT in your car.

I noticed it also had Widgetlocker in the name now. Not sure if any relation to this product.

It is called Clocker.

Ainalcar

Jul 6, 2012
Not clocker.. It's called C Locker and it has by far inferior customisability compared to widget locker.

Can someone please update the app to be compatible with 6.0? I would really appreciate that.

fabiospark

Jan 25, 2018
How to get an official WidgetLocker today?

Hi, I recently moved from a Nokia 5800 to a Samsung S4 mini (hate big screens)
and I bought Nova Prime.
Now I would love to add WidgetLocker but the only one I found is not official
and Tesla Unread won't work with it.
Is there a way to get an official WidgetLocker that would work with Unread?
Or is there any other workaround?
I'm on and stuck to Android 4.4.2.

Thanks.

Last edited:

sgjp77

Mar 4, 2018
Same question here.
I have no clue what kind of version I'm using since several years on multiple Samsung (W I8150, S4mini I9195, Note 3 N9005) with Android 2, 4, 5. WidgetLocker working fine. It's a 2.3.1. I don't remember if it was bought via google or if this was a free version that time, no clue any more.

This file (own backup with old Appmonster) leads to an error on my Note 4 (N910F, Android 6), so I was surfing the web to get a newer version. Found several download sites with endless of versions. Looks like from 2.4.1 onwards it will still work on Android 6 on the Note 4. But it's either asking for a code during install or after 2 times unlock it's saying "not confirmed purchase". But from a function site, all fine. No issue with double lockscreen, no lockscreen, widget bugs, etc. Still like I know it for years now.

So is there any possibility to buy this or get a code for install? I'm not asking for a stolen version, happy to pay some bucks for it. Maybe someone who can't use it anymore on their actual phones wants a "refund"? Not sure though how the code verification will work, I mean when I enter email + code if it's just taking a look at the teslacoilsw database or sending an email to get a double-confirmation for install.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WidgetLocker is a paid app, this thread is to be used for support. Also feel free to email me.

I'm the developer of WidgetLocker, which is a lockscreen replacement with emphasis on customization. Primarily by allowing you to place standard Android widgets (or shortcuts) on the lockscreen. It allows you to drag-and-drop similar to how the home screen works. It also includes Custom Sliders, which allow you to add extra sliders to the lockscreen for whatever you want. There's built in actions for things like silence/vibrate, brightness, quick camera mode, dialer. But you can also use any shortcut, such as direct dial or any application on your phone.

WidgetLocker_grass.png

Frequently Asked Questions
    Additional FAQs:
    When will the next update be released?
    Sorry, I cannot give ETAs. Updates take a lot of time and I try to squeeze a lot into an update. Please be patient.
    I'm having a really weird problem?
    Can you send a bug report via Settings > Report Bug so I have some more information? (And please briefly restate the problem to remind me what the report is in regard to).
    2.4beta3 Feb 17, 2013
    • Public Beta
    • New in 2.4beta:
    • Bezel Swipe left for apps
    • Bezel Swipe right for camera
    • Jellybean clock font option
    • Redesigned settings page
    • Fixes for home button on some devices
    • Optimizations
    • No longer supports Android 2.1 and 2.2 (Android 2.3+ required)
    • New since 2.4beta2:
    • Root Settings to hide notification bar clock and navbar google now.
    • Fixes

Settings > Long-press volume down for Experimental or Labs > Beta Updates > Public, then Settings > check for updates
    I've released 2.4beta4 which includes fixes for the add bezel app FC and a handful of other minor FC fixes.

To enable beta access Settings > Long-press volume down for Experimental or Labs > Beta Access > Public

Then

Settings > Check for updates
    WidgetLocker 2.3.2beta1 Oct 3 2012
    Settings > Long-press volume down for Experimental > Beta Updates > Public, then Settings > Check for updates
    • Fix inconsistent haptic feedback on Jellybean slider
    • Fix "Always unlock to home" showing previous app on ICS/JB

Unfortunately the back button on Android is inconsistent. WidgetLocker cannot fix that and it would be well beyond the scope of WidgetLocker to try. If there was a setting (I'm not even sure what it'd be named or claim to do), things would likely be even less consistent and the areas that are already inconsistent would be emphasized even more.
    1) From launcher, open browser, lock screen, unlock to camera, back button. Does that go back to the browser or the home screen?
    2) From launcher, open gallery, lock screen, unlock to camera, open gallery from there, back button, back button. Gallery back to camera back to gallery again? Throw the launcher in there somewhere?
    3) Some app overrides the back button to always go to launcher, setting is unchecked. User feels it's a bug in WidgetLocker.
    4) Some app overrides the back button to not work at all. User feels it's a bug in WidgetLocker.
    5) Unlock to WidgetLocker settings, back button. Back to widgetlocker or launcher/previous app?
    6) Open notification to app and press back button. Same behavior as unlocking to an app or different?
    7) Notification to app or unlock to app actually opens a dialog box, WidgetLocker is still visible but in the background. Back button returns to WidgetLocker or launcher/previous app?

I'm not actually asking for answer to these, but pointing out that having WidgetLocker try to make the back button do something other than going back will make things even more inconsistent and isn't some easy no brain that I can include an option for and please everyone.
    Obviously I feel the current behavior is the correct behavior. There is a button to go back and there is a button to go home, throughout all apps in Android the home button goes home (unless locked) and the back button hopefully goes back but has some inconsistencies depending on the app you are currently using. WidgetLocker 2.4 will not include any changes to this behavior. I can't yet say if a future version would try to include an option or not.

Camera w/ security versus camera w/o security

Android 4.2's stock camera finally includes a special version that can be launched on top of the system security without entering a code. WidgetLocker will use this if you have security and have such a camera app (basically just Android 4.2 users, but potentially a third party app as well). Clearing the defaults (note: defaults not data) for the Camera and/or Gallery should reset Android's default for the secure camera intent.