[APP] WidgetLocker Lockscreen replacement

Search This thread

fiz:ik

What do you think about it?

Awesome phone! I've got it since June and I regret nothing! Running with AnyKernel it is simply the best phone I ever had. Only thing I dislike: the poor supply of OTA's (or at least nighlies :( that does not match with CM philosophy)
Concerning the problems of some users I really don't know what they're doing wrong or what happened to their phone - I have no complaints! :)

Reactions: djmcnz

djmcnz

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 13, 2009
Auckland, NZ
OnePlus 8
Google Pixel 8
Awesome phone! I've got it since June and I regret nothing! Running with AnyKernel it is simply the best phone I ever had. Only thing I dislike: the poor supply of OTA's (or at least nighlies :( that does not match with CM philosophy)
Concerning the problems of some users I really don't know what they're doing wrong or what happened to their phone - I have no complaints! :)

Appreciate the quick feedback.

/ot

ewingr

Dec 1, 2007
And i actually have a question;

Has anyone had a problem with that horrible default clock upon install not responding to long press in tool mode?
- no resize.
- no reposition.
- no remove.
- no response whatsoever except that swiping any direction replaces static 'widgetlocker' text with battery briefly before returning.

Just got a new phone, fresh install, cant get rid of the fkn thing, its doing my head in.

I have the same issue. I decided to try selecting the default clock (against my better judgement) thinking maybe, just maybe, an option would then pop up for removing the existing one. Now I have two of them on the WL screen that cannot be removed, or anything.

Also can't seem to remove the stock unlock slider. And when trying to configure the rotary slider, I can only configure the initial 3 visible buttons on the slider. When I rotate it to configure some of the others, it just continues to slowly rotate back to original position, not stopping anywhere allowing me to configure others.

So, at the moment. WL is completely unusable on my phone. Been using this for 2-3 years. Hate to lose it, but what I'm seeing here about apparent lack of support or updates, and most posts (not all) being questions with few answers (only by the community), it seems this app is dying.

dtr145r

Nov 11, 2010
Pennsylvania
bug

hello,
im on cm11
when ever i install a ch11 theme
widget locker stops working.
it doesnt start on boot.
when i do open the app it may work for 2 or 3 minutes then it wont launch when the screen is turned on
is this an issue anyone else is having?

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
hello,
im on cm11
when ever i install a ch11 theme
widget locker stops working.
it doesnt start on boot.
when i do open the app it may work for 2 or 3 minutes then it wont launch when the screen is turned on
is this an issue anyone else is having?

The theme most Kiley redirects some things that are not in the locker. That's why themes are not universal and are only meant to work on stock cm roms without using 3rd party apps

Wywern.pl

Oct 20, 2011
Wroclaw
How to prevent Fast Reboot from removing (closing) WidgetLocker?
I have the "start at the boot" option in WL on, but Fast Reboot always removes WL :(

LO ZIO

Nov 28, 2014
troubles with WL on android 5.0

Hi ... after updating my nexus 4 to Android 5.0 I have a problem with widget locker: in practice I do not see more than the correct graphics for the different sliders that I installed.
How can I fix?

PS: Because the developer does not update more this fantastic app from the developer? Last update a year ago ...

Thanks in advance

paul c

Nov 15, 2006
Madrid
I have the same issue. I decided to try selecting the default clock (against my better judgement) thinking maybe, just maybe, an option would then pop up for removing the existing one. Now I have two of them on the WL screen that cannot be removed, or anything.

Also can't seem to remove the stock unlock slider. And when trying to configure the rotary slider, I can only configure the initial 3 visible buttons on the slider. When I rotate it to configure some of the others, it just continues to slowly rotate back to original position, not stopping anywhere allowing me to configure others.

So, at the moment. WL is completely unusable on my phone. Been using this for 2-3 years. Hate to lose it, but what I'm seeing here about apparent lack of support or updates, and most posts (not all) being questions with few answers (only by the community), it seems this app is dying.

Actually WL still works on my phone with Lollipop, amazing given it hasn't been developed since just post KitKat a year ago.

I unsubscribed from this thread, since with all due respect a thread without a developer's input, with "just" community input, is only at 10% of its potential.

But I still use it - despite it occasionally misbehaving (random Google style indications in blue, and the nav bar appearing), since I still find it useful to hit the power button and see my list of upcoming appointments, unread emails etc.

But I do like the clean Lollipop lockscreen and its notification cards - if WL could replicate the notification cards (or alternatively the stock lockscreen could eg accept a calendar widget), that would be the best solution. I switch between WL and the stock lockscreen, I think I'm about 70% with the staock lockscreen at present

The dev is still active, though he seems to spend his time on his launcher - which is also very good. But as for WL, I doubt many people buy it these days so I fear it's on its way out.

Reactions: dtr145r

dtr145r

Nov 11, 2010
Pennsylvania
Actually WL still works on my phone with Lollipop, amazing given it hasn't been developed since just post KitKat a year ago.

I unsubscribed from this thread, since with all due respect a thread without a developer's input, with "just" community input, is only at 10% of its potential.

But I still use it - despite it occasionally misbehaving (random Google style indications in blue, and the nav bar appearing), since I still find it useful to hit the power button and see my list of upcoming appointments, unread emails etc.

But I do like the clean Lollipop lockscreen and its notification cards - if WL could replicate the notification cards (or alternatively the stock lockscreen could eg accept a calendar widget), that would be the best solution. I switch between WL and the stock lockscreen, I think I'm about 70% with the staock lockscreen at present

The dev is still active, though he seems to spend his time on his launcher - which is also very good. But as for WL, I doubt many people buy it these days so I fear it's on its way out.

+1
would be nice to see widget locker updates.
I still actively use the app.
Wouldn't want any other.

:)

Reactions: paul c

ewingr

Dec 1, 2007
If it ain't broke don't fix it. And to be honest more and more developers are not posting in threads. This is mostly due to users.

Maybe they aren't posting in threads, I can imagine it could get overwhelming. But, I tried to contact him via the email contact listed in Google PLay, and no response.

Product is not working on my Note 4. Given the lack of support/abandonment of the product, I don't interest in looking at any of his other products.

I love WL, but have been forced to abandon it.

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
Maybe they aren't posting in threads, I can imagine it could get overwhelming. But, I tried to contact him via the email contact listed in Google PLay, and no response.

Product is not working on my Note 4. Given the lack of support/abandonment of the product, I don't interest in looking at any of his other products.

I love WL, but have been forced to abandon it.

You expect him to reply to every email he gets? Only in android do users expect a reply from developers. Just because he didnt reply doesnt mean he didnt read it.

As for the note 4, Seems samsung has been doing this to alot of 3rd party apps. The same thing with SMS apps. 99% of the issues I see posted come from users of Samsung devices. While people using other OEMS are not seeing the issues. case in point this has worked flawlessly on all my devices but doesnt work right on my GF Samsung Galaxy Mega.

What did a logcat say?

All it really needs is a Material makeover in settings and some updated themes. And a notifications widget to recreate the Lollipop lock screen in 4.x.

God no. Material is just a 5.0 thing. come 6.0 or maybe 7 we will see a huge change again.

paul c

Nov 15, 2006
Madrid
All it really needs is a Material makeover in settings and some updated themes. And a notifications widget to recreate the Lollipop lock screen in 4.x.

I'm not worried about the app interface, since once you've set it up, you rarely return there. It's not like email for example, where you see it every day.

Here is my current lockscreen with WL, "materialised" as far as the widgets currently allow (yes, I could do with changing the unlock swiper, but I find it very functional since it works both ways).

Lollipop's lockscreen is getting pretty good, though until such times as someone figures out how to get widgets onto it, WL is a pretty unique proposition, it's a shame that it's no longer developed.

Though I also use Nova, and for me that is the best launcher currently available, it's understandable that the dev must go where the money is.

Attachments

• shot_2014-11-30_00-39-24.jpg
    shot_2014-11-30_00-39-24.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 402
Last edited:

drewpoeppel

Oct 23, 2010
broke after 5.0 update

I cant get it to work correctly after updating to 5.0. When I unlock the widgetlocker lockscreen it just goes to the stock lockscreen and I have to unlock that. Am I doing something wrong? Somebody here said it still worked after lolipop. Any help, would be appreciated. I LOVE this app and was my reason for leaving my iphone 4 years and 2 phones ago. Thanks

djmcnz

Oct 13, 2009
Auckland, NZ
OnePlus 8
Google Pixel 8
I cant get it to work correctly after updating to 5.0. When I unlock the widgetlocker lockscreen it just goes to the stock lockscreen and I have to unlock that. Am I doing something wrong? Somebody here said it still worked after lolipop. Any help, would be appreciated. I LOVE this app and was my reason for leaving my iphone 4 years and 2 phones ago. Thanks

Set:

Settings | Security | Screen Lock | None

Reactions: drewpoeppel

djmcnz

Oct 13, 2009
Auckland, NZ
OnePlus 8
Google Pixel 8
Yep, I'm an idiot... THANKS :laugh:

Wow, you joined 4 years ago and only made your first two posts today. That's gotta be some sort of record since most people join to post! I wonder how many active accounts there are with 0 posts for over 4 years? :)

Sometimes we have to muse about other things in this thread... it's not very exciting otherwise. ;)

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
Wow, you joined 4 years ago and only made your first two posts today. That's gotta be some sort of record since most people join to post! I wonder how many active accounts there are with 0 posts for over 4 years? :)

Sometimes we have to muse about other things in this thread... it's not very exciting otherwise. ;)

Not as uncommon as one might think. Many of the older accounts were members for a long time before posting. This was due to them knowing that if they didn't do the research first they would be flamed and embarrassed to no end.

Reactions: djmcnz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WidgetLocker is a paid app, this thread is to be used for support. Also feel free to email me.

I'm the developer of WidgetLocker, which is a lockscreen replacement with emphasis on customization. Primarily by allowing you to place standard Android widgets (or shortcuts) on the lockscreen. It allows you to drag-and-drop similar to how the home screen works. It also includes Custom Sliders, which allow you to add extra sliders to the lockscreen for whatever you want. There's built in actions for things like silence/vibrate, brightness, quick camera mode, dialer. But you can also use any shortcut, such as direct dial or any application on your phone.

WidgetLocker_grass.png

Frequently Asked Questions
    Additional FAQs:
    When will the next update be released?
    Sorry, I cannot give ETAs. Updates take a lot of time and I try to squeeze a lot into an update. Please be patient.
    I'm having a really weird problem?
    Can you send a bug report via Settings > Report Bug so I have some more information? (And please briefly restate the problem to remind me what the report is in regard to).
    2.4beta3 Feb 17, 2013
    • Public Beta
    • New in 2.4beta:
    • Bezel Swipe left for apps
    • Bezel Swipe right for camera
    • Jellybean clock font option
    • Redesigned settings page
    • Fixes for home button on some devices
    • Optimizations
    • No longer supports Android 2.1 and 2.2 (Android 2.3+ required)
    • New since 2.4beta2:
    • Root Settings to hide notification bar clock and navbar google now.
    • Fixes

Settings > Long-press volume down for Experimental or Labs > Beta Updates > Public, then Settings > check for updates
    I've released 2.4beta4 which includes fixes for the add bezel app FC and a handful of other minor FC fixes.

To enable beta access Settings > Long-press volume down for Experimental or Labs > Beta Access > Public

Then

Settings > Check for updates
    WidgetLocker 2.3.2beta1 Oct 3 2012
    Settings > Long-press volume down for Experimental > Beta Updates > Public, then Settings > Check for updates
    • Fix inconsistent haptic feedback on Jellybean slider
    • Fix "Always unlock to home" showing previous app on ICS/JB

Unfortunately the back button on Android is inconsistent. WidgetLocker cannot fix that and it would be well beyond the scope of WidgetLocker to try. If there was a setting (I'm not even sure what it'd be named or claim to do), things would likely be even less consistent and the areas that are already inconsistent would be emphasized even more.
    1) From launcher, open browser, lock screen, unlock to camera, back button. Does that go back to the browser or the home screen?
    2) From launcher, open gallery, lock screen, unlock to camera, open gallery from there, back button, back button. Gallery back to camera back to gallery again? Throw the launcher in there somewhere?
    3) Some app overrides the back button to always go to launcher, setting is unchecked. User feels it's a bug in WidgetLocker.
    4) Some app overrides the back button to not work at all. User feels it's a bug in WidgetLocker.
    5) Unlock to WidgetLocker settings, back button. Back to widgetlocker or launcher/previous app?
    6) Open notification to app and press back button. Same behavior as unlocking to an app or different?
    7) Notification to app or unlock to app actually opens a dialog box, WidgetLocker is still visible but in the background. Back button returns to WidgetLocker or launcher/previous app?

I'm not actually asking for answer to these, but pointing out that having WidgetLocker try to make the back button do something other than going back will make things even more inconsistent and isn't some easy no brain that I can include an option for and please everyone.
    Obviously I feel the current behavior is the correct behavior. There is a button to go back and there is a button to go home, throughout all apps in Android the home button goes home (unless locked) and the back button hopefully goes back but has some inconsistencies depending on the app you are currently using. WidgetLocker 2.4 will not include any changes to this behavior. I can't yet say if a future version would try to include an option or not.

Camera w/ security versus camera w/o security

Android 4.2's stock camera finally includes a special version that can be launched on top of the system security without entering a code. WidgetLocker will use this if you have security and have such a camera app (basically just Android 4.2 users, but potentially a third party app as well). Clearing the defaults (note: defaults not data) for the Camera and/or Gallery should reset Android's default for the secure camera intent.