• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[App] Wifi Inspector - Know how is connected!! ( more than 100.000 active installs )

Search This thread
Jul 24, 2014
Do you want to know if someone is connected to your wireless network without your permission? Your connection is slow and you suspect that someone are stealing your wifi? Are you afraid that the neighbor may have access to your personal data?

Wifi Inspector is a simple tool to see all the devices connected to our network (both wired and wifi, whether consoles, TVs, pcs, tablets, phones etc ...), giving relevant data such as IP address, manufacturer, device name and MacAddress.

Wifi Inspector also allows to save a list of known devices with custom name and find intruders in less than 30 seconds. This makes it easier for us and you will not need to go checking the data whenever we make a scan.

All this in a clear and simple design that allows us to see that our personal data are safe in a few seconds.

No doubt, Wifi Ispector ALWAYS find ALL connected devices!!

We continue working to improve Wifi Inspector and we greatly appreciate that you share your opinions whether positive or negative. We have almost no reports of problems in the poor ratings (only one star with no comment) This makes difficult that we can improve the application. Please if you have any problems / suggestions do not hesitate to send it to us, in your comment or with email, and we will try to fix it.

Languages
- Spanish
- English
- Italian
- Catalan
- Russian
- French

For a better experience we recommend Android 4.0 or more.

Get it on Google Play : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=lksystems.wifiintruder&hl=en

1p.png
2p.png
3p.png
4p.png

We are having good feedback and good reviews in some important webs in the spanish android word:
http://www.elandroidelibre.com/2013/08/wifi-inspector-averigua-si-hay-alguien-mas-en-tu-conexion-wifi.html
http://www.movilzona.es/2014/05/18/con-inspector-wifi-conoceras-todos-los-dispositivos-que-hay-en-tu-red/
http://www.androidsis.com/quien-roba-mi-wifi/

Please if have any problems / suggestions do not hesitate to send to us an email at [email protected], and we will try to fix it.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2014
Sydney
Very Interesting Concept however it failed to work. Did not detect my nexus 7 2013. Only found the router and my device. (Moto G)
Netgear router.. wifi passworded protected (possibly WPA2).

And interstitial ads on exit first time i've seen that.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2014
Very Interesting Concept however it failed to work. Did not detect my nexus 7 2013. Only found the router and my device. (Moto G)
Netgear router.. wifi passworded protected (possibly WPA2).

And interstitial ads on exit first time i've seen that.

Hi hotspot_volcano,

In some cases a device close de wifi in suspended state or is time out response caused by a low connection quality. We tested in few big nets with more than 100 devices with no errors.

Have you tested Wifi Inspector from the Nexus with same results? and in other wifi?

Thanks for your comment :)

Jul 16, 2014
Sydney
Hi hotspot_volcano,

In some cases a device close de wifi in suspended state or is time out response caused by a low connection quality. We tested in few big nets with more than 100 devices with no errors.

Have you tested Wifi Inspector from the Nexus with same results? and in other wifi?

Well on the nexus 7 2013 (rooted) I was able to find the connected wired device as well as my phone. (found 6 devices)

They are marked with an cross whatever that means?

Tried it again on my Moto G (stock) and it still shows only 2 devices.

And the wifi router is problematic sometimes its hard to connect to it but once a device is connected its good 90% of the time.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2014
The result on your Moto G : Wifi Inspector reset the wifi connection at start, then if fails to reconnect or reconnected in more than 30 seconds may not locate all devices. Try scan with other router, i think your get good results.

A device with a cross means that is not in the "safe list" (known devices). You can add your known devices on the "device screen" and, if you want, can set a customized name. For the next scans you will see all known devices with a "V" mark and with the customized name.

Last edited:

yochananmarqos

Recognized Contributor
I tried it out, looks promising. I compared the reported attached devices from my Netgear WNDR3700v2 router with Netgear Genie. Everything matches up, nice job!

The UI is fairly pleasant, but does not adhere to current Android design guidelines. You've got the option to delete known devices list hidden in the legacy menu. My device does not have that by default, however I add it with GravityBox specifically for older apps that still have it. Folks with devices that do not have hardware / software menu button will never discover that option. If you add the 3 dot menu in the upper right for it, that would work well for now. If you decide to add more things, you could also add it there or create a hamburger menu in the upper left.

I haven't found any bugs to report thus far, that's always a good sign. Keep it up! :D

As I mentioned in my Play Store review: Those that think this can ban unknown users must realize you can't do that from your stock router firmware to begin with, how could a simple app do that?

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2014
I tried it out, looks promising. I compared the reported attached devices from Netgear WNDR3700v2 router with Netgear Genie. Everything matches up, nice job!

The UI is fairly pleasant, but does not adhere to current Android design guidelines. You've got the option to delete known devices list hidden in the legacy menu. My device does not have that by default, however I add it with GravityBox specifically for older apps that still have it. Folks with devices that do not have hardware / software menu button will never discover that option. If you add the 3 dot menu in the upper right for it, that would work well for now. If you decide to add more things, you could also add it there or create a hamburger menu in the upper left.

I haven't found any bugs to report thus far, that's always a good sign. Keep it up! :D

As I mentioned in my Play Store review: Those that think this can ban unknown users must realize you can't do that from your stock router firmware to begin with, how could a simple app do that?

First of all, thanks so much for your comment.

About the hidden option "reset known device list", the true is that we are thinking about if it's really helpful or not, but is probably that we will change it on the next update.

Jul 24, 2014
The application seems ok, but compared to Fing network tools, this doesn't bring anything to the table, and it has ads. So, nice work but it offers not much.

Hi rbrandser , Fing is an excellent application, but exists many types of user and we think Fing is oriented for some and Wifi Inspector for others, ie, anyone can click and see if have or not intruders, but not everyone knows how to do a 'wake on lan "or even know what it is.

We have prioritized scanning reliability, simplicity and finally the design (in this order).

We understand that for many users with experience and knowledge Wifi Inspector may be "short", but for the rest, we offer an easy, visual and 100% reliable in the scan result application.

We will greatly appreciate that you share your opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: rbrandser
Jul 24, 2014
Good app, but I don't like the interface and it lacks a lot features, which similar apps like Dsploit and Fing do have. So for me there is no reason to use this.

Hi wouter-visser,

We tested Fing and Wifi Inspector in various scenarios and the general differences that are appreciated:

- Usually Inspector Wifi is faster in large networks with many devices.
- Usually Fing is faster on small networks with few devices.
- Wifi Inspector finds more device names (very important for intrusion detection)
- The reliability of scanning is very close to 100% in both (a bad coverage or occasional factor can make a device undetectable)
- Fing has more features (not required for intrusion detection)
- The Inspector Wifi interface is minimalist and fing is more professional.

We understand that wifi inspector is not for everyone, but we think that many people are grateful that can check if they have an intruder with a simple but accurate application.

We will greatly appreciate that you share your opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: dimm0k
Jul 24, 2014
Good app but the ads are annoying and I dont like the interface ;)

We are a small software company and recently we have begun to develop applications for mobile devices. The ads are the way we get some benefits to further develop and improve our applications. We did not use intrusive advertising and we never will use it. Also is ​​available the pro version (ad free) for people who want to support us.

Thank you for sharing your opinion is important for us.

DarkWolf747

Mar 13, 2013
I think you can use WifiKill for this (if you have android rooted) or Netcut for windows.
For security find the Mcc address of the intruder and ban him from the MAC address filter in the router.

Not 100% effective btw, a person with a little knowledge and some googling can easily spoof a MAC address. A better option would be to change/add a wifi password. Preferrably WPA or WPA2 with a nice long passphrase.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Do you want to know if someone is connected to your wireless network without your permission? Your connection is slow and you suspect that someone are stealing your wifi? Are you afraid that the neighbor may have access to your personal data?

Wifi Inspector is a simple tool to see all the devices connected to our network (both wired and wifi, whether consoles, TVs, pcs, tablets, phones etc ...), giving relevant data such as IP address, manufacturer, device name and MacAddress.

Wifi Inspector also allows to save a list of known devices with custom name and find intruders in less than 30 seconds. This makes it easier for us and you will not need to go checking the data whenever we make a scan.

All this in a clear and simple design that allows us to see that our personal data are safe in a few seconds.

No doubt, Wifi Ispector ALWAYS find ALL connected devices!!

We continue working to improve Wifi Inspector and we greatly appreciate that you share your opinions whether positive or negative. We have almost no reports of problems in the poor ratings (only one star with no comment) This makes difficult that we can improve the application. Please if you have any problems / suggestions do not hesitate to send it to us, in your comment or with email, and we will try to fix it.

Languages
    - Spanish
    - English
    - Italian
    - Catalan
    - Russian
    - French

For a better experience we recommend Android 4.0 or more.

Get it on Google Play : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=lksystems.wifiintruder&hl=en

1p.png
    2p.png
    3p.png
    4p.png

We are having good feedback and good reviews in some important webs in the spanish android word:
    http://www.elandroidelibre.com/2013/08/wifi-inspector-averigua-si-hay-alguien-mas-en-tu-conexion-wifi.html
    http://www.movilzona.es/2014/05/18/con-inspector-wifi-conoceras-todos-los-dispositivos-que-hay-en-tu-red/
    http://www.androidsis.com/quien-roba-mi-wifi/

Please if have any problems / suggestions do not hesitate to send to us an email at [email protected], and we will try to fix it.
    Version 3.4 is now available.

What's New
    Wifi Inspector v3.4
    - Added Portuguese language
    - Fixed Russian language
    - Fixed minor bugs
    Hi hotspot_volcano,

Well on the nexus 7 2013 (rooted) I was able to find the connected wired device as well as my phone. (found 6 devices)

They are marked with an cross whatever that means?

Tried it again on my Moto G (stock) and it still shows only 2 devices.

And the wifi router is problematic sometimes its hard to connect to it but once a device is connected its good 90% of the time.
    I tried it out, looks promising. I compared the reported attached devices from my Netgear WNDR3700v2 router with Netgear Genie. Everything matches up, nice job!

The application seems ok, but compared to Fing network tools, this doesn't bring anything to the table, and it has ads. So, nice work but it offers not much.