• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP][WIP]Mickey Mouse Watchface

Search This thread

martymcfly68

Oct 17, 2014
Could someone check the performance of this watchface on their smartwatch? If possible could someone make a video of it running on the device as well?
Thank you for your help.

Edit:
Requires uninstall of version 2.3.2 and below.
Update 2.3.7
Fix positioning problems
Update 2.3.6
Fixed crash for tablets
Update 2.3.5
Changed up settings page
Update 2.3.4
Fix for new android wear watch resolutions
Update 2.3.2
fixed misalignment in LG G Watch
Update 2.3.1
adds color settings for background and numbers and yawn animation.
Mickey yawns the first time the watch is woken up everyday between 4am and 12am.

Google drive link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8cIT2H3UpnIWm9SMUtwZ25meFU/

Attachments

• mickeymousewatchface-release2.3.7.apk
    2.1 MB · Views: 25,619
Last edited:
S

soulysephiroth

I've been wanting a watch gave like this!

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Free mobile app

martymcfly68

Oct 17, 2014
Last edited:
Reactions: tihimasmo

nyvram1

Apr 20, 2010
Been running the new mickey for a couple days.. Here are my thoughts:

1 I would do something cool like make mickey black and white when the watch is in dim mode or something. Maybe even revert him to the original mickey! That would be sharp.
2 the hand goes under his pants at 6pm so it hard to see the time
3 sometimes when the watch wakes up he taps his foot really fast for a second or 2 then goes back to normal.

martymcfly68

Oct 17, 2014

1 I would do something cool like make mickey black and white when the watch is in dim mode or something. Maybe even revert him to the original mickey! That would be sharp.
3 sometimes when the watch wakes up he taps his foot really fast for a second or 2 then goes back to normal.

1. I love that idea! I'm going to try to implement that, thanks.
I'm not sure if I'm implementing dim mode correctly yet. The current version was suppose to show just the numbers and the hands when in dim mode, does that happen?
2. I will be fixing this today
3. Do you remember if that happened in the original version? I'll look into that bug, thanks.

S

soulysephiroth

While my watch is dim mode, he shows up but he stops moving, which I think its fine, because just having the numbers would defeat the point of having screen always on to me?

Though I'd like to see an option for a square watch face. I think it gives up some better options. Like more space for the time numbers, and an option to put in a small digital time next to him. But Awesome job so far. I've complements on it already.

martymcfly68

Oct 17, 2014
any update on this? looking forward to the next mickey

Yes, I was trying to get an update at least by today since it's Mickey's anniversary of his first appearance!
I think I solved the problem where it wouldn't react to the screen dimming.
I have attached the updated watch face.

edit:updated apk on first post

Last edited:

nyvram1

Apr 20, 2010
It doesn't seem to work on android 5. I keep getting a Mickey has stopped working and it never installs on the watch. I'm running a nexus5 with a clean install/factory reset android 5

Reactions: martymcfly68

Powright

Apr 14, 2014
On android 4.4 it works fine. The only things I have noticed is that the watch consume more battery and it is slower to unlock (1 sec). Hope you can create other watch faces like that and fix these bugs ;)

EDIT: now in sleep mode Mickey mouse doesn't stop moving!

Last edited:
Reactions: martymcfly68

martymcfly68

Oct 17, 2014
any update on this? looking forward to the next mickey

It doesn't seem to work on android 5. I keep getting a Mickey has stopped working and it never installs on the watch. I'm running a nexus5 with a clean install/factory reset android 5

I can't replicate this on the emulator running Lollipop and don't have a device with Lollipop yet, anyone else running lollipop get it to work?

On android 4.4 it works fine. The only things I have noticed is that the watch consume more battery and it is slower to unlock (1 sec). Hope you can create other watch faces like that and fix these bugs ;)

EDIT: now in sleep mode Mickey mouse doesn't stop moving!

Oh, 1 sec is pretty bad since you're usually only looking at the watch for a couple of seconds. This happens every time you wake the watch?
How bad is the battery consumption compare to a stock watch face? It is animating at 30fps so it won't get to the level of a watch face that update once a second/minute but I could try to get it as energy efficient as possible. How is it compared to watch faces with sweeping second hands? Thanks for the feedback.

Powright

Apr 14, 2014
I can't replicate this on the emulator running Lollipop and don't have a device with Lollipop yet, anyone else running lollipop get it to work?

Oh, 1 sec is pretty bad since you're usually only looking at the watch for a couple of seconds. This happens every time you wake the watch?
How bad is the battery consumption compare to a stock watch face? It is animating at 30fps so it won't get to the level of a watch face that update once a second/minute but I could try to get it as energy efficient as possible. How is it compared to watch faces with sweeping second hands? Thanks for the feedback.
Not everytime. Sometimes I have to wait 1 sec to unlock, with touch or with sensor.
Battery drains like 5% hours instead of 10% every 4 hours with a stock watchface but I don't know if is possible to reduce that gap because of the fluid animation ;) and remember that sometimes it doesn't stop moving while in sleep mode ;)

nyvram1

Apr 20, 2010
anyone else running lollipop try to get mickey running? still no love on my nexus 5.

S

soulysephiroth

I'm running cm12. I'll charge up my watch and test it for you. I'll let you know if it works for me or not.

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Free mobile app

1speedman

Mar 24, 2011
Mickey on my G3/ LG G R, 4.4.2

I love mickey on my watch, but he goes crazy when he goes into the Sleep Mode... He starts to flicker, and goes random, black and white, or colors... He sometimes stays on the color mode or Black and White, when he settles down (15 seconds or so).... I hope you can fix him, he's a great addition to my new LG G R watch. Thanks....:D

jester41

Oct 2, 2009
Mickey Mouse watch face

Could someone check the performance of this watchface on their smartwatch? If possible could someone make a video of it running on the device as well?
Thank you for your help.
For the most part all the animations work fine but it doesn't update the time like it should can be minutes to hours of and need to refresh the face to get it to correct itself. Running it on Moto360

Beautiful face and animation though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thank you for your help.

Edit:
    Requires uninstall of version 2.3.2 and below.
    Update 2.3.7
    Fix positioning problems
    Update 2.3.6
    Fixed crash for tablets
    Update 2.3.5
    Changed up settings page
    Update 2.3.4
    Fix for new android wear watch resolutions
    Update 2.3.2
    fixed misalignment in LG G Watch
    Update 2.3.1
    adds color settings for background and numbers and yawn animation.
    Mickey yawns the first time the watch is woken up everyday between 4am and 12am.

Google drive link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8cIT2H3UpnIWm9SMUtwZ25meFU/
    Hey!
    I really love the watchface, but there hasn't been an update for half a year. Have you stopped working on the watchface or are there new features to come?:confused:
    The newly announced Minnie Mouse Watchface for the Apple Watch would be great to add in the future :fingers-crossed:

I'm still working on it, I am recreating the animations and adding complications. And yup, I'm working on the Minnie mouse watch face too.
    This is definitely an awesome watch face. I believe it is a battery hog though. I've shown it off to so many people, and they love every second of it. If you could optimize it in the slightest to run more efficiently, that would be amazing. I'm currently using it with a 360. I know the processor isn't the best or most power efficient, but it would be great for it to run even better on my watch.

Thanks for making this. It is easily my favorite and most preferred watch face., and I don't want to change it just to have slightly better battery life. :(

Well, I am not experiencing the same. I have the same battery life as before. Btw it is a g watch with just touch to wake. 2-3 days battery as always.

Don't worry guys, I'm tightening up the graphics .:good: