[APP][WIP]Mickey Mouse Watchface

Search This thread

GeminiPete

Mar 2, 2016
Amazing watch face, love it when my boss showed his Apple Watch and said "well one thing I know you cant do on your Android Wear thing" and I popped Mickey right up on my Urbane as well! Now I have a Huawei - any chance of Mickey "speaking" the Time when tapped ala AW OS 3? Do AndroidWear Watchfaces even support sound or is it possible to trigger it somehow (maybe with a hidden complication area that would trigger the sound byte?)?

martymcfly68

Oct 17, 2014
Amazing watch face, love it when my boss showed his Apple Watch and said "well one thing I know you cant do on your Android Wear thing" and I popped Mickey right up on my Urbane as well! Now I have a Huawei - any chance of Mickey "speaking" the Time when tapped ala AW OS 3? Do AndroidWear Watchfaces even support sound or is it possible to trigger it somehow (maybe with a hidden complication area that would trigger the sound byte?)?

According to this https://developer.android.com/training/wearables/wearable-sounds.html, yes. I do need the audio for it though. Does anyone have it?

jnrandall

Mar 5, 2010
I can't seem to get this working on my Galaxy S8+ and Huawei Watch (1st version) combination. The application installs on my phone but the watch doesn't appear in the watch face section of the Android Wear 2.0 app. Nor does it appear on my watch. I've reset the watch, wiped AW2 , reinstalled AW2 paired the watch and reinstalled the latest APK file with no success. I didn't have this problem with my other phones, ie. Pixel XL or Nexus 6P . Any ideas would be helpful and appreciated!

Thx
Jesse

EDIT: Duh! Nevermind. I forgot that I need to manually install it on the watch in the APPS section. Working for me now. :)

Last edited:

jnrandall

Mar 5, 2010
Download the apk to your phone from the original post and install it. I then sync the phone and watch from the Android Wear app. On the watch select Settings - Apps. The select Mickey Mouse and install.

Nisso79

Jun 15, 2017
That's the problem. Even after I sync, I don't see it listed on the apps

I had the same problem and found the solution that worked for me. Apparently with Wear 2.0 you need to use the Play Store install apps. On my moto 360 watch I opened the Play Store app and found the Mickey Mouse app inside, and selected Install. All good thereafter.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: bertans

dattguy

Jan 10, 2007
Moto G5 Plus
The Mickey watch showed in the Play Store app on the watch at the bottom available to be installed.

To the developer: Could you make a backwards Goofy watch? The hands are reversed and ... well, it's Goofy. You can find examples online.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Could someone check the performance of this watchface on their smartwatch? If possible could someone make a video of it running on the device as well?
    Thank you for your help.

Edit:
    Requires uninstall of version 2.3.2 and below.
    Update 2.3.7
    Fix positioning problems
    Update 2.3.6
    Fixed crash for tablets
    Update 2.3.5
    Changed up settings page
    Update 2.3.4
    Fix for new android wear watch resolutions
    Update 2.3.2
    fixed misalignment in LG G Watch
    Update 2.3.1
    adds color settings for background and numbers and yawn animation.
    Mickey yawns the first time the watch is woken up everyday between 4am and 12am.

Google drive link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8cIT2H3UpnIWm9SMUtwZ25meFU/
    Hey!
    I really love the watchface, but there hasn't been an update for half a year. Have you stopped working on the watchface or are there new features to come?:confused:
    The newly announced Minnie Mouse Watchface for the Apple Watch would be great to add in the future :fingers-crossed:

I'm still working on it, I am recreating the animations and adding complications. And yup, I'm working on the Minnie mouse watch face too.
    This is definitely an awesome watch face. I believe it is a battery hog though. I've shown it off to so many people, and they love every second of it. If you could optimize it in the slightest to run more efficiently, that would be amazing. I'm currently using it with a 360. I know the processor isn't the best or most power efficient, but it would be great for it to run even better on my watch.

Thanks for making this. It is easily my favorite and most preferred watch face., and I don't want to change it just to have slightly better battery life. :(

Well, I am not experiencing the same. I have the same battery life as before. Btw it is a g watch with just touch to wake. 2-3 days battery as always.

Don't worry guys, I'm tightening up the graphics .:good:
    Been running the new mickey for a couple days.. Here are my thoughts:

1 I would do something cool like make mickey black and white when the watch is in dim mode or something. Maybe even revert him to the original mickey! That would be sharp.
    2 the hand goes under his pants at 6pm so it hard to see the time
    3 sometimes when the watch wakes up he taps his foot really fast for a second or 2 then goes back to normal.