[APP] Wirtos' T9 Keyboard for Verge/Stratos/Pace

Search This thread

Wirtos

Dec 13, 2016
Simple Kotlin keyboard app for Amazfit Stratos|Verge|Pace.

No autocomplete, only English, Russian and Ukrainian languages(it's very easy to add new one, look into res/xml/number_pad_* and MainActivity.keyMaps. Pull requests appreciated. You can also ask me to add new language in the next update), all dimensions are hardcoded, no way to set as default keyboard (works basically with AmazMod).
Main features:
  • Choose languages in launcher
  • Swipe up - special symbols keyboard
  • Swipe down - hide keyboard silently(without Enter signal)
  • Swipe right - move cursor or space
  • Swipe left - move cursor
  • Tap text preview with green region to close keyboard with enter signal (for example, search something in xbrowser)
  • Tap red region to close keyboard without enter signal
  • Press and hold green or red region to hide keyboard silently
  • Press and hold text while keyboard is closed to move cursor
  • Tap shift/globe button - caps lock
  • Press and hold shift/globe button - change language
  • Touch "0" one time for "space" or use special symbols menu with separate holdable space button
  • Press and hold button with number to quickly type it
Source code

Attachments

• img_launcher.jpg
    img_launcher.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 1,276
  • img_abc.jpg
    img_abc.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 1,267
  • img_sym.jpg
    img_sym.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 1,241
  • wirtos'-t9-keyboard.apk
    2 MB · Views: 1,060
  • ycubn.jpg
    ycubn.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 1,175
  • cn_exmpl.jpg
    cn_exmpl.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 1,174
Last edited:

Arkham42

Aug 23, 2017
Nice Work! Its really a gret update for our beloved Watch.

It is possible you add Portuguese (BR) in the next update?

Thanks. Greetings from Brazil!

Arkham42

Aug 23, 2017
Hey, thanks for the kind words, I'll look into it tomorrow, but can you provide t9 example for your language in order to it be usable?

Thanks for the reply!

I have been using this app the whole day and must say this app should be one of the must-have APKs to our watch, alongside with Amazmod and Greatfit.
Nice job!
As an improvement, It is possible to make the first letter in the sentence an auto caps? Also, the same applies to the first letter after a dot (.).

Unfortunate, I searched around and could not find a image of T9 Portuguese keyboard to show you ):
But I will try to explain the differences the best way I can with my limited english. Please let me know if I could not express myself clear enough. I will try best next time. :)
Here it goes:

The Brazilian Portuguese Keyboard uses almost the exactly same letters and symbols than in english keyboard. And in the same position too.
In addition, we have the following letters: Á, Ã, É, Ê, Í, Ó, Õ Ú, Ç
The biggest difference, as you can see, is that we use accents in the vowels in certain words. And we have the addition of Ç
For that fact, some T9 keyboard make the the "number 2" button as follows: "ABC", and when you long press the button, it show the alternate letter: Á, Ã, Ç.
The same goes for the button 3 (DEF), when you long press it, it show the alternate letter: É, Ê
When you long press Button 4 (GHI), it shows Í
When you long press Button 6 (MNO) it shows Ó Õ
When you long press Button 8 (TUV), it show Ú

That's abou it.

And, finally, some T9 Keyboards put all those alternate letter in the symbol category. In that case, they could be accessibly by swapping UP, just like you did with the symbol options.

So both option explained above would work great for our language.
Please let me know if I can help with more information.

Obrigado.

john kat

Aug 4, 2020
Greetings
Is this app for the watch? if yes then how is it working. i am asking because i installed it and everytime i am going to write something like a responce to a message it just asks me to enter the text in my cellphone. i am using amazemod also.
Thank you for any responce

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Simple Kotlin keyboard app for Amazfit Stratos|Verge|Pace.

No autocomplete, only English, Russian and Ukrainian languages(it's very easy to add new one, look into res/xml/number_pad_* and MainActivity.keyMaps. Pull requests appreciated. You can also ask me to add new language in the next update), all dimensions are hardcoded, no way to set as default keyboard (works basically with AmazMod).
    Main features:
    • Choose languages in launcher
    • Swipe up - special symbols keyboard
    • Swipe down - hide keyboard silently(without Enter signal)
    • Swipe right - move cursor or space
    • Swipe left - move cursor
    • Tap text preview with green region to close keyboard with enter signal (for example, search something in xbrowser)
    • Tap red region to close keyboard without enter signal
    • Press and hold green or red region to hide keyboard silently
    • Press and hold text while keyboard is closed to move cursor
    • Tap shift/globe button - caps lock
    • Press and hold shift/globe button - change language
    • Touch "0" one time for "space" or use special symbols menu with separate holdable space button
    • Press and hold button with number to quickly type it
    Source code
    Nice Work! Its really a gret update for our beloved Watch.

It is possible you add Portuguese (BR) in the next update?

Thanks. Greetings from Brazil!
    Hey, thanks for the kind words, I'll look into it tomorrow, but can you provide t9 example for your language in order to it be usable?