[APP][WM6][2009-07-01] FingerSuite v1.12 RC8

Search This thread

Alexander-HTC

Jan 13, 2009
Thank you for the app. This app makes WM & HTC truly professional. I like when developers spend time and go with fast native code rather slow .Net.

loh_patrick

Aug 29, 2009
Exclusion list not working

thanks! that did the trick.for others i just added services.exe. not sure what other system menus this affect if any.

on another note, i noticed that msgbox doesn't support hardware controls, well it didnt for me i think. will this be added later on? thanks.

Hi SDreamer

I have the same problem as you. When my phone goes into lock mode and I get an alarm or appointment alert, FingerMenu doesn't respond and freezes even after I unlock the phone sometimes.

I have added the class name (thanks to changescreen app) which I want to exclude from FingerMenu and FingerMsgBox in both their respective exclusion list but I am still having the problem. I have added clocknot.exe, calnot.exe and services.exe to both the exclusion list.

Btw does anyone know what the "Menu wnd exclusion" and Msgbox wnd exclusion" tab is for? any idea how I can add items in here? Maybe this might solve my problem. :)

Appreciate any help I can get from anyone.

Cheers
Patrick
Phone: SE Xperia X1
Firmware: R3AA010
ROM: Generic_UK

aiiro

Mar 20, 2008
Francarl - is this application development dead?

There's still the "RC8" label on the soft and no information for months. Did You drop the development?

And what's the "HTC menu enhancement" and the loader thereof?

Ceger

Nov 10, 2007
Problem with Menu and MSGBix with SPB MobileShel 3.5

It seems that my phone (Sprint Touch Diamond) constantly has issues when trying to run both SPB MS 3.5 and Finger Suite. Anyone else experience this issue or know of a fix for it?

Ceger

ahmadnawaz

Sep 20, 2008
start menu not working

hi there..

the app really rocks.. but im having a problem.. i can't use it with start menu.. it will simply not work with start menu... i tried to install quick menu to see if it works with that or not.. but no use.. with manila 2d, file explorer its working absolutely fine...

im using HTC Elfin with RUU_Elfin_hTC_Asia_India_3.07.720.03_4.1.13.71_03.34.90_BLUE_Ship

i tried to search forum.. but couldnt find anything useful....

thanks for help in advance...

mrabc

Jun 10, 2009
excuse me, is it this program only work for manila2D
what if my device didn't install manila2d, is this working on it?
thanks.

mercuryzzz

Jun 24, 2008
Multilanguage: it's provided by mean of MUI files under program folder. By default english is selected if correct rom language is not found. If you want to contribute with your language, edit Finger<Menu|Msgbox>.exe.0409.mui files changing string tables, menus and language id (important!), rename it according to language id and post to this the thread please.
ONLY 2 LANGUAGE SUPPORTED: ENG and ITA.

Hi, I am Italian and I have a HTC Diamond with Italian ROM, but FingerSuite starts with English language. How can I have Italian language?

Ciao, io sono italiano e ho un HTC Diamond con una ROM italian, ma FingerSuite parte in inglese. Come faccio ad avere la lingua italiana?

P.S. Specifico che rimangono in inglese le impostazioni presenti nel menu Impostazioni > Sistema, per il resto il menu che si attiva mediante softkey è correttamente in italiano
Inoltre segnalo un bug nella versione 1.12 RC8 che non era presente nella versione 1.11, cioè quando in Esplora risorse premo sul nome della cartella in alto (dove si preme per andare alle cartelle dei livelli superiori) per un attimo appare il menu di Windows ingrandito da FingerMenu, poi ritorna il menu classico di Windows. Questo non avveniva con la versione 1.11

Last edited:

astuermer

Feb 4, 2006
Wow, great work!
Works perfect on my Asus P750.

Currently sending a donation, great piece of software!

astuermer

Feb 4, 2006
If someone's interested, a german translation... find it attached!

Just copy the appropriate file to /Programme/FingerMenu or /Programme/FingerMsgbox and restart your device.

I also tried to generate the german .mui for the CPL.
With limited success...

Attachments

• FingerMenu_GER.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
A

AndyM3

Hello everyone!

I'm having a little problem with FingerMsgbox. It doesn't work in File Explorer. If I open the context menu for a file and select "Delete", the default WM dialog pops. FingerMsgbox works in other applications like Tasks, though.
I use the most recent version that comes with FingerSuite 1.12rc8.

Can anyone help me? File Explorer isn't on any exception list, by the way.

sbonnell

Jan 29, 2007
Hi Francarl,

There's still the "RC8" label on the soft and no information for months. Did You drop the development?

And what's the "HTC menu enhancement" and the loader thereof?

I was wondering exactly the same things. Does the later one replace Finger suite ? Looking at the screenshots it could.

Regards
Stephane

francarl

Dec 13, 2008
Hi Francarl,

I was wondering exactly the same things. Does the later one replace Finger suite ? Looking at the screenshots it could.

Regards
Stephane

YES, htc menu loader aims to replace fingersuite. Menu works quite well (its native htc menu enhancement of recent touch2/rodhium devices), MessageBox needs improvement but Michyprima is working on it (and his whole ManilaSDK)

FingerSuite now is a stable version, despite of label rc8. It works fine, and according to me it doesn't need further development at the moment.

Try to use FingerSuite OR HtcMenuLoader v1.2 and choose whatever you like most.
Regards
Francesco

astuermer

Feb 4, 2006
It seems HTC Menuloader needs more memory than FingerSuite... am I right?

I only have a 64 MB RAM device with 22 MB free... so every MB is critical :(

sbonnell

Jan 29, 2007
Try to use FingerSuite OR HtcMenuLoader v1.2 and choose whatever you like most.

Thanks for your reply.

I tried HtcMenuLoader but when running Menu does not appear anymore ! DialogBox are working well.

PS : My Phone HTC Prophet with a 6.1 Rom with Manila 2D (not sure which one ;-)). Keeping FingerSuite which is working very well

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Me and my finger thanks you for breaking the crippling need of a stylus. haha!