• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP][WWE][Updated 08/18/2008] HTC Action Screen VGA for Diamond (Raphael Icons)

Search This thread

Ouzo

Nov 30, 2007
Thanks Slow23, this is fantastic! At last I have got back some of the functionality of my little ELF without getting rid of Touch Flo3D : )

In order to tailor things to my exact requirements, I've changed a couple of registry entries to allow me to create a new MMS instead of Web Search, and to toggle bluetooth on and off (using BTOnOff.exe, available at www.freewarepocketpc.net) instead of web favourites, but I'm having difficulty changing the BackGroundEnglish PSD containted in the Raphael ZIP on page one. I've managed to change the text below each icon, but editing the icons themselves is way beyond me (LOL!). Also, I haven't got a clue how to save my edited PSD file as a .brn. Could anyone help Mr Stupid here?

Just in case anyone else wants to edit their registry settings in a similar way, for MMS, under HKEY\LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Biotouch\ActionScreen\APP_6, I changed "Param" to "-new" and "Path" to "\windows\tmail.exe" (no quotations). For Bluetooth toggling I placed BTOnOff.exe in Program Files\ActionScreen and then under HKEY\LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Biotouch\ActionScreen\APP_7 I removed the text under "Param" and changed "path" to \Program Files\Actionscreen\BTOnOff.exe

You need to reboot for the changes to take effect. With regard to new MMS functionality, this doesn't take you straight into a new MMS, but it does take you to an account selection page where MMS is listed. Still, two key presses is better than 11ty million IMHO ; )

Any help RE editing the icons in the PSD file would be greatly appreciated, as would learning how to save the result as a .brn file....

EDIT Sorry, just discovered Bmp2BRN here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=1466941&postcount=41. Would still love an artist to make a Bluetooth Toggle and MMS icon though ; )

EDIT,EDIT LOL! Bmp2BRN didn't work for me, but BRNConvert worked perfectly : ) http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=346910

Last edited:

st3v3nhai

Nov 5, 2008
I'm currently looking for the WVGA 480x800 version, is anyone has been created it, plz share it as well, thnx alot :)

civicvx94

Dec 11, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio
Hi,
I made this mockup of my idea of Action Screen for HTC Diamond
I think would be great if anyone could make this work.

what you guys think?

x2
I would be willing to donate to the cause.
It would be great to have an option to press the "action" key and have a variety of app icons to quickly choose from (much like the new start menu in wm6.5), along with the customization of having which ones you will actually use...