[APP] XDA TV (Tablet Edition) v1.4

nathanpc

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 20, 2009
Brazil
about.me
XDA TV (Tablet Edition) v1.4

Now you can have all the XDA TV videos wherever you go using this application. At the time it's limited to tablets(since I got my Galaxy Tab last week and I wanted to play with some coding for it). I need people testing if this works and how it works on Honeycomb tablets(since I don't have one to test). If you were looking for the phone version, just click here.

I've been working on this for a week. Making the layout using HTML and CSS3 was easy, but I got a lot of problems while trying to make the code work on Android, so I took a bit more to match the code for Android. At the time I can't find another way to open up the videos without firing up the browser to redirect to the Video application, the OS has a lot of problems with HTML5 Video tag so I've done it like this.

The technologies used on this application:

Last edited:

nathanpc

Nov 20, 2009
Brazil
about.me
TODO:
* Add the HD play options(720p and 1080p)

v1.4:
* Fixed the "Application Not Installed" bug (need testers to check this)

v1.1.1:
* Added a glass effect to the icon

v1.1:
* New feed that is now hosted on my server and I'll keep it updated
* Description added to the video area

v1.0.3:
* Added the placeholder image(forgot to add on the project before compiling) *facepalm*

v1.0.2:
* Added a placeholder image while no video is selected

Update 1:
* User Eroc162 reported that the application is running without problems on a G-Slate

Last edited:

nathanpc

Nov 20, 2009
Brazil
about.me
Yup. But I'm working to port this to phones too, in about 3/4 days it will be finished. I want to make the phone users have a good experience, just like the tablet users have. :)

Also, any suggestions, bug reports and improvements that you want to see, please post here that I'll look for it.

Reactions: adazamim

jallmitch

Jul 6, 2010
XOOM 3g

Works on the XOOM 3G, here are some things to consider.

1. Yes it did open in a browser window - but the program went back to the App. In order to watch the video I had to switch back to the browser.

2. The GUI is a little off..... "TV" is located between the brown bar and the video pane. The Play button w/ description could be centered in the app.... I know I am nit picking, but you asked :)

Good job otherwise.

CuBz90

Sep 27, 2010
Manchester
www.galaxys7.co.uk

1. Yes it did open in a browser window - but the program went back to the App. In order to watch the video I had to switch back to the browser.

2. The GUI is a little off..... "TV" is located between the brown bar and the video pane. The Play button w/ description could be centered in the app.... I know I am nit picking, but you asked :)

Good job otherwise.
The video opened straight away for me. But may work different on HC

nathanpc

Nov 20, 2009
Brazil
about.me

Good job otherwise.
Can you send me a screenshot please. I've designed this application for the Galaxy Tab, since I don't have any Honeycomb tablet, so it needs some polishes on the 10" sizing.

Now that is one ugly UI! ;)

I would try this if I could. Sadly I've yet to buy a tablet.
It's the first version mate, I'm still working on the UI. It's not easy to make beautiful UIs using HTML and CSS.

adazamim

Sep 24, 2010
Cairo
Yup. But I'm working to port this to phones too, in about 3/4 days it will be finished. I want to make the phone users have a good experience, just like the tablet users have. :)

Also, any suggestions, bug reports and improvements that you want to see, please post here that I'll look for it.
This is brilliant mister.
Can't wait for the phone version,

Keep it up.

8ESP

Aug 11, 2010
Can you send me a screenshot please. I've designed this application for the Galaxy Tab, since I don't have any Honeycomb tablet, so it needs some polishes on the 10" sizing.

It's the first version mate, I'm still working on the UI. It's not easy to make beautiful UIs using HTML and CSS.
Nononono! I wasn't at all dissing the UI!
It was a joke about azrienoch's face :)
The app looks great.