[APP] xdaShutdown v1.01 [20 AUG 09] - A Skinnable Shutdown App - All Resolutions

Search This thread

DaveShaw

Senior Moderator Emeritus
Dec 4, 2007
Huddersfield
www.taeguk.co.uk

Info:
A fully skinnable (see post #2) shutdown application that asofiker asked me to come up with a long time ago and I've finally got it finished. It's written in Native Win32 C++, so the load speed is PDQ.

My skinning skills are rubbish so any one interested in making this look nice, please post and I'll add your graphics.

Screens (WVGA theme on my TP2):
xdaShutdown.png

Features:
  • Shutdown actually works.*
  • Fully skinnable, will work in any resolution.
  • Full screen mode.
  • Sleep / Light's out modes.
  • Command Line (see "Usage").
  • Map to Long press.
*Should work on HTC devices since the Kaiser, I'm open to try and add support to non HTC devices. PM me if you can help.

Usage (Command line):
You can call xdaShutdown command line as follows:
Code:
xdaShutdown /restart [/warn] - Soft resets the device.
xdaShutdown /shutdown [/warn] - Power off the device.
xdaShutdown /sleep - Put the device in Sleep mode.
xdaShutdown /lightsout - Turn off the screen.

/warn - issues a warning before performing the action.

Change log:
Download full change log

-[BUG] Fixed command line bugs (would only shutdown)
-[TWK] Replaced Kernel IO Control with ExitWindowsEx(). This should ensure settings are saved upon restart / shutdown.
-[TWK] The Sleep / Light's out option simply overrides the action of the Sleep button to light's out - even if you have a seperate lights out button.
-[NEW] Ability to create a Long_press.lnk shortcut in \Windows\. Existing shortcut is backed up and restored if needed when removing the shortcut.
-[NEW] Various XML Changes, If you're new to skinning, just see post #2 and read up. If you're an existing skinner and want to see what's changed, read the full change log.

-Initial Release

TODO:

Known Issues:
  1. Actions in the XML are case sensitive.
  2. Remove 1px border around the BG.
  3. Shutdown Support on the following devices: Atom Life, Omnia (II?), Moto A3100 (WM 20780), Toshiba G900, Asus P320, Flame, KS20, Magician, Palm Treo Pro 850, Asus P527, Acer M900. (Anyone who knows how to fully power off these devices, let me know).

Thanks
-Chourdakis Michael for his XML Lib.
-asofiker for the QVGA graphics.
-Olipro, cmonex, l3v5y and no2chem for general coding help.
-fards for the long press work around (until I get it in the app).
-All the Skinners :D

Downloads (WWE):
I have uploaded 3 versions (all with crappy graphics) for QVGA, VGA and WGVA.
There's also a Exe only, for those that don't want to lose their skin ;).

Other Languages:
-ESN v1.01
-GER v1.01

Last edited:
Reactions: mohammadi1758

DaveShaw

Dec 4, 2007
Huddersfield
www.taeguk.co.uk
About:
If you can think of a (serious) better way of implementing skinning PM me (spare the thread) and I'm happy to discuss.

Images
Create your button images with a fuschia (255 R, 0 G, 255 B) background. This part of the image won't be rendered.

Place the "Up" and "Down" parts of the image in exactly half of the image. Left half is up, right half is down.

Sample images are in the CABs in Post #1.

Layout (Theme.xml)
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xdaShutdownTheme>
<button>
    <name>sleep</name>
    <xPos>24</xPos>
    <yPos>4</yPos>
    <action>sleep</action>
  </button>
  <button>
    <name>restart</name>
    <xPos>24</xPos>
    <yPos>74</yPos>
    <action>restart</action>
  </button>
  <button>
    <name>shutdown</name>
    <xPos>24</xPos>
    <yPos>144</yPos>
    <action>shutdown</action>
  </button>
  <button>
    <name>cancel</name>
    <xPos>180</xPos>
    <yPos>214</yPos>
    <action>cancel</action>
  </button>
  <button>
    <name>lightsout</name>
    <xPos>24</xPos>
    <yPos>274</yPos>
    <action>lightsout</action>
  </button>
  <background>
    <color>FFFFFF</color>
  </background>
  <fullscreen>false</fullscreen>    
  <landscape>
    <button>
      <name>sleepL</name>
      <xPos>24</xPos>
      <yPos>4</yPos>
      <action>sleep</action>
    </button>
    <button>
      <name>restartL</name>
      <xPos>24</xPos>
      <yPos>74</yPos>
      <action>restart</action>
    </button>
    <button>
      <name>shutdownL</name>
      <xPos>24</xPos>
      <yPos>144</yPos>
      <action>shutdown</action>
    </button>
    <button>
      <name>cancelL</name>
      <xPos>180</xPos>
      <yPos>214</yPos>
      <action>cancel</action>
    </button>
    <button>
      <name>lightsoutL</name>
      <xPos>24</xPos>
      <yPos>274</yPos>
      <action>lightsout</action>
    </button>
    <background>
      <color>FF0000</color>
    </background>
    <fullscreen>false</fullscreen>
  </landscape>
</xdaShutdownTheme>
The button part should be obvious. The background part might be a tad trickier. If you want to use background.png as the background, set "useImage" to "background". If it's not specified, then you can specify a background colour in RRGGBB format in "color". If neither are there, it will be white.

Fullscreen, means that the top bar will be hidden.

I've attached the xsd for theme if any of you are XML geeks like me :)

Attachments

• xdaShutdownTheme.zip
    994 bytes · Views: 3,483
Last edited:

DaveShaw

Dec 4, 2007
Huddersfield
www.taeguk.co.uk
Skinning

If you make me some better skins, I'll post some previews here, but I have so much interest I've started to remove some, so have a look through the thread also :).

Please post the the target resolution, the 5 (or 4) button images and the theme XML in a CAB to install into %programfiles%\xdaShutdown.

QVGA
BLEG.png

Download - cris_rowlands

Capture.png

Download - cris_rowlands

uyfkhj.png

Download - cris_rowlands

Picture1-5.png

Download - cris_rowlands

sdfj.png

Download - cris_rowlands (Left = Restart, Middle = Shut Down, Right = Sleep/light, Bottom = Cancel)

chunku.png

Download - cris_rowlands

attachment.php

Download - cris_rowlands

sixpointfive.png
65_QVGA_2.png

Download / Download - cris_rowlands

sshot034.jpg

Download - Phonatic

sshot029.jpg

Download - Phonatic

attachment.php

Download - gullum

not_happy-1.gif

Download - borealcool

Last edited:

DaveShaw

Dec 4, 2007
Huddersfield
www.taeguk.co.uk

Attachments

• VGAs.jpg
    VGAs.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 80,174
Last edited:

drmidnight

May 26, 2008
Just got a break at work so I decided to check out some xda and I saw this. I made three different skins that are nothing more than a mockup and I don't really have the time to make them into an actual skin, but you are welcome to the layered psd.

zu2yx1.jpg

2h32zqp.jpg

1fby1f.jpg

dancer_69

Jan 2, 2007
Great tool,
If you include the option to run with power button will be perfect.
Thanks

drmidnight

May 26, 2008
Thanks, but I'm really bad at photo-shopping. That's why my graphics are sooo bad.

Dave

Its all cut up would just require the xml and saving all the layers out as individual images. Maybe if I get some time tonight Ill save them all for you so you would just need to make the xml file.

DaveShaw

Dec 4, 2007
Huddersfield
www.taeguk.co.uk
Its all cut up would just require the xml and saving all the layers out as individual images. Maybe if I get some time tonight Ill save them all for you so you would just need to make the xml file.

No, I'll make the XML if needed. You will however need to make sure the Background of the buttons either matches the wallpaper, or is FF00FF (solid, none of that semi solid stuff PS does).

Ta
Dave

Clipp

Jul 16, 2009
Nice! It's installed and working on my Touch Pro.
Not sure if you know this, but the x button on bottom right is partially clipped by softkey bar on VGA screen. Everything seems to be working though.

I do have one question... Aside from skinning, does this app differ in any way from SVMPowerMgr? Does this one have advantages? I never tried the other one, so I'd like to know...

Thanks!

DaveShaw

Dec 4, 2007
Huddersfield
www.taeguk.co.uk
Nice! It's installed and working on my Touch Pro.
Not sure if you know this, but the x button on bottom right is partially clipped on VGA screen. Everything seems to be working though.

I do have one question... Aside from skinning, does this app differ in any way from SVMPowerMgr? Does this one have advantages? I never tried the other one, so I'd like to know...

Thanks!

Can you post a screen pic plz? I'll tweak the VGA theme XML, but I need to guess by how much - unless you can test for me, just edit it with MobilePad or similar.

SVMPowerMgr call's PowerOffWarning.exe, mine tries to invoke the DLL (so you can bypass the shutdown dialog), before calling the exe.

Ta
Dave

Jokes On You

Sep 29, 2008
Im liking this. If the shutdown is actually working I'll be willing to make a mockup vista shutdown similar to the one for psShutXP

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
OutStanding Work Dave!!! This will for sure be a place in the programs. The only thing I can think of is the screen off command. Would be great if there was a button for it and it worked like nitrogens screen off for music.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Info:
    A fully skinnable (see post #2) shutdown application that asofiker asked me to come up with a long time ago and I've finally got it finished. It's written in Native Win32 C++, so the load speed is PDQ.

My skinning skills are rubbish so any one interested in making this look nice, please post and I'll add your graphics.

Screens (WVGA theme on my TP2):
    xdaShutdown.png

Features:
    • Shutdown actually works.*
    • Fully skinnable, will work in any resolution.
    • Full screen mode.
    • Sleep / Light's out modes.
    • Command Line (see "Usage").
    • Map to Long press.
    *Should work on HTC devices since the Kaiser, I'm open to try and add support to non HTC devices. PM me if you can help.

Usage (Command line):
    You can call xdaShutdown command line as follows:
    Code:
    xdaShutdown /restart [/warn] - Soft resets the device.
    xdaShutdown /shutdown [/warn] - Power off the device.
    xdaShutdown /sleep - Put the device in Sleep mode.
    xdaShutdown /lightsout - Turn off the screen.

/warn - issues a warning before performing the action.

Change log:
    Download full change log

-[BUG] Fixed command line bugs (would only shutdown)
    -[TWK] Replaced Kernel IO Control with ExitWindowsEx(). This should ensure settings are saved upon restart / shutdown.
    -[TWK] The Sleep / Light's out option simply overrides the action of the Sleep button to light's out - even if you have a seperate lights out button.
    -[NEW] Ability to create a Long_press.lnk shortcut in \Windows\. Existing shortcut is backed up and restored if needed when removing the shortcut.
    -[NEW] Various XML Changes, If you're new to skinning, just see post #2 and read up. If you're an existing skinner and want to see what's changed, read the full change log.

-Initial Release

TODO:

Known Issues:
    1. Actions in the XML are case sensitive.
    2. Remove 1px border around the BG.
    3. Shutdown Support on the following devices: Atom Life, Omnia (II?), Moto A3100 (WM 20780), Toshiba G900, Asus P320, Flame, KS20, Magician, Palm Treo Pro 850, Asus P527, Acer M900. (Anyone who knows how to fully power off these devices, let me know).

Thanks
    -Chourdakis Michael for his XML Lib.
    -asofiker for the QVGA graphics.
    -Olipro, cmonex, l3v5y and no2chem for general coding help.
    -fards for the long press work around (until I get it in the app).
    -All the Skinners :D

Downloads (WWE):
    I have uploaded 3 versions (all with crappy graphics) for QVGA, VGA and WGVA.
    There's also a Exe only, for those that don't want to lose their skin ;).

Other Languages:
    -ESN v1.01
    -GER v1.01
    Here's 30 of my WVga skins.
    The download includes the skin folders and a scripts folder.

To use the scripts you will need Mortscipt and xdaShutdown installed.

INSTRUCTIONS:
    1) Download and unzip this file. http://depositfiles.com/files/it4cggn7g
    2) Place the "xdaShutdownSkins" folder in the root directory of you devices storage card.
    3) On your device, use file explorer to navigate to the "30Scripts" folder. it's located in the "xdaShutdownSkins" folder.
    Path = \storage card\XdashutdownSkins\30Scripts.

4) Select one of the .mscr files. Wait two/three seconds for xdaSutdown to start.

To view or switch to another skin exit xdaShutdown and select a different .mscr file.

The last skin you choose will be the one that comes up when you start xdaShutdown, until you change it.
    You can use your own backgrounds on most of these skins. Just relplace the background image inside the skin folders.

That's a good idea (the one with the MortScript to change the skins). Thanks. :)

To make the script run regardless of where you place the "xdaShutdownSkins" folder you can use in the script:

XCopy (SystemPath("ScriptPath")&"\..\SkinFolderName\*.*","\Program Files\xdaShutdown", TRUE )

instead of hard-coding the folder path.

This also allows people to change the name of the "xdaShutdownSkins" folder and the "30Scripts" folder as well (but not the name of the folder where the skin is placed).

Cheers

EDIT:
    OK, I spent a couple more minutes and I have created a small script (based on Phonatic's scripts) that will allow to browse to the folder where the skin files are located, select the skin folder and it will apply it to xdaShutDown and start the program with the new skin. This way you can put all your favorite skins in a folder (each skin in it's own folder, of course :)) on the storage card (for example) and use this script to pick the one you want to use today :) and you don't need a separate script for each skin. It's very basic, but it does the job :)

You'll need MortScript installed to run it.

Have fun