[APP] Xiaomi/Fengmi/Wemax Mi Led/Laser Projector/TV tools

Giulios86

Apr 10, 2020
Hi all
I own fengmi 4k l176fcn but unit failed on my when upgrading software. Was in the procces of upgrading when my power went off. Now projector wont turn on. Been trying to get in to recovery mode without luck. When plug it in power botton flash 3 times and switch off. When trying to get in to recovery mode power bottom stays lid all the time
Did anyone had similar situation. What would be solution in this case
Thaanks
Robbie
It happened to you for a different reason, but it seems you have the same behaviour as me and other users that flashed the wrong firmware on our l176fcn.

Did you do a full backup?
Have a copy of your dev/block/backup?

If the answers to the above are "no", i think your only option is to try flashing the batman firmwares from post #4 and see if you are lucky and one of those resurrects your projector.
Maybe wait for somebody else feedback before doing it for sanity check.

Edit:
Another thing you can try before any flash is to reset your projector from the standard recovery, assuming you are accessing it and it's just the screen not working.
You have to blindly do the steps with the remote for full stock recovery. Spocky posted the sequence to do with the remote or just watch a YouTube video and replicate the same steps if you don't find Spocky's post

youpeta

Nov 30, 2005
Hi spocky, happy new year.

Trust you are well and hope you can help.

Is their any way to downgrade magisk back to 19.4 or the latest version that works.

I was upgrading apps, clearing trash and doing the typical new year housekeeping, Accidentally I upgraded Magisk and now Google play and other apps don't seem to work properly ( can't upgrade or load new apps from the store)

As I can upgrade Magisk, I wondered if there is any way to downgrade without an uninstall reinstall ?

Best regards
Hi,
I managed to downgrade using these instructions:

Kind regards
Youri

Reactions: MAX_G

robi0543

Apr 10, 2014
It happened to you for a different reason, but it seems you have the same behaviour as me and other users that flashed the wrong firmware on our l176fcn.

Did you do a full backup?
Have a copy of your dev/block/backup?

If the answers to the above are "no", i think your only option is to try flashing the batman firmwares from post #4 and see if you are lucky and one of those resurrects your projector.
Maybe wait for somebody else feedback before doing it for sanity check.

Edit:
Another thing you can try before any flash is to reset your projector from the standard recovery, assuming you are accessing it and it's just the screen not working.
You have to blindly do the steps with the remote for full stock recovery. Spocky posted the sequence to do with the remote or just watch a YouTube video and replicate the same steps if you don't find Spocky's post
hi
See i wasn`t changing anything on te projector so i dont have a backup
Will try that other method before flashing anythig
Thanks for replay

thomas-fr

Jan 22, 2021
Hi there!

Thanks for the amazing work you did for Xiaomi devices!

I just received a Xiaomi Mijia 2Pro (MJTYY03FM), which is a DLP 1080p Chinese-only projector. For now, I'm using ProjecTivy Tools, which works just fine, but I'd love to be able to root it and turn it into a fully-featured English Android TV.

I followed the (easy mode) rooting instructions. Since my model is not in the list of supported devices, I tried all three TWRP (rainman, batman and zodiac), but at the "adb reboot update" step, the projector always boots on the stock recovery menu, and not the custom TWRP...
I made sure the archive is decompressed, I tried 2 different USB sticks, in the two USB ports - but no luck.

Does anyone else have this projector and maybe managed to root it?

Thanks a lot!

Thomas

suschmania

Nov 1, 2011
Heyhey,
I have a power strip that can be switched off, all my home cinema devices are connected there - including the Xiaomi projector Mijia 1S. When I turn on the power strip, the projector starts right up - but sometimes I just want to listen to music through my AV receiver.
Where can I change these settings on the projector (no automatic startup when power is switched on)? Thanks

br45rm

Jan 7, 2021
Hey Spocky12,
Been trying to upgrade to premium, but keep getting the error message.
I thought it could be because I used the latest version of the magisk(v20.4), so I tried to downgrade by following this video here
. After doing this the version of the magisk downgraded to v19.3, but my projector for some reason went back to unrooted and still can't purchase the premium.
What would you recommend me to do now?
My projector is Xiaomi 1s 4k and I live in the US.

Attachments

Last edited:

vslayer100

Sep 22, 2012
Hi guys! I have a Fengmi M055FCN and I just bought an Amazing Fire Stick Lite... I tried everything but it Amazon Prime and Netflix both won't play videos... Any thoughts? Prime gives me the Playback_Renderer_Error and Netflix give me the tvq-pb-101 5.2.5 error....
I'm going crazy over this :((((

vslayer100

Sep 22, 2012
@spocky12 - any thoughts on the below? since it's a playback_renderer_error it seems that neither netflix nor prime on FireStick can recognize the display format (HD/UHD/4k) of the Fengmi M055FCN maybe??? and that triggers the issue.

Hi guys! I have a Fengmi M055FCN and I just bought an Amazing Fire Stick Lite... I tried everything but it Amazon Prime and Netflix both won't play videos... Any thoughts? Prime gives me the Playback_Renderer_Error and Netflix give me the tvq-pb-101 5.2.5 error....
I'm going crazy over this :((((

smagdali

Jan 24, 2021
I've been through the whole rooting process following the french instructions https://sites.google.com/view/fengmi-4k-memo/procédure-de-a-à-z/root-et-projectivy-tools
(with my schoolboy french!). I got as far as the 'grant ProjectTivy superuser request stage (pictured) but it timed out. I can't figure out how to get back to here to regrant. I tried reflashing magisk from the USB but access is still denied. How do I fix? Do I need to reflash stock and start from the beginning?

Attachments

fersago

Nov 29, 2010
Sevilla
Hi there!

Thanks for the amazing work you did for Xiaomi devices!

I just received a Xiaomi Mijia 2Pro (MJTYY03FM), which is a DLP 1080p Chinese-only projector. For now, I'm using ProjecTivy Tools, which works just fine, but I'd love to be able to root it and turn it into a fully-featured English Android TV.

I followed the (easy mode) rooting instructions. Since my model is not in the list of supported devices, I tried all three TWRP (rainman, batman and zodiac), but at the "adb reboot update" step, the projector always boots on the stock recovery menu, and not the custom TWRP...
I made sure the archive is decompressed, I tried 2 different USB sticks, in the two USB ports - but no luck.

Does anyone else have this projector and maybe managed to root it?

Thanks a lot!

Thomas
Hi Thomas! Did you manage to solve this?

I have purchased the Mijia Youth Edition 2, the one with side projection and 460ansi, which is neither in the list, and I’m wondering if it’s possible for me to install android TV and have Netflix.

best regards,

mityaika123

Jan 25, 2021
I've already thrown a look at it and I can't understand the issue : in the stock keystone app, I can't see any code that hides the 4 points / 8 points toggle button for the mijia device. So I don't know why this device doesn't have the same behavior as the wemax/fengmi. I'll try to dig a bit further when I get time.
Hi! Thanks for your work!

BTW - do you have any news about this issue? :) Its terrible to correct image on screen in this mode (with flat/fine tuning).

RichRatsch

Mar 25, 2013
Thanks so much for the great work and efforts @spocky12!
My Chinese version of Batman works like a charm now, only Youtube Signin won't work, but that's a smally :)

Quick question, froze most of the Bloatware through your TV-Tools-App, but there is still some bloatware left and running.
Before I freeze / uninstall system critical stuff, is there a complete list of Xiaomi Projector blaotware / spyware / tracking?

I froze those from your list below:

"com.duokan.videodaily",
"com.xiaomi.mitv.advertise",
"com.miui.systemAdSolution",
"com.mitv.care",
"com.xiaomi.tv.appupgrade",
"com.xiaomi.mitv.searchcenter",

"com.xiaomi.mitv.handbook",
"com.xiaomi.mitv.calendar",
"com.xiaomi.tweather",

"com.xiaomi.mitv.shop",
"com.xiaomi.mitv.shop.mihome",
"com.xiaomi.mitv.shop.tvshop",
"com.xiaomi.mitv.tvpush.tvpushservice",

"com.mi.umi",
"com.mi.umifrontend",

"com.xiaomi.devicereport",
"com.mitv.gallery",
"com.xiaomi.tv.gallery",
"com.xiaomi.mitv.karaoke.service",
"com.xiaomi.mibox.gamecenter",
"com.xiaomi.gamecenter.sdk.service.mibox",
"com.xiaomi.mibox.gamecenter",
"com.mitv.appstore.component.land",
"com.xiaomi.mitv.appstore",
"com.xiaomi.mitv.payment",
"com.xiaomi.mitv.pay",
"com.mipay.wallet.tv",
"com.miui.tv.analytics",
"com.xiaomi.statistic",
"com.xiaomi.voicecontrol",
"com.xm.webcontent",
"com.xiaomi.mimusic2",
"com.mitv.screensaver",
"com.mi.umi",
"com.mi.umifrontend",
"com.xiaomi.account.auth",
"com.xiaomi.account",
"com.xiaomi.screenrecorder",

"com.sohu.inputmethod.sogou.tv",
"com.sogou.speech.offlineservice",
"com.baidu.input"

thomas-fr

Jan 22, 2021
Hi Thomas! Did you manage to solve this?

I have purchased the Mijia Youth Edition 2, the one with side projection and 460ansi, which is neither in the list, and I’m wondering if it’s possible for me to install android TV and have Netflix.

best regards,
Hi fersago!

Nope, I didn't manage to root the Mijia 2Pro. But the ProjecTivy Tools app still works (without root), which is very handy to get menus in English and get some apps (like YouTube, and maybe Netflix also? - I didn't try). The only thing missing is Google Services, and the ability to get rid of the stock Chinese menus.

Best,

Thomas

daft009

Jun 23, 2007
Sydney
flashed my batman for the first time, thanks to cr4zyw3ld3r's youtube guide.
all running okay, however

turning on the projector takes longer now (hit "on" the remote till the picture appears)

also, can't seem to change the default launcher. under settings, home its set to ATV (also tried ptivy tools) however the google tv launcher keeps loading

would like it to ideally goto HDMI3 as soon as you turn it on for WAF factor

EDIT: superuser access to Ptivy tools wasn't active. now it is. it goes straight to HDMI3, turns on my soundbar and my shield pro.... mission accomplished! :D

pressing the home button on the PJ remote is still taking me back to the google launcher. can't figure out how to make Ptivy the stock one???

EDIT: typos

Last edited:

staru22

Jun 29, 2014
Hello guys.

I didn't know where to write, so I'll write here, maybe someone else had the problem.

I have my projector (Xiaomi Mijia 4k) from September 2019 and around November 2020 I've changed the metal plate from Nikos/projectorjunkies😊. It fixed the problem with the vertical lines but I still have a dead pixel, which to my understanding, it's from the DMD 1910-50BBM chip.

Unfortunately, yesterday my projector started by itself (not joking, was really weird) and it started with the fans on maximum and with the screen not working, and sadly, still doesn't work, I can't even plug it in because it starts automatically.

I've opened the projector to check for loose connections or something, but everything seems fine, only thing I noticed is a red light on the motherboard (I think), which I didn't know if it's normal or it shows an error.

Anyone knows what is going on with the projector? 😢

Wu70

Feb 26, 2010

raffictraffic

Jan 27, 2021
I've bought the following model MJJGYY02FM (International Xiaomi Mi Projector) [anglee]

Build: PQ3B.190705.003.2453
Kernel Version 4.9

Will this device be rootable with rainman_twrp_3.2.2.0.zip regarding the Build level or do I have to wait for a newer release of the TWRP root?