[APP] Xperia Album (Photo Gallery) *Awesome*

Search This thread

decalex

Apr 21, 2009
Boston, MA
A fellow XDA'er, Fergie716 sent me this app the other day, and I feel compelled to share it with the GNex community. This is, by far, the best Photo Gallery app I've ever used.
As far as I know, it's relatively new from a Sony Xperia ROM

QZJKJBIj

Pinch.png
Untitled-3.png
Untitled-4.png
Untitled-5.png
Untitled-6.png
Untitled-7.png

Features
• Awesome pinch to zoom for great photo browsing experience
• Fancy animations
• Alternate list view to browse photos
• Long-Press multi-select/manage photos
• Great geotagging features
• Maps to view pictures by location
• Earth view of geotagged photos

Installation
• If you haven't already, Check 'unknown sources' under Menu>System Settings>Privacy
• Just run the apk, install to data (normally)
• Make your friends jealous

Download Album App

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Penutbutter_N_Jelly

Mar 3, 2010
Awesome looking gallery. Gave me a systemUI crash shortly after I installed it though. If that didn't happen and this had the functionality of QuickPic I'd switch to it

bearsblack

Feb 12, 2011
Thanks!!!

---------- Post added at 02:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 AM ----------

Also getting Fc when trying to share a pic

Penutbutter_N_Jelly

Mar 3, 2010
Ahh I don't think the sysui crash would be related to this app. Rom?

Sent from my Paranoid GNex

I'm on a pretty fresh install(1 day old) of a rock solid cm10 ROM. Haven't had any systemUI problems until installing this. It happened right after using the app for the first time and backing out of it

decalex

Apr 21, 2009
Boston, MA
I'm on a pretty fresh install(1 day old) of a rock solid cm10 ROM. Haven't had any systemUI problems until installing this. It happened right after using the app for the first time and backing out of it

There aren't any "rock solid" cm10 roms yet, really. But besides the point, if you have any logs, or can replicate, willing to take a look.
In general, Rom name and version is helpful for me (or others) to trouble shoot.

Penutbutter_N_Jelly

Mar 3, 2010
There aren't any "rock solid" cm10 roms yet, really. But besides the point, if you have any logs, or can replicate, willing to take a look.
In general, Rom name and version is helpful for me (or others) to trouble shoot.

What I meant was this cm10 rom ( winner's) is the most problem free that I've run on my phone.
I'll see if I can replicate the issue and get you a log.
Thanks

*edit
BTW here's what I'm running http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1782436
8/6 version with the included kernel at stock 1200 speed

Last edited:

Gorjess

Nov 6, 2011
one of the best gallery app out there..
ohh i love xperia goodies :good:

anyway you dont have to pinch to zoom in/out in album view, simply swipe left/right..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A fellow XDA'er, Fergie716 sent me this app the other day, and I feel compelled to share it with the GNex community. This is, by far, the best Photo Gallery app I've ever used.
    As far as I know, it's relatively new from a Sony Xperia ROM

QZJKJBIj

Pinch.png
    Untitled-3.png
    Untitled-4.png
    Untitled-5.png
    Untitled-6.png
    Untitled-7.png

Features
    • Awesome pinch to zoom for great photo browsing experience
    • Fancy animations
    • Alternate list view to browse photos
    • Long-Press multi-select/manage photos
    • Great geotagging features
    • Maps to view pictures by location
    • Earth view of geotagged photos

Installation
    • If you haven't already, Check 'unknown sources' under Menu>System Settings>Privacy
    • Just run the apk, install to data (normally)
    • Make your friends jealous

Download Album App

Enjoy!
    Ya, the sharing functionality seems to not work. This app wasn't ported, just straight from the Rom. I can look inside tho and investigate a real port.

There's a bug in the app in the way it handles share history--it's calling ShareActionProvider.setShareHistoryFileName( NULL ). ICS doesn't seem to mind but since upgrading to JellyBean it's been crashing for me.

If you have apktool, disassemble the APK and delete the 4 lines in the .smali files that contain setShareHistoryFileName:

Code:
    [email protected]:/scratch/android/z/SemcAlbum.apk.orig.out/smali$ find . -name '*.smali' | xargs grep setShareHistoryFileName
    ./com/sonyericsson/album/view/LocalView.smali:    invoke-virtual {v1, v2}, Landroid/widget/ShareActionProvider;->setShareHistoryFileName(Ljava/lang/String;)V
    ./com/sonyericsson/album/view/OnlineView.smali:    invoke-virtual {v1, v2}, Landroid/widget/ShareActionProvider;->setShareHistoryFileName(Ljava/lang/String;)V
    ./com/sonyericsson/album/viewer/FullscreenActivity.smali:    invoke-virtual {v0, v1}, Landroid/widget/ShareActionProvider;->setShareHistoryFileName(Ljava/lang/String;)V
    ./com/sonyericsson/album/AlbumFragment$4.smali:    invoke-virtual {v2, v3}, Landroid/widget/ShareActionProvider;->setShareHistoryFileName(Ljava/lang/String;)V

Then reassemble the APK and your sharing will work. Note, however, that if you rebuild the APK you'll have to sign it, register your developer key with Google and update ga_api_key in res/values/strings.xml in order for the Google Maps integration to keep working.

LOL, can you share your newly built APK? This isn't an easy task for 99% of users on here. Thanks.
    The versions posted previously are, yes. The one I attached from the Xperia T is v 1.0.A.0.72

However here is v 2.1.A.1.26 which is the new Media Apps version. As before, it installs fine and works for viewing but closes when trying to share.
    Nice app definitely a better flow than the stock gallery. Live the pinch zoom effect. Definitely a good find.

Sent via moon rays...
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone