/** Disclaimer * The usual stuff, I am not responsible for any damages from this mod, * either to you phone, your job, your house, your kitten, blah blah… */
Introduction, How it works, etc.
This is a KnockCode feature addition for hellsCore kernel on our beloved Nexus 4.
I created this mod by modifying Stratoks's dt2wake in hellsCore kernel that you can input a pattern on the screen, which is separated in a grid of 4 rectangles (For further explanation search for LG KNOCKcode on Google). I record that pattern in Touchscreen driver, and then write it into a sysfs file.
In the second step, the hellsCode config Xposed module reads the code from that file, and compares it to the code saved in its preferences. If the code was correct, it finishes the Keyguard to unlock your device.
If the code is wrong, the screen still goes on, but this time shows the Keyguard. That means you can also use it as QuadrupleTap2Wake
At the moment, this mod heavily relies on Xposed, but I hope that I can integrate this mod directly into some custom roms, I will write a guide for rom creators later.
Since B80, my mod is merged into the official hellsCore kernel.
* You need Xposed for this to work properly
* Install hellsCore kernel from here (since B80)
* Install hellsCodeConfig.apk, activate in Xposed installer, reboot.
* Set up your code in hellsCode Config app.
* You need to have doubletap2wake enabled in your favorite Kernel manager, and also enable the mod with
echo 1 > "/sys/devices/virtual/input/lge_touch/hells_code_enabled"
To disable temporarily, do echo 0 > "/sys/devices/virtual/input/lge_touch/hells_code_enabled", to remove permanently uninstall the hellsCode Config app.
* hellsgod for creating the best kernel in the world * Stratosk for providing me the base with his dt2wake mod
hellsCode, Device Specific App for the Google Nexus 4
Source Code: https://github.com/hellsgod/hells-Core-N4/commit/10eb65957bbcf65004d432a02fe7345a149c36db
Current Stable Version: 1.1
Stable Release Date: 2015-06-27
Last Updated 2016-08-24