Discover Killer is an Xposed module that allows you to replace the Google Discover page of your home screen with whatever you want. Tired of garbage clickbait articles and ads? This module can replace the page with your favourite app, RSS feed or other supported 'Overlays'
(Replacing the page with Entertainment Space, an RSS feed and launching the BBC News app)
Discover Killer has a number of options to configure the 'overlay' (the panel to the left of your home screen), including:
Replace it with another overlay
- Supported overlays include Entertainment Space; which shows TV shows, music and games, a custom RSS feed, and HomeFeeder. See the Wiki page for more info
Launching an app when fully open (any app is supported)
- Whether to launch the app fresh from each swipe, or to resume the app
- Pick from a list of backgrounds (based on the app's splash screen and icon) to show on the overlay when opened
- Pick a colour from your wallpaper to use for Material You
Compatibility:The module should work on any launcher that has the Discover page. It hooks the Google app rather than the launcher, which allows this. I've tested it on Lawnchair, Nova Launcher and Action Launcher successfully.
This module has been tested and is working with LSposed, but should also work with EdXposed. Make sure you enable hooking for the Google App when enabling the module (it should be pre-selected)
Another rewrite? Yeah.
Discover Killer 3.0 removes Snapshot, but replaces it with the ability to use custom overlays. These include a simple RSS feed, Google's Entertainment Space (which shows movies, TV shows, games, music and books), or HomeFeeder. See the Wiki page for more info.
There's also a rewritten settings UI which is simpler, and has much less wait time as the preview has gone. Instead, the overlay changes immediately, so simply swipe to go home to view the updated overlay.
Please note: If you're updating from an old version, please uninstall it before installing this new build. You will need to re-hook the Google App (and Entertainment Space if you have it installed), and then reboot for it to take effect.
- Tweaked Material You theming on Snapshot, with colors now applied to the FAB, bottom pill and some icons. Cards are handled from the server so can't be tinted easily.
- Allowed Snapshot to draw behind the status bar and added padding to handle that
- Added the ability to bypass the Xposed checks, please only use this if your Xposed install is working but the checks are failing.
- Improved the hiding of status bar backgrounds to prevent a grey line appearing on Snapshot
is on GitHub