[APP][XPOSED][4.0.3+] xSuite 1.0.1 - changes name and icon of your apps

Search This thread

giuliomvr

May 16, 2013
Cologne
I'm not introducing system-wide icon change. I just wrote that I may try it as well. Someone on reddit posted this false information. So your are free to do it ;)

Thanks for you reply. Afterwards it sounds not how I intended it to sound like, I don't want to stop anyone from doing this projects.^^

Does anybody know if this works on the Nexus 5 running SlimKat & stock GEL Launcher? 5

Well, there is no reason why it should not!

Aah yes, and a small bug is present, I forgot to mention : When you use the built in explorer and tap back 2 times before opening any folder in the list, rhe module crashes

I complety rewrote the file picker, it's fixed now!

Reactions: KNIGHT97

J_M_V_S

Mar 11, 2012
Buenos Aires
www.hsws.com.ar
@GalaxyInABox this is a great module! Just installed it today and has been working great thus far.

I would like to ask if it is possible to also change the name when a module appears in Settings. I have to Xposed modules (Sense 5 Toolbox & HTC Tweaker) that insert themselves in the Setting lists. I've changed the name of both of them and they work, but not on Setting (see screenshots).
I'm running KK 4.4.2 with Sense 5.5 on HTC One.

Any test I could do, feel free to ask.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-24-20-50-51.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-24-20-50-51.png
    190 KB · Views: 163
  • Screenshot_2014-05-24-20-51-23.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-24-20-51-23.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 157

KNIGHT97

Jan 30, 2014
Mumbai
Edit : earlier bug report deleted. Issue was due to LMT launcher
Sorry
Sent from my RPG with auto targeting

Last edited:

giuliomvr

May 16, 2013
Cologne
I would like to ask if it is possible to also change the name when a module appears in Settings. I have to Xposed modules (Sense 5 Toolbox & HTC Tweaker) that insert themselves in the Setting lists. I've changed the name of both of them and they work, but not on Setting (see screenshots).
I'm running KK 4.4.2 with Sense 5.5 on HTC One.

Any test I could do, feel free to ask.

Thats really strange, I assume you are using the preference injector? Forget it, it is part of the rom, right? If you give me the name of the field/string that stores the name, I can change it, but there is no way to do it automatically.

Edit : earlier bug report deleted. Issue was due to LMT launcher
Sorry

Lol, do you know what caused it? :D

It shows app renamed in apps info but not in touchwiz launcher :/

Known bug, although it's not really a bug, but caused by the weird behaviour of touchwiz. I have a note 3, but I hate tw, thus I am using a pac rom. Maybe I will flash a tw rom again, which would allow me to do some testing.

Some launchers are problematic. I guess the original icons are cached. Even Nova launcher doesn't show the new ones

Someone said that changing the icon pack(and back to default) refreshes the cache. Nova also has a sqlite db that stores this, and one table(of three if i remember correctly) is used for caching. If somebody tells me how you drop a specific table from another app, I can offer the function to do it automatically.

PunchUp

Sep 18, 2013
Someone said that changing the icon pack(and back to default) refreshes the cache. Nova also has a sqlite db that stores this, and one table(of three if i remember correctly) is used for caching. If somebody tells me how you drop a specific table from another app, I can offer the function to do it automatically.
Nova Settings actually has a hidden menu called “Labs.” It has an option to clear icon cache. That didn't work but I'll give changing the icon pack a try.
EDIT: Well it didn't work for me :p

Last edited:

Vihru

May 25, 2012
Finland
Known bug, although it's not really a bug, but caused by the weird behaviour of touchwiz. I have a note 3, but I hate tw, thus I am using a pac rom. Maybe I will flash a tw rom again, which would allow me to do some testing.

Do you know how to fix that? Then it would be great if can rename all apps in touchwiz!

Btw. Im using galaxy s5 with kitkat 4.4.2 and touchwiz.

KNIGHT97

Jan 30, 2014
Mumbai
Lol, do you know what caused it? :D

Keyboard state listener was the issue.
It made the keyboard draw over the everything including the emojis or cursor control and thus typing became quite hard for me ?
I thought it was because of some module and was quick to disable the newest one, and thought that might solve it......but I saw later that it was LMT launcher

PunchUp

Sep 18, 2013
Some icons get reset randomly. Is this a known bug? To be specific this currently happens with Opera Mini icon on my phone

giuliomvr

May 16, 2013
Cologne
Do you know how to fix that? Then it would be great if can rename all apps in touchwiz!

Btw. Im using galaxy s5 with kitkat 4.4.2 and touchwiz.

As i pointed out before, i have no idea. I still think its something with the cache, but everyone having the bug tried wiping it and it didnt work either.

Keyboard state listener was the issue.
It made the keyboard draw over the everything including the emojis or cursor control and thus typing became quite hard for me ?
I thought it was because of some module and was quick to disable the newest one, and thought that might solve it......but I saw later that it was LMT launcher

Well, lol :D

Some icons get reset randomly. Is this a known bug? To be specific this currently happens with Opera Mini icon on my phone

First time i hear this(actually second time hehe), can you check if the icon for the app can be found in the following folder: /data/data/de.galaxyinabox.xsuite2/icons ?

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

PunchUp

Sep 18, 2013
First time i hear this(actually second time hehe), can you check if the icon for the app can be found in the following folder: /data/data/de.galaxyinabox.xsuite2/icons ?
Yup the icon is present there. It's strange. Sometimes after a reboot it changes but otherwise reverts to the original icon

spaboleo

Jul 16, 2010
Just wondering why I can't find the module in the Xposed App's download pane?
If I download the apk manually and install it, it is accessible.

However: Any plans includeing access to icon packages, like Launchers like Nova offer?
Thanks in advance. :good:

giuliomvr

May 16, 2013
Cologne
Yup the icon is present there. It's strange. Sometimes after a reboot it changes but otherwise reverts to the original icon

Strange, really strange..

Just wondering why I can't find the module in the Xposed App's download pane?
If I download the apk manually and install it, it is accessible.

However: Any plans includeing access to icon packages, like Launchers like Nova offer?
Thanks in advance. :good:

I can see it, weird. And yep, currently working on it.

spaboleo

Jul 16, 2010
[...]
I can see it, weird. And yep, currently working on it.

Weird, indeed. :confused:

Xposed 2.6.1 on a HTC One (m7), running a Goolge Play Edition based 4.4.2 Rom (Sinless 6.6.0), which is as close to stock as possible.
Just some performance tweaks and everything else pretty much relies on Xposed.

But Xposed seems to have some performance issues right now anyways.
Updating the repo-list sometimes takes ages or fails with a timeout or the reply "null" to the download query :/

I haven't developed a Xposed module...can you limit the device' availability somehow?

And thanks for working on the icon-pack integration. I'm using one of those packs and 95% of my icons are from it + a few custom made ones.
So I don't have access to 95% of the required icon graphics :/
This would be awesome.

btw: Liebe Grüße aus Deutschland ;)

yblaze8

Dec 10, 2006
United States
Weird, indeed. :confused:

Xposed 2.6.1 on a HTC One (m7), running a Goolge Play Edition based 4.4.2 Rom (Sinless 6.6.0), which is as close to stock as possible.
Just some performance tweaks and everything else pretty much relies on Xposed.

But Xposed seems to have some performance issues right now anyways.
Updating the repo-list sometimes takes ages or fails with a timeout or the reply "null" to the download query :/

I haven't developed a Xposed module...can you limit the device' availability somehow?

And thanks for working on the icon-pack integration. I'm using one of those packs and 95% of my icons are from it + a few custom made ones.
So I don't have access to 95% of the required icon graphics :/
This would be awesome.

btw: Liebe Grüße aus Deutschland ;)
If it's icon pack with a apk extension you may be able to extract the apk using a ES Explorer or some similar. You can then look through the folders and find the icons wanted.

giuliomvr

May 16, 2013
Cologne

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    xSuite

Features(At the moment):
    • Change the name of your app throughout your entire device
    • Change the icon of your app throughout your entire device
    • Disable the AudioFocus function

Screenshots:
    Screenshot_2014-05-14-22-01-10.jpgScreenshot_2014-05-14-22-03-20.jpgScreenshot_2014-05-14-22-03-55.png

Requirements:

Installation:
    1. Install the app.
    2. Activate the module in the xposed settings.
    3. Change whatever you want.
    4. Reboot.

Permissions:

• KILL_BACKGROUND_PROCESSES to restart the launcher
    • READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE and WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE to load icons

Usage:
    Simply open the app, wait for the list to load(which takes an eternity, i know) and either press the settings button to disable the audiofocus function or click an app to rename/change icon.
    To avoid the loading, you can also go to the detail view by opening the app info and pressing on the name(thanks to MohammadAG!).
    Changes will be applied when restarting the device.
    The app can rename ANY app and change the icon of almost any(5 out of 150 apps).
    And it is able to disable the audiofocus, now your music won't stop when you accidently open a youtube link.

Download:
    • Xposed Repo: Click
    • Via XDA: Under the post

Thanks to:
    • rovo89 for the xposed framework and his support! Danke!
    • MohammadAG for his support and allowing me to use his "Shortcut in App Info" module!

Features to come:
    • Make the audiofocus changable per app.
    • Integrate the resOverloader module by babuilyas with an ui.
    • Whatever you suggest(and is possible).
    • Was going to put it on google play, but well, 25 euros.
    • I'm going to translate it to german. ^^

Please read this as well:
    As I pointed out before, i'm developing this as a hobby. I am not a developer, i'm going to school and doing this for fun.
    Someone asked me whether I want donations. No I, don't, all I ask for is that you tell me if it helped you and a thanks(and please report all bugs).

Known Bugs:
    • Can't replace all icons. I had a better hook, that didn't use the ressource api, but it didn't work on launchers, only in normal apps. Unicon has this issue as well, so i think it's not my fault.

Changelog:

1.0:
    • Initial release
    1.0.1:
    • Added a search field to the app list
    • Added an icon picker(only use icons, if they are shown correctly in the picker as well!)

Agreed, resflux is a different beast, and definitely not what I'm looking for to replace this app. I'd rather just have a small update with a new official name. I liked the alias idea, maybe xAlias, Xposed Alias, or the like

Even Resflux still can't change the Hangouts icon though. Have you worked out that problem yet?

Also, your app is a LOT more user friendly than Resflux is. I think having both of them around is a good idea, because they appeal to different users with different levels of experience.

Okay guys, you convinced me. Most of the code was finished. I'm gonna simplify it a little(learned something about dependecy injection) and make this awesome(just kidding, lol)

"Alias" is a great name concept for this module.

And thats (still) an awesome name, i'm gonna stick with it :)
    Hi just downloaded this module, can you implement where when I'm choosing icon I can chose from an icon pack not from the file explorer? It is hustle to decompress an icon pack apk just to choose an icon
    +1 Will be nice to have an option to apply a whole icon pack or choose an icon form a pack without unzipping the apk. (we need it even more as Unicon is not updated for so long and it is no more working with latest xposed)

Its in the next version(its a complete rewrite so it takes some time).

This is, in my opinion, the coolest xposed module out there. So awesome.

Eagerly awaiting the next version so I can change the Hangouts icon! :D

Yay thanks :D

If i enable "Disable AudioFocus" option i lost music player control in lockscreen

lol. didn't even notice. In my opinion thats amazing haha

Today I managed to break my hand(lol), so I can't develop that much in the next week, but it's coming guys! :D
    eg. I can change the icon of greenify app but cannot change the "greenify now" widget icon

Do you know where the icon is linked? Like if it is defined in androidmanifest.xml?

its strange, i cant found this app on system/app :confused:
    if in nova launcher i do "App Info" on telephone app wich i use normally thw page opened " App Info" show me the "Contacts App" :confused:
    i tryed also to found in system/app the "Contact App" but i cant found it, the only app with telephone icon is "LGTelephonyProvider.apk.
    im a little bit confused :(
    waht i must to do? what do you need now? :good:

Take a look at system/app-priv or something like that. I dont really know where they hide all the manufactures apks, but i remember that there was a directory like that.

I'm having an issue with this app on my Note 3, running Jedi TouchWiz with Apex launcher.

I can't change icons, I type in the location of the icon I would like to use in place of the stock one but the OK button won't light up and allow me to select it...

I dont really onderstand what you mean by that. Can you attach an image of what you did?

The only library I can find for this that seems to be getting updates is androidsvg https://code.google.com/p/androidsvg/ it also includes a license so if your looking this might be a good place to start.

Thank you for looking for this! It seems pretty stable and easy to implement. Well, i need to read the entire license(and i'm neither an native english speaker nor a laywer and it seems confusing to me). I mean, you never know, maybe i will ask for donations at one point of time and removing features then is not what i want.

Still no luck on my s3/s4 in terms of changing names....:banghead:

Also still not in lists, like xSuite?

And regarding further development: before someone complains about my 'refusal to implement features people have requested' i have to say that i need to rewrite some of the code to allow me to make add the features. This simply takes time, i never worked with android before and have to read a lot of the documentation, which takes time. And of course school takes time, social life takes time, some day i am able to put 3 hours of work into the app, some day not a single one.

xSuite 1.0.1 is out!

New features:
    • Added a search field to the app list
    • Added an icon picker(only use icons, if they are shown correctly in the picker as well!)