Search This thread

Netuser

Feb 4, 2006
Toronto
How is it going for update ? Is it anytime soon ? Cant wait to use it :(

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

chenliangchen

Feb 16, 2011
Thank you for your work! Just a noob question, what's the effect/use of disabling audiofocus function?

PS: My suggestion of name: Icona... :)

---------------------

Edit: Found it can't change HTC dailer and Hangouts, changed inside app but no effect after reboot. Guess others have already reported...

Last edited:

giuliomvr

May 16, 2013
Cologne
As far as I can tell there is already an app there with these features called Resflux, thus I dont really see any point to develop this any further(except for an quantum ui)

Reactions: 954wrecker

mattdm

Dec 31, 2011
As far as I can tell there is already an app there with these features called Resflux, thus I dont really see any point to develop this any further(except for an quantum ui)

Even Resflux still can't change the Hangouts icon though. Have you worked out that problem yet?

Also, your app is a LOT more user friendly than Resflux is. I think having both of them around is a good idea, because they appeal to different users with different levels of experience.

Even Resflux still can't change the Hangouts icon though. Have you worked out that problem yet?

Also, your app is a LOT more user friendly than Resflux is. I think having both of them around is a good idea, because they appeal to different users with different levels of experience.

Agreed, resflux is a different beast, and definitely not what I'm looking for to replace this app. I'd rather just have a small update with a new official name. I liked the alias idea, maybe xAlias, Xposed Alias, or the like

Totally agree!

----
i9300
CM11
Android 4.4.4
Boeffla Kernel
PA-GApps

Reactions: Spookymyo

giuliomvr

May 16, 2013
Cologne

Agreed, resflux is a different beast, and definitely not what I'm looking for to replace this app. I'd rather just have a small update with a new official name. I liked the alias idea, maybe xAlias, Xposed Alias, or the like

Okay guys, you convinced me. Most of the code was finished. I'm gonna simplify it a little(learned something about dependecy injection) and make this awesome(just kidding, lol)

"Alias" is a great name concept for this module.

And thats (still) an awesome name, i'm gonna stick with it :)

zulu888

Jan 27, 2013
OnePlus 8
Glad you decided to proceed. This app is a must for anyone like myself that is anal about icons. Simple and works like a charm! Thanks a lot for sharing

xbarsasy

Jun 15, 2014
Marburg
Works like a charm ! :good:
Can I export the modified app with the new name and icon ?
If No do you know any app or method to do that .. and Thanks ! :)

G

GuestK0036

Okay guys, you convinced me. Most of the code was finished. I'm gonna simplify it a little(learned something about dependecy injection) and make this awesome(just kidding, lol)

Ok for the name it's done, now have you made a new icon for Alias (or XAlias)? :D

giuliomvr

May 16, 2013
Cologne
I tried xSuite yesterday and it's something I've been looking for for years. Thanks!

Glad you decided to proceed. This app is a must for anyone like myself that is anal about icons. Simple and works like a charm! Thanks a lot for sharing

(2x) Glad to hear this :)

Works like a charm ! :good:
Can I export the modified app with the new name and icon ?
If No do you know any app or method to do that .. and Thanks ! :)

Do you mean that the app keeps its name when installing the apk somewhere else?

Ok for the name it's done, now have you made a new icon for Alias (or XAlias)? :D

Nah, I suck at Photoshop :D

And I have still no idea how to use xposed with android studio, lol.

Last edited:
G

GuestK0036

Nah, I suck at Photoshop :D

And I have still no idea how to use xposed with android studio, lol.
:laugh: well maybe someone will see this post and you will make it for you! :fingers-crossed:

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

BTW, is there a way to change voice search icon?

xbarsasy

Jun 15, 2014
Marburg
(2x)

Do you mean that the app keeps its name when installing the apk somewhere else?

Yes that's what I mean ..
And I just want to ask why the new names not appear in the app drawer instead the old names ..
It just appear in the " Application manger" ... well this is what I need , But if it will appear in the app drawer it will be better
And thanks :):good:

Persechini

Mar 12, 2012
Rio de Janeiro
Yes that's what I mean ..
And I just want to ask why the new names not appear in the app drawer instead the old names ..
It just appear in the " Application manger" ... well this is what I need , But if it will appear in the app drawer it will be better
And thanks :):good:

they do, you just need to restart systemui. or is it the launcher? lol, dunno, just reboot and you are good to go with the new names

xbarsasy

Jun 15, 2014
Marburg
they do, you just need to restart systemui. or is it the launcher? lol, dunno, just reboot and you are good to go with the new names

I'm using the system's launcher ..
I restarted the phone , and clear cache and data for the system app which called " Touchwiz home"
And the name didn't change:crying:
It's a little strange that when I use " Easy mode" in "Home screen mode" in setting I see the new names ..
But when I use the "Standard" I just got the old names ..
Do you have any Idea how to fix what ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    xSuite

Features(At the moment):
    • Change the name of your app throughout your entire device
    • Change the icon of your app throughout your entire device
    • Disable the AudioFocus function

Screenshots:
    Screenshot_2014-05-14-22-01-10.jpgScreenshot_2014-05-14-22-03-20.jpgScreenshot_2014-05-14-22-03-55.png

Requirements:

Installation:
    1. Install the app.
    2. Activate the module in the xposed settings.
    3. Change whatever you want.
    4. Reboot.

Permissions:

• KILL_BACKGROUND_PROCESSES to restart the launcher
    • READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE and WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE to load icons

Usage:
    Simply open the app, wait for the list to load(which takes an eternity, i know) and either press the settings button to disable the audiofocus function or click an app to rename/change icon.
    To avoid the loading, you can also go to the detail view by opening the app info and pressing on the name(thanks to MohammadAG!).
    Changes will be applied when restarting the device.
    The app can rename ANY app and change the icon of almost any(5 out of 150 apps).
    And it is able to disable the audiofocus, now your music won't stop when you accidently open a youtube link.

Download:
    • Xposed Repo: Click
    • Via XDA: Under the post

Thanks to:
    • rovo89 for the xposed framework and his support! Danke!
    • MohammadAG for his support and allowing me to use his "Shortcut in App Info" module!

Features to come:
    • Make the audiofocus changable per app.
    • Integrate the resOverloader module by babuilyas with an ui.
    • Whatever you suggest(and is possible).
    • Was going to put it on google play, but well, 25 euros.
    • I'm going to translate it to german. ^^

Please read this as well:
    As I pointed out before, i'm developing this as a hobby. I am not a developer, i'm going to school and doing this for fun.
    Someone asked me whether I want donations. No I, don't, all I ask for is that you tell me if it helped you and a thanks(and please report all bugs).

Known Bugs:
    • Can't replace all icons. I had a better hook, that didn't use the ressource api, but it didn't work on launchers, only in normal apps. Unicon has this issue as well, so i think it's not my fault.

Changelog:

1.0:
    • Initial release
    1.0.1:
    • Added a search field to the app list
    • Added an icon picker(only use icons, if they are shown correctly in the picker as well!)

"Alias" is a great name concept for this module.

Hi just downloaded this module, can you implement where when I'm choosing icon I can chose from an icon pack not from the file explorer? It is hustle to decompress an icon pack apk just to choose an icon
    +1 Will be nice to have an option to apply a whole icon pack or choose an icon form a pack without unzipping the apk. (we need it even more as Unicon is not updated for so long and it is no more working with latest xposed)

Its in the next version(its a complete rewrite so it takes some time).

This is, in my opinion, the coolest xposed module out there. So awesome.

Eagerly awaiting the next version so I can change the Hangouts icon! :D

Yay thanks :D

If i enable "Disable AudioFocus" option i lost music player control in lockscreen

lol. didn't even notice. In my opinion thats amazing haha

Today I managed to break my hand(lol), so I can't develop that much in the next week, but it's coming guys! :D
    eg. I can change the icon of greenify app but cannot change the "greenify now" widget icon

Do you know where the icon is linked? Like if it is defined in androidmanifest.xml?

its strange, i cant found this app on system/app :confused:
    if in nova launcher i do "App Info" on telephone app wich i use normally thw page opened " App Info" show me the "Contacts App" :confused:
    i tryed also to found in system/app the "Contact App" but i cant found it, the only app with telephone icon is "LGTelephonyProvider.apk.
    im a little bit confused :(
    waht i must to do? what do you need now? :good:

Take a look at system/app-priv or something like that. I dont really know where they hide all the manufactures apks, but i remember that there was a directory like that.

I'm having an issue with this app on my Note 3, running Jedi TouchWiz with Apex launcher.

I can't change icons, I type in the location of the icon I would like to use in place of the stock one but the OK button won't light up and allow me to select it...

I dont really onderstand what you mean by that. Can you attach an image of what you did?

The only library I can find for this that seems to be getting updates is androidsvg https://code.google.com/p/androidsvg/ it also includes a license so if your looking this might be a good place to start.

Thank you for looking for this! It seems pretty stable and easy to implement. Well, i need to read the entire license(and i'm neither an native english speaker nor a laywer and it seems confusing to me). I mean, you never know, maybe i will ask for donations at one point of time and removing features then is not what i want.

Still no luck on my s3/s4 in terms of changing names....:banghead:

Also still not in lists, like xSuite?

And regarding further development: before someone complains about my 'refusal to implement features people have requested' i have to say that i need to rewrite some of the code to allow me to make add the features. This simply takes time, i never worked with android before and have to read a lot of the documentation, which takes time. And of course school takes time, social life takes time, some day i am able to put 3 hours of work into the app, some day not a single one.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk
    xSuite 1.0.1 is out!

New features:
    • Added a search field to the app list
    • Added an icon picker(only use icons, if they are shown correctly in the picker as well!)