• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[app][xposed][5.0+] app2vr

Search This thread

klausmensch

Jun 21, 2017
Hi! I'm very impressed with what you achieved there!
Is there any way to get bluetooth controllers to work with this? I use a bluetooth gamepad for android, which works fine out of the box with my LG G4. However, when I am in app2vr mode, I can see the simulated mousecursor, but can't click/tap anything. and when I tap the button which is usually mapped for "back" in navigation bar, app2sd sends me back to its mainscreen. the shoulder triggers zoom the picture in and out. but no other buttons or functions are working.

PHYSC-1

Aug 11, 2013
Summary && Detail:
1, you can convert the application to VR mode to watch and operate.
2, support the Bluetooth handle.
3, VR mode to support the up and down volume keys to control the screen size.
4, support touch screen operation, touch screen area from the upper left corner of the physical screen to start mapping
5, there may be some BUG, disable module can be restored
ScreenShot && Download:
http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.app360.app360
YOUTUBE:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyROy_zLaQA
Major update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
detail:
Support global VR mode in landscape for all of android apps.
This function is tested on Android 5.1 and Android 6, Android5.0 has not yet tested.
This function is strong enough for having no friends
using:
open settings app,find Accessibility,switch on Magnification gestrues.when play apps in landscape,triple tapping the screen,then you will in VR mode.
notice:
miui should allow system alert window
if not work,please check auto run and record screen permission
any suggesting can email to [email protected]
Just used it to try out grand theft auto san andreas, I assume it's really only for apps, but how about games that's what would be the absolute beast of all beasts to make it play any game in vr so we can then use joypads to play our games in vr if you do not have a gyroscope, that would be the ultimate [email protected], gta plays but mosly off screen settings wasn't working either pressing the cog, so going to try a older version on android 5.1.1 here custom on cubot x15 running bellulah firmware.

Follow up here: Used google cardboard installed that opened the APP2VR application through the opened google cardboard app and it then opened a bit bigger screen size for each eye, but it's seemingly moving around the screens each eye, I can only assume it's trying to use headtracking, you should make a simple version 100% size for each eye and no head tracking, that would then allow us to use any app 3d sbs and use a gamepad for the controlling of the games example we'd have game like modern combat 5/grand theft auto series/ nova 3/ shadowgun deadzone and the list goes on imagine all these in 3d without the need for a gyroscope that would sell like hot cakes too, I for one would pay for the privelage

Last edited:

klausmensch

Jun 21, 2017
Just tried to play shovel knight. it launches perfectly, but still, not able to use it because there is no blurtooth controller support in app2vr mode. OS is 6.0 Android on my LG G4.

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

Just used it to try out grand theft auto san andreas, I assume it's really only for apps, but how about games that's what would be the absolute beast of all beasts to make it play any game in vr so we can then use joypads to play our games in vr if you do not have a gyroscope, that would be the ultimate [email protected], gta plays but mosly off screen settings wasn't working either pressing the cog, so going to try a older version on android 5.1.1 here custom on cubot x15 running bellulah firmware.

Follow up here: Used google cardboard installed that opened the APP2VR application through the opened google cardboard app and it then opened a bit bigger screen size for each eye, but it's seemingly moving around the screens each eye, I can only assume it's trying to use headtracking, you should make a simple version 100% size for each eye and no head tracking, that would then allow us to use any app 3d sbs and use a gamepad for the controlling of the games example we'd have game like modern combat 5/grand theft auto series/ nova 3/ shadowgun deadzone and the list goes on imagine all these in 3d without the need for a gyroscope that would sell like hot cakes too, I for one would pay for the privelage

I certainly would pay for that too. this + bluetooth gamepad support would be awesome!

AmrIKhudair

May 7, 2017
Project is dead?

No updates, No replies from the developer(s)! Can we assume that the project is dead? :'(

mojoswagger1980

May 18, 2014
Hi, thanks for the app :)

U mentioned about root mode. Any case this works with nougat in root mod I'm just asking
:)
Yep i can confirm it is working in nougat provided you have xposed ;)

---------- Post added at 03:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 AM ----------

In Cardboard mode: It only shows main activity, app can not be controlled by the headset, Moga gamepad doesnt work (moga universal driver) and probably other controllers, and yoi have to look towards fixed direction
In Global mode: Not all the screen is visible through the vr glass (bigger than it should be)
How could it possibly be affecting input devices ? Its just mirroring a screen side by side with magnification

---------- Post added at 03:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 AM ----------

Hi . Nice app =) . Seems to be working quite well! In the xposed repo the discripttion mentions global vr mode but i cant seem to find the option all i can see when i open the app is my installed app list, am i suppose to enter an application and then just exit to desktop ? i guess im asking if vr mode stays active exiting the selected app. Additionally the screen doesnt line up quite right i have to tilt the phone away from me (amounts to looking down to get the image to center is there a means to calibrate the gyroscopes to correct this ? Really think this has a lot of potential. Id love to see gyroscope enabled gaming ;)

Reactions: reversegear

VDDZ

Mar 7, 2010
Very cool. Is there an options menu? I can see a gear icon, but I cannot click it.

lilcdj1

Nov 28, 2017
Quite great module! But i want to use this app with retroarch but the bluethooth controller doesn't work with retroarch but app2vr. I think it should have function which bypass the bluetooth control to target app so can control the app with controller directly within the target app!

damian510

Dec 31, 2010
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I use this app for flying with my Xiaomi mi drone 4k app, it is amazing, I saved like 700$ on buying the VR goggles, it's amazing. thx for writing this app.

Reactions: jamiedg

damian510

Dec 31, 2010
HI guys, just bought a new phone Redmi 5 plus 16:9 ratio and app2vr displays a big black bezel frame on the left and right side, tried to decompile this apk but couldn't find the code in it, do you have maybe the source code of this app?

tv2q0

Jul 7, 2014
This is almost what I need, but I need some app that split my screen with the same content on both halfs, but just as two screens not as VR display, I mean; I need two STATIC screens from the splitting;without gyro, without accelerometer or similar effect (as for example, to read pdf books by using VR glasses). I've tried another module called sensor disabler, but it doesn't seem to work, that is, it doesn't stop gyro, accelerometer, etc (well, at least on my phone. I own a CAT S60 with rooted marshmallow android) . So please, add some option to stop sensors... please!

Reactions: jamiedg

jamiedg

Jun 11, 2010
Many thanks for this great app, I can load apps in split screen but have no touch?
I can drag and triple touch to magnify but no single touch on any app.
Using miui8 with arm64 in root mode, if i try xposed mode i just get black screen.
Root mode is nearly working, any help or advice appreciated.

enderffx

Sep 16, 2011
Hi guys,
i also wanted to use app2vr to fly a drone with my Huawei P20 Pro (8.1).
I installed Xposed with the Magisk Manager and "XposedInstaller" says xposed is active.
However when launching app2vr ist complains about xposed disabled and offers root mode (i can choose that and accept root access but it still doe not seem to work, when i tap an app the phone reboots).

Any idea whats happening & why app2vr does not "see" my Xposed ?

Greetings,

Ender

ShadowEO

Mar 15, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
I'd love to know if there's an intent or broadcast I can use to start an app in VR mode with app2vr. It works great on 7.1.2, but I'd absolutely love if I could turn this old handset and cardboard unit into a standalone HMD and App2vr looks like it's the best option.

As I said, looks great, would just like to know if I can use something, like Tasker or a script, to start an app in VR mode when the phone starts.

Kirss1993

Sep 20, 2019
Hey, i just root my razer phone today and try to use this app. And it keep crashing when i open it. Is there any phone model doesn't support it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Summary && Detail:
    1, you can convert the application to VR mode to watch and operate.
    2, support the Bluetooth handle.
    3, VR mode to support the up and down volume keys to control the screen size.
    4, support touch screen operation, touch screen area from the upper left corner of the physical screen to start mapping
    5, there may be some BUG, disable module can be restored
    ScreenShot && Download:
    http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.app360.app360
    YOUTUBE:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyROy_zLaQA
    Major update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    detail:
    Support global VR mode in landscape for all of android apps.
    This function is tested on Android 5.1 and Android 6, Android5.0 has not yet tested.
    This function is strong enough for having no friends
    using:
    open settings app,find Accessibility,switch on Magnification gestrues.when play apps in landscape,triple tapping the screen,then you will in VR mode.
    notice:
    miui should allow system alert window
    if not work,please check auto run and record screen permission
    any suggesting can email to [email protected]
    Wow is this real ?! I always wanted to do that
    I'm testing it on a nexus 6. I'll report bug with logs if needed
    thank you !!!!

BUG
    Well it's not working on nexus 6 for me. It shows a dark screen when launching an app through app2vr interface.
    Logs attached

also why so many files comes on /sdcard after instalation?? It looks like malicious app...

Hi,thank you very much,because my application supports xposed mode and normal root mode, so i need to release the GoogleDoor and Lib files in sdcard for injection into the system_server process to complete the functional patch, the program does not contain malicious code, you can decompile to confirm, according to your feedback Log, I modified the program, the current xposed mode does not need to click to install, activate the module can be used after the restart, this is the beta version, does not support all types of app to be converted into vr mode,the current upgrade to the 19 version,this version had repaired your feedback.
    app is really available

app is really available, but in the early stages of development, I will be the fastest speed to solve the problem.
    Hi, thanks for the app :)

U mentioned about root mode. Any case this works with nougat in root mod I'm just asking
    :)
    Today, I experimented with Android N, I found that when I injected into the system_server, android :: AndroidRuntime :: getJavaVM () often return null ,so i can not load the function code in DemonInject.apk with jni_env , i am looking for solution..
    APP2VR now can run on nougat when selinux disabled.
    After “put your device into cardboard“ just a black screen with the settings symbol, but not clickable + difficulties exiting the app.

InFocus M808 modded Stock 6.0