• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP][XPOSED] GoSMS Xposed module extended features

Search This thread

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
Is it just me or did the update remove a ton of features which go SMS the best, or can I just not find them?

For instance, what happened to the floating notification for a new SMS which upon clicking would open the popup window, now stupid popup window rudely displays when you receive a text. Also, no option to disable the screen from coming on when receiving a text.. seriously someone tell me I'm not able to find these settings and that they honestly didn't completely remove them..

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Ninolina

Dec 1, 2009
Beograd
Is it just me or did the update remove a ton of features which go SMS the best, or can I just not find them?

For instance, what happened to the floating notification for a new SMS which upon clicking would open the popup window, now stupid popup window rudely displays when you receive a text. Also, no option to disable the screen from coming on when receiving a text.. seriously someone tell me I'm not able to find these settings and that they honestly didn't completely remove them..

Yes, they actually did remove all that. There are many complains already on Play Store. I will stay on last 5.x version. They ruin everything with latest 6.0 update.

LuigiBull23

Jan 22, 2013
Holyoke

I've downgraded all the way back to 5.37 just to get all these amazing features back, including individual customization (notification, signature, ect..). I find it really stupid that they would remove all the features that made the app unique and separated it from the rest...

Last edited:

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
Yes, they actually did remove all that. There are many complains already on Play Store. I will stay on last 5.x version. They ruin everything with latest 6.0 update.

I've downgraded all the way back to 5.37 just to get all these amazing features back, including individual customization (notification, signature, ect..). I find it really stupid that they would remove all the features that made the app unique and separated it from the rest...

Yeah same here. Titanium backup had my older versions on. The newer one was a bit faster to use. I could prolly re-add the features via my xposed module but i'm not gonna do that until the next update to see if they bring them back. I seriously do not understand why developer companies do this. I really don't understand.

Reactions: Ninolina

LuigiBull23

Jan 22, 2013
Holyoke
Yeah same here. Titanium backup had my older versions on. The newer one was a bit faster to use. I could prolly re-add the features via my xposed module but i'm not gonna do that until the next update to see if they bring them back. I seriously do not understand why developer companies do this. I really don't understand.

I hate to break it to you bro but I highly doubt that's gonna happen. According to some loyal users of this app, the Go Dev team have not been responding well to feature requests and the last thing I think they'd do is re-add the plethora of features they had removed. I don't think it's a major priority for them at this time. Besides, if they were to re-add them it would likely take place over the course of future updates until they get it back to where it was or at least close to it. If that were the case it would probably be intermittent anyways so getting these features back would take a millennium..

But out of respect for you I will wait and see how the next update goes, though adding all those great features via your Xposed module would really not be a bad idea. At least they'd be optional for users that do or don't want them and wouldn't have to be concerned with downgrading.

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
I hate to break it to you bro but I highly doubt that's gonna happen. According to some loyal users of this app, the Go Dev team have not been responding well to feature requests and the last thing I think they'd do is re-add the plethora of features they had removed. I don't think it's a major priority for them at this time. Besides, if they were to re-add them it would likely take place over the course of future updates until they get it back to where it was or at least close to it. If that were the case it would probably be intermittent anyways so getting these features back would take a millennium..

But out of respect for you I will wait and see how the next update goes, though adding all those great features via your Xposed module would really not be a bad idea. At least they'd be optional for users that do or don't want them and wouldn't have to be concerned with downgrading.

Yeah had that feeling lol.

I personally know the two main features I loved were the conversation pop up heads allowing you to open up the message without leaving an app or drag the notification down. And not having the screen come on when you receive a message.

Are there any other features you guys want back?

LuigiBull23

Jan 22, 2013
Holyoke
Yeah had that feeling lol.

I personally know the two main features I loved were the conversation pop up heads allowing you to open up the message without leaving an app or drag the notification down. And not having the screen come on when you receive a message.

Are there any other features you guys want back?

Add back individual customization (e.g. notifications, signatures) and I'll love you forever!

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
Add back individual customization (e.g. notifications, signatures) and I'll love you forever!

What? You don't already? :p

I think it does have individual notifications. When you're in a chat there should be a three dot menu button in the upper right hand corner. I saw that in the latest version when trying to find other settings. Unless it's not what I'm thinking of.

LuigiBull23

Jan 22, 2013
Holyoke
What? You don't already? :p

I think it does have individual notifications. When you're in a chat there should be a three dot menu button in the upper right hand corner. I saw that in the latest version when trying to find other settings. Unless it's not what I'm thinking of.

Yup, you're right. Must've missed it somehow but unless I'm just that blind I still no longer see an option for individual signatures. Not a big deal though.

Thanks for pointing out the individual notifications. Sorry about that one man.

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
Yup, you're right. Must've missed it somehow but unless I'm just that blind I still no longer see an option for individual signatures. Not a big deal though.

Thanks for pointing out the individual notifications. Sorry about that one man.

Hey don't apologize dude! I was just making sure I wasn't loosing it and seeing things that didn't exist xD

I could prolly add back the individual signatures. Thats actually a pretty neat thing. Never used it myself but it would be neat. I'll prolly add it in the menu option like the notification is.

But i'll wait till the next update (or until my new computer comes, whichever happens first) to do the update to the xposed module.

In the mean time, does anyone want the updated xposed module for the latest GoSMS?

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
Hey everyone! Great news! GoSMS actually updated their most recent version to include the features the old version had. Yay! Lol. So I will update the module to support their latest version! :)

Ninolina

Dec 1, 2009
Beograd
Hey everyone! Great news! GoSMS actually updated their most recent version to include the features the old version had. Yay! Lol. So I will update the module to support their latest version! :)

It seems that it's not working with version 6.22. I updated today and it's not working.

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
It seems that it's not working with version 6.22. I updated today and it's not working.
Yeah I know. Stupid "go" company left out a lot of features in their latest release. I'm waiting for my number to be ported to my new phone then I'll figure out what's removed and add some back. I hate and don't get why in the world they removed the features that made them so wonderful. I'm starting to lean towards just writing my own SMS app -.-

Ninolina

Dec 1, 2009
Beograd
Yeah I know. Stupid "go" company left out a lot of features in their latest release. I'm waiting for my number to be ported to my new phone then I'll figure out what's removed and add some back. I hate and don't get why in the world they removed the features that made them so wonderful. I'm starting to lean towards just writing my own SMS app -.-

I agree with you. That's why I stayed on old v5.61 for this long. But it started to make me a problem like it force my phone to do the update because with that old version my phone screen is turning on every 5 minutes. I know that it's a fault of GO SMS v5.61 because if I freeze it the waking of the screen stop and also if I update it the screen act normally. Are you still on an old GO SMS? Do you have similar problem?

Thank you! :)

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
I agree with you. That's why I stayed on old v5.61 for this long. But it started to make me a problem like it force my phone to do the update because with that old version my phone screen is turning on every 5 minutes. I know that it's a fault of GO SMS v5.61 because if I freeze it the waking of the screen stop and also if I update it the screen act normally. Are you still on an old GO SMS? Do you have similar problem?

I'm using the latest right now cause I just got a new phone (still an S5 but on Sprint, I left T-Mobile) and the latest version of Go SMS does not wake the screen when you get a new message. Once I get more time, I am going to figure out GoSMS's notification method and make a pop up notification. Like the old style, where it shows an icon on the screen, then you tap it to view the messages. I really miss that. I am still leaning towards writing my own SMS app just so I can have everything I want. GoSMS just isn't cutting it anymore for me. They are disappointing me.

However, on my T-Mobile S5, I have the very old version that is still compatible with this module. That one I can tolerate. Just annoyed with the constant update message. But, I am not sure if I want to spend the time to update this module, or just write my own SMS app. (Which would probably take a lot more of my time, but at least everything would be how I want it.) Right now though, I just don't have time for either the module or my own app.

Ninolina

Dec 1, 2009
Beograd
I'm using the latest right now cause I just got a new phone (still an S5 but on Sprint, I left T-Mobile) and the latest version of Go SMS does not wake the screen when you get a new message. Once I get more time, I am going to figure out GoSMS's notification method and make a pop up notification. Like the old style, where it shows an icon on the screen, then you tap it to view the messages. I really miss that. I am still leaning towards writing my own SMS app just so I can have everything I want. GoSMS just isn't cutting it anymore for me. They are disappointing me.

However, on my T-Mobile S5, I have the very old version that is still compatible with this module. That one I can tolerate. Just annoyed with the constant update message. But, I am not sure if I want to spend the time to update this module, or just write my own SMS app. (Which would probably take a lot more of my time, but at least everything would be how I want it.) Right now though, I just don't have time for either the module or my own app.

In newer version there is option to show only icon on the screen and when you tap on it you see the message. Didn't you saw that in newest GO SMS?

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
Hmm, I did not see this. Where do I go for those settings? I'm using version number 6.22

Never mind, found it :)

Have to enable the popup chat first, then at the bottom it shows "avatar only" and enabling that did the trick. Thanks so much! :)

Looks like I will just update the module then! :)

Reactions: fLipz

Ninolina

Dec 1, 2009
Beograd
Never mind, found it :)

Have to enable the popup chat first, then at the bottom it shows "avatar only" and enabling that did the trick. Thanks so much! :)

Looks like I will just update the module then! :)

I am glad that you found it. Anyway I am back to v5.61 because I can't live without some of other options that are still not in newest version. I managed to solve the "waking screen" problem - I disabled some Services of GO SMS with an app called "Disable Services" and it's all ok now.

Will your newest update also support old GO SMS version v5.61?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I always would decompile and change the smali code on the latest GoSMS app and recompile and run it. I shared it once on XDA and had to take it down as XDA received a personal request from GoSMS to not host any modified apps on XDA.

So, to make things easier i made an xposed module to do the same things. Now updating the app with these features is a piece of cake. Plus, im technically not hosting a moddified GoSMS apk. Im hosting an Xposed module :) Only downside is yes you must be rooted and have Xposed installed. Where with a modified apk, no root is needed and anyone could use it.

TO INSTALL:
    Download the attached apk to your device
    Install the apk
    Enable the module in Xposed framework
    Reboot

THIS IS COMPATIBLE WITH:

ALL VERSIONS AND FUTURE UPDATES SHOULD BE COMPATIBLE :)

CHANGELOG:

Version 1.0.1:
    - Added option to close main window
    Version 1.0.2:
    - Double click send option will not close main window when "close main window" option is enabled.
    Version 1.0.5
    - Made compatible with all versions of GoSMS (unless major update to GoSMS)

SCREENSHOTS:
    Screenshot_2014-01-27-10-19-13.png
    Will you put your module to the xposed repository ?

Thanks

Once rovo allows new submissions yes I will

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    Also has been added to the Xposed Repo! :)
    Thank you for replay. :) What I meant is that when I go into GoSms only to send an message to a person and not to reply to an received message it will be great that after I send the message I automatically exit app. I assume we understand each other. ;)

Thank you one more time. :)

Ahh yes i do understand you :) I usually use the "reply" button on the Widget to send a new SMS then pick from the recent contacts in the create message window. But, i have added that feature "close main window" to the next release. Will be uploading momentarily :)
    Hi, @elesbb,
    this was working great until the newest update of GoSMS app. Now it's not working at all. :( Can you fix this? :)

Thanks in advance. :) I really love this module. :)

Nevermind it was an easy fix. updated the OP :)