• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP] [Xposed] Phone Number Fix

Search This thread

liamwli

Jan 31, 2011
Ilford, London
Introduction

Occasionally, the phone number meta-data inside your SIM card can be inaccurate, or non-existant. Unfortunately, modern versions of Android don't allow this to be changed...

This app makes use of the Xposed framework to allow the SIM number meta-data to be changed.

Download

This app is available on Google Play (which also includes IAB donation facilities): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.liam_w.phonenumberfix

Or you can download the smaller version (which doesn't include any of the IAB stuff) from the downloads tab above.

XDA:DevDB Information
Phone Number Fix, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
liamwli
Source Code: http://github.com/liamwli/PhoneNumberFixOpen

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.0.3.1
Stable Release Date: 2016-02-16

Created 2016-02-15
Last Updated 2016-02-16

Last edited:

liamwli

Jan 31, 2011
Ilford, London
Thanks for this app, helpful for when you move number to a different carrier!

Or when your network gives you a replacement SIM with no phone number.

Personally, I'm surprised there isn't a way to do this in stock Android. It's a bit annoying...

I just released version 1.0.3 to github and the downloads tab (I'd released it to Google Play earlier last night).

It removes the verification (libphonenumber wasn't playing ball), however it adds a notification on boot if the number was successfully changed.

Reactions: kamilmirza

yanowman

Oct 17, 2014
Silicon Valley
Introduction

Occasionally, the phone number meta-data inside your SIM card can be inaccurate, or non-existant. Unfortunately, modern versions of Android don't allow this to be changed...

This app makes use of the Xposed framework to allow the SIM number meta-data to be changed.

Download

This app is available on Google Play (which also includes IAB donation facilities): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.liam_w.phonenumberfix

Or you can download the smaller version (which doesn't include any of the IAB stuff) from the downloads tab above.

Contributors
liamwli

Version Information

Created 2016-02-15
Last Updated 2016-02-16

Could you give some real world applications to where people would use this? It sounds very interesting but I don't fuly understand it

liamwli

Jan 31, 2011
Ilford, London
Could you give some real world applications to where people would use this? It sounds very interesting but I don't fuly understand it
@yanowman I have three use-cases:

1. A user gets a SIM card from a new provider (or the same provider on a different plan), which comes with a mobile number. This mobile number is embedded into the SIM meta-data. The user then ports their existing number from a previous provider (using a PAC), and the number embedded in the meta-data is incorrect.

This happened to me, and Google Play receipts using the operator billing system were showing the wrong number (when I switched to a contract).

2. A user gets a replacement SIM, or a SIM with no number meta-data. This can happen on MVNO's, where SIM's aren't provisioned at manufacture (such as giffgaff). This can cause either annoyance, as the My phone number part of the SIM status menu shows 'Unknown', or it can cause issues with a small number of apps that wrongly expect a number. (This happened to me when I get a replacement Nano-SIM for my Nexus 6P).

3. A user just wants to be silly and change the number embedded in their SIM, for some unknown reason.

Liam

aidy.lucas

Oct 8, 2014
This could be just what was I was looking for, been having this problem since porting my payg sim card no to a contract sim card really annoying that you can't change your own no in your contacts app

kamilmirza

Dec 4, 2011
OnePlus 6
thank you very much for this mod :)
greatly appreciate it :good:
worked as it should
my case was 2nd as you mentioned earlier :cool:

one suggestion: you should add reboot option after saving the number dialog

RuffBuster

Feb 3, 2012
This worked for me using a sim which I transferred my old number to. Was wondering if I still needed the module installed after changing the number?

liamwli

Jan 31, 2011
Ilford, London
This seems a pretty useful app but what about dual sim phones? Doesn't play well with my op2.

It should change the number of the first SIM. Unfortunately, dual SIM devices are practically non-existent in the UK, so I can't test anything. However, I think the API does have support for it.

worked as it should

That would require root access, so I removed it before release. I might add it back in though.

This worked for me using a sim which I transferred my old number to. Was wondering if I still needed the module installed after changing the number?

Nope, the change is done by the app, but independent of the app. You can remove it once changed :)

Dear,
Thanks for your fantastic app. Perfect!
However I've a dual sim oneplus two. It doesn't work very well.. Is there any way ?

See above about dual SIM devices :)

Liam

It should change the number of the first SIM. Unfortunately, dual SIM devices are practically non-existent in the UK, so I can't test anything. However, I think the API does have support for it.

That would require root access, so I removed it before release. I might add it back in though.

Nope, the change is done by the app, but independent of the app. You can remove it once changed :)

Liam
Thanks for you attention! :)

If you create something for dual-sims, I can test it - because none of my SIMs (both personal and work) have the number on SIM...
I can test if you bring some kind of solution...
Thanks once again!

Reactions: tiliarou

flibbertyjig

Jan 6, 2010
Superb module that works perfectly.

Having imported my previous phone number to my new phone the sim status constantly showed the wrong phone number - the actual number on the sim, & not the imported 1. Not a major problem i agree, but a definite annoyance, especially when installing new apps. This little beauty's sorted that out though.

Now my sim status, & contact status, now show the number i want it to.... & only the number i want it to.

Thank you very much for taking the time to create this module, its very very very much appreciated.

ming86

May 28, 2011
In my own idea it's not a permanent change, since it's xposed related thing.
I think it is a permanent written to SIM Card. I disable the module, reboot phone. The number still there.
Thanks TS wrote the module!
Anyhow, I write a fake number into it, I do not want Apps easily get my phone number from my SIM card.

Last edited:

liamwli

Jan 31, 2011
Ilford, London
Feb 28, 2016
It works on O+2 \o/

Hello,
Just do the operation on each SIM card separately. One card at a time into the machine. Upon restart, the SIM card is updated and the change seems permanent.

It's wonderful ☺
Envoyé avec mon OnePlus Two de Bretagne, France.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introduction

Download

Contributors
    liamwli

Version Information

Created 2016-02-15
    Last Updated 2016-02-16
    @yanowman I have three use-cases:

1. A user gets a SIM card from a new provider (or the same provider on a different plan), which comes with a mobile number. This mobile number is embedded into the SIM meta-data. The user then ports their existing number from a previous provider (using a PAC), and the number embedded in the meta-data is incorrect.

This happened to me, and Google Play receipts using the operator billing system were showing the wrong number (when I switched to a contract).

2. A user gets a replacement SIM, or a SIM with no number meta-data. This can happen on MVNO's, where SIM's aren't provisioned at manufacture (such as giffgaff). This can cause either annoyance, as the My phone number part of the SIM status menu shows 'Unknown', or it can cause issues with a small number of apps that wrongly expect a number. (This happened to me when I get a replacement Nano-SIM for my Nexus 6P).

3. A user just wants to be silly and change the number embedded in their SIM, for some unknown reason.

Liam
    Not working on Xiaomi Mi5 (dual SIM): I enabled just SIM 2 to write number on this, set the number, on reboot it will loop in the states, no SIM > signal > android process crash

Same here with InFocus M808. Any solution for this?

EDIT: ok, I posted,before I read the thread. :)

Placed the sim in slot 1 and everything worked fine. But you should definitely inform about this known issue on the playstore page to prevent bad ratings.

Cheers
    Is this a permanent change (write to SIM card)?
    i.e.: after made the changes, put the SIM card to another phone still work?

Yes, it's permanent :)

In my own idea it's not a permanent change, since it's xposed related thing.

Xposed is used to get access to the private methods that write the value, so it is permanent :)
    This seems a pretty useful app but what about dual sim phones? Doesn't play well with my op2.

worked as it should

Dear,
    Thanks for your fantastic app. Perfect!
    However I've a dual sim oneplus two. It doesn't work very well.. Is there any way ?

Liam