• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[APP][XPOSED] Statusbar Download Progress v4.1.0 [26/05/2020]

Search This thread

Light_Wing

Aug 5, 2019
Uhm, there is an app that doesn't need Xposed at all. Just check the post right before yours, OP spoke about it. You can download it from Play Store.

I want it to be an xposed module because then I (as far as I know) it uses almost no power, as its hooked into the system and just runes when needed...

an overlay would probably be a bit much for me...
I like to have all the apps I don't use, in greenify, greenified... and this works perfectly with any xposed module, as long as I dont use the app UI, the app stays a sleep

Portgas D. Ace

Recognized Contributor
Jun 12, 2014
Bergisches Land
I want it to be an xposed module because then I (as far as I know) it uses almost no power, as its hooked into the system and just runes when needed...

an overlay would probably be a bit much for me...
I like to have all the apps I don't use, in greenify, greenified... and this works perfectly with any xposed module, as long as I dont use the app UI, the app stays a sleep

Well, Xposed version isn't on the horizon anytime soon, I guess. If you are concerned about battery consumption, just try to install the app and test it out. I haven't noticed any significant battery consumption of this app on any of my devices until now.

BTW: the Xposed version is also an overlay, same as the regular app version.

Reactions: C3C076

elswerky

Dec 11, 2015
Realme 2 pro
Android 10 is already supported. Just install the non-Xposed Version from Play Store. Working flawlessly here on my Pixel 3, running Android 10.

I Ask For Xposed Version
i already bought playstore non root version to support developer but i don't use it
when i use it ,,system keeps telling me that this app is draining battery fast
i prefer xposed modules and root tools than non root apps
i hope there will ber support to android Q on xpoded module
as i said i already bought non root version but won't use it for sake of battery
xposed modules use nearly no battery consumption compared to other apps

Portgas D. Ace

Recognized Contributor
Jun 12, 2014
Bergisches Land
I Ask For Xposed Version
i already bought playstore non root version to support developer but i don't use it
when i use it ,,system keeps telling me that this app is draining battery fast
i prefer xposed modules and root tools than non root apps
i hope there will ber support to android Q on xpoded module
as i said i already bought non root version but won't use it for sake of battery
xposed modules use nearly no battery consumption compared to other apps

I get your point that you want an Xposed module. But I don't think that an updated Xposed version will be available anytime soon. Most developers stopped supporting Xposed a long time ago as the original Xposed framework tends to get unreliable with any new Android version (as rovo89 seems to have lost interest in further developing it at all).

I also have yet to see some battery drain of the non-root version on any of my devices, so I can't really relate to this issue at all.

C3C076

Recognized Contributor
Dec 15, 2012
Bratislava
ceco.sk.eu.org
Any plans to get the bar to show above the hole cut out of the newer galaxy phones? Like the s20 ultra

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

If it doesn't show there already then this part of screen (if there even is a screen at that location of display) is unusable.
For display cutout devices I recommend setting top margin for bar to show at the bottom edge of the status bar.

Hopezy

Apr 21, 2020
There is a issue the app works perfectly for the first time after installation after that nothing seems to be working
Mobile - Xiaomi Y2
Android version - pieq

Light_Wing

Aug 5, 2019
If this supposed to work on Android Q, Galaxy S9, Qualcomm (sm-g9600)?
Bcz even the preview doesn't work, other (Ed)exposed modules work, so my set up is fine...

Portgas D. Ace

Recognized Contributor
Jun 12, 2014
Bergisches Land
If this supposed to work on Android Q, Galaxy S9, Qualcomm (sm-g9600)?
Bcz even the preview doesn't work, other (Ed)exposed modules work, so my set up is fine...
Right now, Xposed version doesn't support Android 10 out of the box. But you can download the non-Xposed version from the Play Store (check post #2 for more information). This version works on Android 10.

C3C076

Recognized Contributor
Dec 15, 2012
Bratislava
ceco.sk.eu.org
@C3C076: I really like the new circle style. But it might come in somewhat disturbing in some apps. Would it be possible to set a user-defined position for the circle?
Simply move it with your finger wherever you want it. It will remember its last position.
Also there is a feature planned for the future: double-tap to go low profile.
Low profile could be either making it invisible for current session or switch it to line style for current session.

Portgas D. Ace

Recognized Contributor
Jun 12, 2014
Bergisches Land
Simply move it with your finger wherever you want it. It will remember its last position.
Also there is a feature planned for the future: double-tap to go low profile.
Low profile could be either making it invisible for current session or switch it to line style for current session.

Haven't noticed the possibility to move it :good:

Another option: the circle as a temporary notification icon. But I think this will be too much work, the current circle is good.

Reactions: DE SEXIEST

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Statusbar Download Progress
    Xposed Framework module for showing progress bar directly in status bar for ongoing notifications containing progress bar
    Version v4.1.0

sbdp2.png

Introduction
    Tired of pulling down notification shade every time you want to check progress of ongoing download? This xposed module allows you to have progress of your ongoing download in front of your eyes; saving you from interrupting your current activity every time you want to check for progress.

Features
    - implicitly supports all downloads carried out via Android's standard download manager
    - implicitly supports bluetooth transfers
    - implicitly supports Chrome and Firefox browsers
    - with "God mode" turned on, progress bar will be shown for ANY ongoing notification that contains progress bar (for 3rd party download managers, browsers and other not implicitly supported scenarios)
    - customizable position, margin, thickness, and color of progress bar
    - optional sound notification when transfer is finished or interrupted
    - supports multiple concurrent progress bar notifications

ROM Compatibility
    - All ROMs based on AOSP 4.1+, potentially including custom ROMs
    - Compatibility with a particular custom ROM depends on how intrusive are changes made to the standard system functionality related to status bar and notification handling
    - The same applies to heavily modified OEM ROMs

Reporting bugs
    If you have troubles to get module working on your device/ROM, make sure to:
    - install debug version available in the second post and attach xposed error log after testing with some notification containing progress bar. Xposed error log can be exported from within Xposed Installer app
    - provide fully decompiled SystemUI package

Required permissions
    - Read external storage - required by Ringtone chooser

Source code
    https://github.com/C3C0/Statusbar-Download-Progress

Credits
    @rovo89 for his ultimate Xposed framework

Changelog
    https://github.com/C3C0/Statusbar-Download-Progress/blob/master/CHANGELOG.txt

Download Progress++
    Check out this alternate app which works without Root and Xposed Framework and comes with the following features:
    - custom styles: line or circle with percentage
    - adjustable position and other visual elements
    - parallel downloads supported
    - custom colors and sounds
    - per-app progress bar settings
    - smart detection of apps that generate progress bar notifications
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ceco.sbdp.pro

XDA:DevDB Information
    Statusbar Download Progress - Xposed module, Xposed for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    C3C076
    Xposed Package Name: com.ceco.sbdp

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v4.1.0
    Stable Release Date: 2020-05-26

Created 2014-11-09
    Last Updated 2020-05-26
    Changelog 4.1.0 - 26/05/2020
    - Adjusted for compatibility with Android 10

Changelog 4.0.0 - 11/03/2019
    - Adjusted for compatibility with Android Pie

Changelog 3.6.1 - 23/11/2018
    - Added Turkish translations (thanks to Fatih Firinci)

Changelog 3.6 - 19/01/2018
    - Fixed crash on pre-Nougat devices introduced in v3.5

Changelog 3.5 - 19/01/2018
    - Updated for Android Oreo
    - Added support for devices using File Based Encryption
    --- will cause one-time app settings reset on devices running Android 7+
    Version 4.0.0 available

Changelog 4.0.0 - 11/03/2019
    - Adjusted for compatibility with Android Pie
    Version 3.2 available
    Changelog 3.2 - 09/10/2017
    - Adjusted for Nougat compatibility
    Module will be updated to support Nougat but I can't give you any info about ETA at this moment. Stay tuned.