[APP][Xposed] Ussd blocker - Stop prepaid balance update popups

veagles

Nov 13, 2010
** This app will only work on ROOTED Stock Android 4.1+ or AOSP ROMS **
** Xposed framework is required http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1574401 **

Ussd blocker will block the annoying USSD balance update popups that come up on your phone, each time you make a call or change data connectivity. This app is like a silent inbox for all your USSD popup messages.

Two main reasons to use this app:
- No usage popups especially when you don't have the time to read them, e.g after ending a call or unlocking your phone.
- USSD messages are lost once you dismiss them. So, if you are on a prepaid connection and want to know when and how you lost your balance, you can get it from your history of usage update messages in this app.

Installation:
- If you are rooted, install Xposed framework from here http://dl.xposed.info/latest.apk and reboot your device.
- After installing the app, enable the Ussd Blocker Xposed module and reboot

Play store link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.voidvapps.ussdblocker

Last edited:

arana1

Oct 27, 2011
Sir Veagles, i would be happy to donate to you for this, you have a paypal link?

i receive an error when enabling the module, unfortunnately ussdblocker stoped working, with options to report and ok

using altest xposed in aokp jb mr1, 4.2.2

Last edited:

veagles

Nov 13, 2010
Sir Veagles, i would be happy to donate to you for this, you have a paypal link?

i receive an error when enabling the module, unfortunnately ussdblocker stoped working, with options to report and ok

using altest xposed in aokp jb mr1, 4.2.2
Report it, I have tested the app on nexus 4. What phone are you on?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

arana1

Oct 27, 2011
Report it, I have tested the app on nexus 4. What phone are you on?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
droid bionic (targa) i have tried hitting report but it apparently oes nothing (or it does it without any notice but popup stays after hitting report)
maybe some files missing from aokp, will try with CM kk(i think it should work or is it only for 4.2-4.3?)

veagles

Nov 13, 2010
droid bionic (targa) i have tried hitting report but it apparently oes nothing (or it does it without any notice but popup stays after hitting report)
maybe some files missing from aokp, will try with CM kk(i think it should work or is it only for 4.2-4.3?)
I am on kitkat 4.4.2, it should work on any AOSP 4.1+ ROM.

White_Ghost

Jul 6, 2013
Not Working!! (UI Force Closes)

This is really a nice concept for a module and I would like to thank you for your efforts. But there seems to be a problem as when I installed this module on my "SONY Xperia U with a stock based ROM" the module just force closes. The UI does not opens up.Kindly look into the matter and try to resolve it for me.
Also I would like to request a feature, an option to select which USSD messages to block. For example most people don't mind the after call notification.

Thank you.

Reactions: veagles

veagles

Nov 13, 2010
This is really a nice concept for a module and I would like to thank you for your efforts. But there seems to be a problem as when I installed this module on my "SONY Xperia U with a stock based ROM" the module just force closes. The UI does not opens up.Kindly look into the matter and try to resolve it for me.
Also I would like to request a feature, an option to select which USSD messages to block. For example most people don't mind the after call notification.

Thank you.
Report it, I will try to fix it.

veagles

Nov 13, 2010

Thank you.
Update and try now.

v1.02
- Fixed crash for 4.1 devices

White_Ghost

Jul 6, 2013
Still not functioning.

Update and try now.

v1.02
- Fixed crash for 4.1 devices
Tried the updated version too. The force close issue has been removed. But on 4.1 and lower devices none of the USSD messages are being blocked. I am still getting after call and net change message. Please try to resolve.
Thanks.