[APP][Xposed] Ussd blocker - Stop prepaid balance update popups

Search This thread

sudos

Dec 8, 2012
Thanks for the awesome app! Could you please add an option to convert the ussd messages to notification or toast messages instead of blocking them completely?

Last edited:

maynihc

Oct 21, 2012

This is exactly what I was looking for, and works on my phone - Thanks a lot!
I request you to release the source if possible, it would be greatly appreciated.

anantharam

Apr 6, 2013
Do not Block USSD messages

Please make it open source, a lot of people will appreciate that.

I second that!
Also @veagles can you make that app convert the USSD messages into notifications/toast messages instead of just swallowing them?
I would just like to have a history of USSD messages, I don't necessarily want to block them, I just need to know what call costed how much in my prepaid phone.
Or just please make the app open source, I can republish the app with necessary changes...

wind0zer

Feb 15, 2010
Addon works on Lollipop. I'm using Z3C, stock rom, and xposed for lollipop alpha2.

There's a small issue though - after every reboot I need to start Ussd blocker and turn it OFF and ON again. Otherwise it doesn't block, even though it's ON (after a reboot).

I've attached the cat and xposed log for your infomation.

Attachments

• xposed_error_20150318_102053.log
    1.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 2015-03-18-10-18-21.txt
    249.9 KB · Views: 9

carioca_fan

Mar 29, 2015
Didn't work on HTC One running 4.1.2

Tried USSD Inbox versions 1.0.1, 1.0.2, 1.0.3... all of them ran into the same exception. See attachment.

Attachments

• xposed_debug_20150329_215525.log
    3.1 KB · Views: 22

raviindia

Oct 29, 2014
Delhi
USSD Blocker not working

hello,

sorry to say, but USSD Blocker is not woring on Micromax canvas 2.2 A114.
please check, why

thanks for this application

schluety

Sep 13, 2013
i've been running ussd blocker with xposed for lollipop, but since june 29 11pm eastern the messages are now popping up again but this time they prompt me to Save or Cancel. If i hit save it saved it into Hangouts as if it were a text. I use H20 wireless. anyone else experience this? maybe H20/At&t changed how they send balance updates?

lordbob99

Mar 15, 2011
i've been running ussd blocker with xposed for lollipop, but since june 29 11pm eastern the messages are now popping up again but this time they prompt me to Save or Cancel. If i hit save it saved it into Hangouts as if it were a text. I use H20 wireless. anyone else experience this? maybe H20/At&t changed how they send balance updates?

Same thing happened to me... the automatic messages how show "Cancel or Save" and aren't captured by USSD Inbox". If I dial *777# (I'm on airvoice), that USSD messages are captured by USSD Inbox.

Supposedly the USSD Notification app can handle these prompts, but it didn't work for me when I tried it =(

EDIT: Just found out that these new message are actually Flash SMS messages (not USSD). With this new knowledge, I installed "SMS Filter" by Tsvetan Nachev. Saved one of the popup messages, and added that source number into SMS Filter's block list. No more popup! =D

Last edited:

wind0zer

Feb 15, 2010
Same issue here. However it's working when, after each restart, I goto USSD blocker and disable & then enable...then it works.
Using Z3C stock 5.1.1 w/ xposed v70 by romracer.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ** This app will only work on ROOTED Stock Android 4.1+ or AOSP ROMS **
    ** Xposed framework is required http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1574401 **

Ussd blocker will block the annoying USSD balance update popups that come up on your phone, each time you make a call or change data connectivity. This app is like a silent inbox for all your USSD popup messages.

Two main reasons to use this app:
    - No usage popups especially when you don't have the time to read them, e.g after ending a call or unlocking your phone.
    - USSD messages are lost once you dismiss them. So, if you are on a prepaid connection and want to know when and how you lost your balance, you can get it from your history of usage update messages in this app.

Installation:
    - If you are rooted, install Xposed framework from here http://dl.xposed.info/latest.apk and reboot your device.
    - After installing the app, enable the Ussd Blocker Xposed module and reboot

Play store link:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.voidvapps.ussdblocker
    eZbqul1.png
    LCLxkNK.png
    Please make it open source, a lot of people will appreciate that.
    This is anazing! It is exactly what I've been looking for,for so long.

Would it be possible to add a whitelist based on certain keywords? For example, I'd rather not miss the message that tells me that my prepaid data plan has hit the limit.
    Not Working!! (UI Force Closes)

This is really a nice concept for a module and I would like to thank you for your efforts. But there seems to be a problem as when I installed this module on my "SONY Xperia U with a stock based ROM" the module just force closes. The UI does not opens up.Kindly look into the matter and try to resolve it for me.
    Also I would like to request a feature, an option to select which USSD messages to block. For example most people don't mind the after call notification.

Thank you.