[APP] z4root - root android in one click from an app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

bradleyw801

Jul 20, 2010
Salt Lake City
Full nandroid unlock on Samsung Vibrant! Great work!

For some of you who obtained root on your phone, but still can't do things like remove stock apps, you haven't obtained full root. Only shell root. I think that on the Evo, and a few others, you can get shell root access, but full root requires unrevoked.

mizch

Nov 11, 2010
Samsung Galaxy 3 (i5800): works.

Looped forever when run for the first time, then I rebooted. When I started it for the second time, it worked like a charm. Especially useful for me since my device lacks its recovery mode so other methods didn't work.

Thank you very much!

Last edited:

skruff77

Jan 30, 2009
Nevada
tried it on my samsung fascinate. all i got was running explot in order to otain root access...

i let it sit there for about 2 hours and noting happened. im i doing something wrong????

acquaz10

Oct 21, 2010
Not working on my Droid OG FRG22D. Tried it with Busybox already installed and that also didn't work... I don't know whats wrong? USB debugging is also turned on, its been on from the start.

Nov 11, 2010
I had previously rooted with UniversalAndroot prior to FRG22D, on an Original Droid. This says its done it, but I cannot install busybox from market, says I'm rooted, but not nand? Hope this helps determine whats wrong? I could send logs if it would help.

Mournful

Nov 10, 2010
Well, I'm currently trying this on my huawei ascend, Don't think im going to have any joy here. I sideloaded the app, pressed root, runs rageagainstthecage, applys, and reboots. But busybox reports no root.. /sadpanda

Just-in-time

Nov 4, 2010
Worked great on my R2D2 Droid 2. Didn't install busybox but got superuser and shoot me working so I have root. Only thing left is to figure out how to unroot for later.

Last edited:

idbelike

Nov 12, 2010
Works perfect Samsung Fascinate

Just rooted all 3 of mine and worked perfect i did run into a little problem but figured it out... so to help you all out if it's taking forever to root stop your virus scanner and close all open apps and re-run the program and will work very fast next attempt. well thats what it did for my last 2 devices anyways hope this helps.

1barlog17

Jun 12, 2010
Escondido,CA.
Affraid to root DX!!

So i want do to this but i wanted to make sure, do i need to turn on the usb debugging or turn it off to have full root access on my Droid X?

Mournful

Nov 10, 2010
you need to have usb debugging on when you run the z4root app, either way if you dont have it on it should prompt you and tell you to turn it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Having trouble rooting your phone? This might be just for you!

Credits

z4ziggy
    Sebastian Krahmer's rageagainstthecage

What this does

It is an app you install (currently you must side load it, but it will be on the market once it's had some testing here on XDA), that has a single button that will root your device. Should work on ALL Android devices -- please leave a note if it works or doesn't work on your device.

How safe is this?

Should be 100% safe - nothing on disk is changed besides the root binaries, so if something goes wrong, simply rebooting the device should fix up any and all issues. Let me know if you find any bugs!

z4rootscreenshot.png

Changelog

V1.0.0 : Initial Release
    V1.1.0 : Will now open the application settings page if USB debugging is not enabled.
    Look, people, read what has been said.
    THIS DOES NOT WORK ON A DEVICE RUNNING ANY ANDROID VERSION ABOVE 2.1! NOT 2.2, NOT 4.0...

So no more asking if it works on X device or why doesn't it work on X running Android 2.2, 2.3, 3.x or 4.x
    New version 1.1.0 uploaded with detection for USB debugging not being enabled.
    This looks really cool! But, is it just a shell root? Not a nand unlock?
    Rename zip to apk ;)

Sent from GNex...