[APP] z4root

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

salkhatib

Apr 20, 2011
I am looking for the 4zroot download, where can I find the application? and does it work on htc evo?
thanks for all your help.
sal

freezeburn

Apr 16, 2011
spokane
I finally got Z4 to root mytouch 3g but I had to downgrade from 2.2.1 to 1.6 to get it to root but Rom Manager is telling me I'm not rooted. When I go to Superuser it tells me there is an update for the Su Binary and asks if I want it to update, I click yes and tells me there was an error and can't update so my question is if that's the reason Rom Manager doesn't think I'm rooted? if anyone has a clue of what I'm talking about please let me know.

Reactions: Deeked

djgdroid

Aug 18, 2010
Idaho
Google Pixel 6
Please Help

I hope someone here can help me.
I have a Coby Kyros MID7015 Tablet. I was at http://tipstir.the-talk.net on the thread:
ALTERNATE (NEWBIE-FRIENDLY) GUIDE FOR ROOTING AND GOOGLE MARKET INSTALL ON WINDOWS - NO SPECIAL DRIVERS OR ADB COMMANDS NEEDED

I have posted there but can't get a reply and I'm desperate.

I have been stuck at the Z4mod screen for about 2 hours after clicking 'permanent root'. The working symbol just rolls around clockwise. From what I've read Z4root should only take a couple of minutes.

PLEASE, I don't want to brick my tablet, what do I do?

Powered off and rebooted. The tablet turned on, but not sure if I'm rooted or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deeked

trainstripes

Apr 21, 2011
Good idea for an app...

I would love this app if the startup managers that required root could work inside it. They seem to see the phone as not rooted inside the shell. Yes my usb debugging is enabled. Hope this gets fixed soon.

nullstring2

Apr 21, 2011
z4root is not working for Samsung Intercept Android version 2.2.2 Virgin Mobile.
The app simply says it's running the exploit forever.

Please advise.
Thanks

Reactions: brnbrtn
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Froyo is a bit of a pain to root! Well, this fixes that.

Credits

z4ziggy
    Sebastian Krahmer's rageagainstthecage

What this does

It is an app you install from the market or by side loading, that has a single button that will root your device.

How safe is this?

Should be 100% safe - nothing on disk is changed besides the root binaries, so if something goes wrong, simply rebooting the device should fix up any and all issues. Let me know if you find any bugs!

[size=+1]The new temporary root option works on 99% of available Android devices - no list yet of which specific devices are incompatible with the temporary root option - I am still trying to find out.[/size]

Here is the list so far of known compatible and incompatible devices for the permanent root option. I haven't actually tested these myself - I only have a Galaxy S device - but this list has been created by reports from users.

Compatible with [size=+2]PERMANENT[/size] root option

Samsung Galaxy S (All variants)
    Backflip
    Sony X10
    Xperia Mini
    Droid 2
    Galaxy Tab
    Galaxy I5700
    Galaxy 3 I5800
    Droid X
    Samsung Acclaim
    Cricket Huawei Ascend
    Motorola Cliq
    Huawei 8120
    Hero
    G1
    Optimus T
    Droid 1
    Garmin Asus A50
    Motorola Defy
    LG Ally
    Motorola Flipside
    Motorola Milestone 2
    Dell streak
    X10 Mini Pro
    Smartq v7 android 2.1

Incompatible with [size=+2]PERMANENT[/size] root option

Desire (requires nand unlock)
    Desire HD (requires nand unlock)
    Magic (unknown)
    Evo (requires nand unlock)
    G2 (requires nand unlock)
    Archos 70 (unknown)
    myTouch 3G (unknown)
    Wildfire
    Droid Incredible

z4rootscreenshot.png

Changelog

V1.0.0 : Initial Release
    V1.1.0 : Will now open the application settings page if USB debugging is not enabled.
    V1.2.0 : Unroot support, fix for devices with small max file size such as I5700, binaries in xbin rather than bin
    V1.2.1 : Back to /system/bin for support for some devices. Fix for QVGA devices.
    V1.2.2 : Adverts added (can be permanently disabled with menu option). Hopeful fix for devices such as Moment (Did not work).
    V1.3.0 : Force unroot option, temporary root option.

Market

This application is available directly from the market. Search for 'z4root'

Donations

If this app helps you out, you can donate here:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webs...=PP-DonationsBF:btn_donateCC_LG.gif:NonHosted
    if it works i expect it will be blocked with the next android update as usual
    will test on my girlfriends i5800 as soon as it´s back from service, its there for pin request issue...
    Thanks !!!
    This is great news !!!