Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dehzincwb

Sep 13, 2008
Curitiba
problems with Motorola Spice

Hello!!!

guys, i've try 2 ways to get rooted but no one works.
I try using Universal root v1.6 and in this program appear the error:"No ~~fu~~ goo!

and using the z4root I guess also don't work to cause, I click on Permanet or Temporaly root and appear all messages and after the program close. So I thinks its ok, but I download from market the app AddFree (thats remove all adds on apps) and after "rooted" I download and install, when open the program appear a message saying I dont have permissions or dont rooted my phone. :eek:

somebody can help me to root the spice from motorola?!
Thx.
C ya!

Jordan4804

Dec 12, 2008
Kissimmee, FL
z4root on GarminFone (US Garmin Asus A50)

I have the T-Mobile GarminFone, which is the US version of the Garmin-Asus A50. That phone is in the compatibility list. I just wanna make sure before I go and do anything, if I use this and it doesn't work, will it screw up my phone at all? I need to be 100% sure before I try this. And is it really just a simple click on the root button?

OverLordOfYou

Feb 21, 2011
Ok so I'm a Droid Incredible 2.2 user. I know the permanent root doesn't work but the temporary does. Now the problem .... lately z4 wont work last time it this the only thing that made it work was me doing a factory reset any thoughts. Why?

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA Premium App

mattmenger

Apr 20, 2011
Does NOT work on Samsung Galaxy Gio GT-S5660. But, no damage done that a plain old reboot doesn't fix. If anybody has any ideas, let me know.

alfonsca

Apr 20, 2011
I am trying to download the z4root.1.3.0.apk but my Droid X says that the download is "unsuccessful" because my device does not support it. Please help. I have heard great things about this application. Thanks.

triggerftu

May 12, 2010
Phoenix
I am trying to download the z4root.1.3.0.apk but my Droid X says that the download is "unsuccessful" because my device does not support it. Please help. I have heard great things about this application. Thanks.

Try downloading it with the xda app. That's how I've been doin it for my friends phones.

Sent from my Droid using XDA App

melo92i

Apr 20, 2011
toronto
Htc magic (rogers canada 2.1) rooted in 5 minutes

Thank you so much guys for this clear guide.

I installed z4root on my htc magic from Rogers 2.1 Android and click on root and wait 5 minutes and he said: rebooting but after 10 minutes it didn't reboot therefore i rebooted my htc manually (power off ) and turn it on and was able to use wifi tetehring with my windows xp but not with my Motorola Xoom :eek: even with the Bluetooth option.....snif

So certified for the Magic the rooting via z4root (5 minutes ) thanks to the dev :)

amace04

Oct 12, 2010

Connect your phone to your PC with mass Storage mode enabled, download the file to your PC and copy it over. Then just use "my files" to navigate to the file on your phone and run it.

dimisx1

Apr 20, 2011
Please help!!!!!!
After downloading the z4root from applanet and trying instalation (the instalation did not compleete) there is a message of 'blocked because of virus' at the android explorer and i can't surf to the net please help what to do??
Is the tablet usless now i have no antivirus instaled!!!!!!!

triggerftu

May 12, 2010
Phoenix
Please help!!!!!!
After downloading the z4root from applanet and trying instalation (the instalation did not compleete) there is a message of 'blocked because of virus' at the android explorer and i can't surf to the net please help what to do??
Is the tablet usless now i have no antivirus instaled!!!!!!!

No it isn't useless just means whatever app you used detected the exploit that the app uses to root the device and denied it from being ran. No big deal. Reboot your device and you should be fine.

My only problem with z4root is it's lack of Samsung support. Personally I never go for Samsung but a few friends have and it becomes difficult to root their phones and tablets when nothing ever happends.

Sent from my Mountain Laurel using Tapatalk

vijay.gupta

Jan 28, 2011
Noida
Rooting using z4root is not working on Galaxy GT I5801 with Stock Android 2.2..it is saying Attempting to apply root and nothing else is happening...seems like infinite loop...help please..

aafandia

Apr 9, 2011
rooting froyo 2.2.2 v10f

anyone have some alternative for rooting froyo 2.2.2 v10f??? when z4root take update to be used for 2.2.2 or later?.... help...

Malman100

Mar 24, 2011
Z4root

Hi didn't work on my wxjvb gingerbread I can't fina root for it it was rooted before but bricked the phone full brick but somehow got it back working well on wxjvb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Froyo is a bit of a pain to root! Well, this fixes that.

Credits

z4ziggy
    Sebastian Krahmer's rageagainstthecage

What this does

It is an app you install from the market or by side loading, that has a single button that will root your device.

How safe is this?

Should be 100% safe - nothing on disk is changed besides the root binaries, so if something goes wrong, simply rebooting the device should fix up any and all issues. Let me know if you find any bugs!

[size=+1]The new temporary root option works on 99% of available Android devices - no list yet of which specific devices are incompatible with the temporary root option - I am still trying to find out.[/size]

Here is the list so far of known compatible and incompatible devices for the permanent root option. I haven't actually tested these myself - I only have a Galaxy S device - but this list has been created by reports from users.

Compatible with [size=+2]PERMANENT[/size] root option

Samsung Galaxy S (All variants)
    Backflip
    Sony X10
    Xperia Mini
    Droid 2
    Galaxy Tab
    Galaxy I5700
    Galaxy 3 I5800
    Droid X
    Samsung Acclaim
    Cricket Huawei Ascend
    Motorola Cliq
    Huawei 8120
    Hero
    G1
    Optimus T
    Droid 1
    Garmin Asus A50
    Motorola Defy
    LG Ally
    Motorola Flipside
    Motorola Milestone 2
    Dell streak
    X10 Mini Pro
    Smartq v7 android 2.1

Incompatible with [size=+2]PERMANENT[/size] root option

Desire (requires nand unlock)
    Desire HD (requires nand unlock)
    Magic (unknown)
    Evo (requires nand unlock)
    G2 (requires nand unlock)
    Archos 70 (unknown)
    myTouch 3G (unknown)
    Wildfire
    Droid Incredible

z4rootscreenshot.png

Changelog

V1.0.0 : Initial Release
    V1.1.0 : Will now open the application settings page if USB debugging is not enabled.
    V1.2.0 : Unroot support, fix for devices with small max file size such as I5700, binaries in xbin rather than bin
    V1.2.1 : Back to /system/bin for support for some devices. Fix for QVGA devices.
    V1.2.2 : Adverts added (can be permanently disabled with menu option). Hopeful fix for devices such as Moment (Did not work).
    V1.3.0 : Force unroot option, temporary root option.

Market

This application is available directly from the market. Search for 'z4root'

Donations

If this app helps you out, you can donate here:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webs...=PP-DonationsBF:btn_donateCC_LG.gif:NonHosted
    if it works i expect it will be blocked with the next android update as usual
    will test on my girlfriends i5800 as soon as it´s back from service, its there for pin request issue...
    Thanks !!!
    This is great news !!!