• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

ApplePie Mini CarPlay AI Box

Search This thread

chongman

Nov 9, 2015
You don't seem to understand what licensing and trademarks are all about. Apple doesn't own the printer. You do. That is why it is a bad analogy. Apple however OWNS the CarPlay software and therefore THEY decide how it gets used. CarPlay isn't owned by you. It is owned by Apple and Apple lets you use it... PROVIDED you meet the requirements:

There is more if you wish to read:

The point is however that ApplePie Mini is not CERTIFIED BY APPLE to work with THEIR licensed software... which IN FACT makes it a "hack".

None of that matters (to me anyway). What matters is that Apple tests all their CarPlay updates with licensed machines like Pioneer, JVC, Alpine, etc... to make sure it all works. They do NOT test the CarPlay updates on hacked machines (like the ApplePie).

So... maybe one day they update CarPlay and ApplePie can't work with that update.
Its funny here how you kept leaving out Macbook, macOS = Carplay. If you say the printer is own by me and Applepie mini is also OWNED by me.

If you say macbook and macOS is OWNED by me than I can connect whatever I want to the laptop than we have a different story.

Of course they can update carplay software, like I said before how much trouble car manufacture willing to go through update the software? It's not like an Iphone can be done OTA and force them to update the last IOS. Even Apple force car manufacture update I can still choose not to update.

Last edited:

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
wombleton
Its funny here how you kept leaving out Macbook, macOS = Carplay. If you say the printer is own by me and Applepie mini is also OWNED by me.

If you say macbook and macOS is OWNED by me than I can connect whatever I want to the laptop than we have a different story.

Of course they can update carplay software, like I said before how much trouble car manufacture willing to go through update the software? It's not like an Iphone can be done OTA and force them to update the last IOS. Even Apple force car manufacture update I can still choose not to update.
Give it a break.

Bob_Sanders

Jul 17, 2019
Winnipeg

MacOs does not = carplay.
MacOS is an operating system that will either accept your printer... or it won't. If it doesn't and you have to design a special box to FORCE the printer work then you are in violation of Apple licensing. Applepie is in violation because it IS that special box which has been designed to FORCE CarPlay work on a device that is not licensed for it.

If you don't understand it by now, you won't ever, and I am really tired of wasting my time on this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Its nothing ro do with apple. Only utilizes apple carplay functionality of car stereo to give you a different experience. And this is android based.
    It has everything to do with Apple. There are officially supported third party devices for Apple phones.... and then there are hack jobs which may work for one Apple update and not another. If the device has the official patent marked CarPlay logo then it is supported by Apple. All else is just a hack job which may or may not work from one Apple update to the next.