Applications Safe To Remove P3113 / P5110 / P5113 stock firmware

Search This thread

damian5700

Jun 3, 2011
Rijen
I have made ​​a list of applications I've frozen without causing problems for my tablet.
If you also find applications which are safe to remove (which you actually did test them) from the ROM, post them here and I will add them to the list.
Please post as complete as possible, so with the app name, lost functionality and so on.

Removing apps from your tablet system is at your own risk.

List P3113

Last edited:

scottx .

I remove over 30+ things from most ROM's I flash with Titanium Backup.

I would like to see this list for Stock 7", Stock 10", AOKP on both and CM9 on both. Could make a really useful thread.

Next time I flash mine I'll make a list for AOKP/7".

pinoymutt

Nov 7, 2008
SoCal
I just saw this topic and thought -- exactly what I am looking for, unfortunately the link returns a 404 Not Found Error :(

7drlclk

Jun 6, 2012
umm.. newbie here, how to remove those app? coz i actually can't just simply uninstall them.

miketoasty

Sep 13, 2010
umm.. newbie here, how to remove those app? coz i actually can't just simply uninstall them.

If you go to Settings > Applications > All you can find various apps and disable them, which is basically the same as removing them (They disappear from your device completely except for this screen) but allows you to restore them at any time if they are needed for something.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

MariusOX

Aug 1, 2008
Korgen
I ordered a Tab 2 7.0 (P3113) Yesterday.
And i Downloaded the list so i can edit it. I will update the list with the apps i try removing, as soon as i get the stock rom rooted. I guess I'll have it by saturday =)

What ROM did you try this on? was it the stock one?

Reactions: damian5700

damian5700

Jun 3, 2011
Rijen
And i Downloaded the list so i can edit it. I will update the list with the apps i try removing, as soon as i get the stock rom rooted. I guess I'll have it by saturday =)

Thank you for your coorporation! Yes, the base is stock. Stock P5110.

MariusOX

Aug 1, 2008
Korgen
OK. Then i will only root and try removing apps, before i start flashing.
I might even get it tomorrow, but i can't promise anything yet.
And as I'm new to this whole Odin thingy I must read a bit more about it to get the Tab rooted correctly.
But since i got some experience rooting HTC and Motorola devices I figure it'll be quick work=)

I'll upload the edited .xls when I'm done =)

MariusOX

Aug 1, 2008
Korgen
After going through the list as i was testing apps i realized a few things.
1. The apps that are safe to remove on the P5110 are all safe to remove on the P3113
2. What apps are on the Tab2 differce from country to country.
3. Root uninstaller is not a 100% stable App.

With this i have to say, for P3113 Users, look at the list of the P5110. Because to me, at least, the P3113 list will look exactly the same as the P5110 List. Except for some apps that the P5110 have that i dont have, and the other way around.

I've adde the updated -xls, But tbh it just looks like a copy-paste of the P5110.

damian5700

Jun 3, 2011
Rijen
1. The apps that are safe to remove on the P5110 are all safe to remove on the P3113

With this i have to say, for P3113 Users, look at the list of the P5110. Because to me, at least, the P3113 list will look exactly the same as the P5110 List. Except for some apps that the P5110 have that i dont have, and the other way around.

I've adde the updated -xls, But tbh it just looks like a copy-paste of the P5110.

1. Yes, I thought that as well. I think that the firmware of the various models, don't differ that much because I noticed my wifi device has a lot off apps necessary for phone abilities, thus the base of the stock ROM's are the 3G firmware.
2. I don't know exactly. I immediately noticed in your list a Kindle app that I didn't encounter in my ROM, but I haven't start with a thorough comparison.
My P5110 ROM contains 159 system apps. How many count yours?
3. I recommend Titanium Backup and Rootexplorer for freezing and removing. Those apps do the trick for me.

D'Anklaud

Jul 9, 2012
Thank you guys, i just rooted and debloated-(as per your lists), and my Tab is a Wonder-Tab now :victory:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have made ​​a list of applications I've frozen without causing problems for my tablet.
    If you also find applications which are safe to remove (which you actually did test them) from the ROM, post them here and I will add them to the list.
    Please post as complete as possible, so with the app name, lost functionality and so on.

Removing apps from your tablet system is at your own risk.

List P3113

I'm sorry about that.
    For the time being I have made a solution through Dropbox, so you can click again and download the file.

Thank you. You may hit the thanks button.