• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General Appointment today for unbricking of the UNLOCKED variant.

Search This thread

Jaybone073

Feb 22, 2013
Vidalia, GA.
Well the device is stuck in a fastboot bootloop. I'm about to have an online session to unbrick it. What does the XDA community need from me to assist with future issues?

Dimitrimem

Jan 19, 2018
Honolulu
Well the device is stuck in a fastboot bootloop. I'm about to have an online session to unbrick it. What does the XDA community need from me to assist with future issues?
please save the msmdownload tool and upload it either google drive or one of the services that do so and provide a link .. i had my phone for months and only worked for few hours before it bricked .. if you want i can give my email or send me a message .. i need to fix this thing .. thank you
p.s. after they played with me for 1 1/2 months i decided not to send my phone for repair and chose to wait for msmdownload here .. now i know i made a mistake because it took so long ..

Jaybone073

Feb 22, 2013
Vidalia, GA.
please save the msmdownload tool and upload it either google drive or one of the services that do so and provide a link .. i had my phone for months and only worked for few hours before it bricked .. if you want i can give my email or send me a message .. i need to fix this thing .. thank you
p.s. after they played with me for 1 1/2 months i decided not to send my phone for repair and chose to wait for msmdownload here .. now i know i made a mistake because it took so long ..
I hope they use such a tool. I know one exists for T-Mobile so I'm hoping they use something similar. Fingers crossed. The appointment is in an hour or so from now.

Dimitrimem

Jan 19, 2018
Honolulu
I hope they use such a tool. I know one exists for T-Mobile so I'm hoping they use something similar. Fingers crossed. The appointment is in an hour or so from now.
from what i heard they should've already send you some sort of link to download all the stuff via email before the actual appointment .. i am crossing my fingers here .. hopefully you will get the tool... oh they will ask you if the computer sees the phone .. please say YES even if it doesn't and ask for a remote session because you need the phone for work .. ( i know i sound awful) but that might be the only way to get the tool

Last edited:

Jaybone073

Feb 22, 2013
Vidalia, GA.
I replied to the email yesterday early. The tech should be sending the information over soon. They said it would be between 24 and 48 hours. Hopefully we find out very soon.

Dimitrimem

Jan 19, 2018
Honolulu
I replied to the email yesterday early. The tech should be sending the information over soon. They said it would be between 24 and 48 hours. Hopefully we find out very soon.
that sounds like good news my friend .. thank you for sharing your story and for trying to help .. ❤️
Please insist on the remote session .. btw i filled up a form and waited for the link myself but never sent it .. when i called them back they said they don't have the tool for my phone ( basically not releasing for the unlock variant) .. but that was maybe 4-5 months ago .. hopefully they changed their policy

Last edited:

Jaybone073

Feb 22, 2013
Vidalia, GA.
that sounds like good news my friend .. thank you for sharing your story and for trying to help .. ❤️
Please insist on the remote session .. btw i filled up a form and waited for the link myself but never sent it .. when i called them back they said they don't have the tool for my phone ( basically not releasing for the unlock variant) .. but that was maybe 4-5 months ago .. hopefully they changed their policy
I sure hope so! Right now, I do have fastboot so all is not totally lost and if they don't respond I could probably reinstall TWRP even though it's not fully functional and try to install the stock ROM, but that seems to be quite the task given the limited capabilities of our version of TWRP right now.

UPDATE: I called support and the reason they have not escalated the case is because they needed my receipt for proof of purchase. Scanned and emailed the receipt. On the phone with them now and they will be sending the repair request "tools" to download within the next 24 hours! So another wait period is in store. I'm hitting the refresh button on my mail inbox every 3 minutes!!! THE SECOND I GET THESE FILES I WILL PUT THEM ON ANDROIDFILEHOST!!

Last edited:

Dimitrimem

Jan 19, 2018
Honolulu
I sure hope so! Right now, I do have fastboot so all is not totally lost and if they don't respond I could probably reinstall TWRP even though it's not fully functional and try to install the stock ROM, but that seems to be quite the task given the limited capabilities of our version of TWRP right now.

UPDATE: I called support and the reason they have not escalated the case is because they needed my receipt for proof of purchase. Scanned and emailed the receipt. On the phone with them now and they will be sending the repair request "tools" to download within the next 24 hours! So another wait period is in store. I'm hitting the refresh button on my mail inbox every 3 minutes!!! THE SECOND I GET THESE FILES I WILL PUT THEM ON ANDROIDFILEHOST!!
I love you bro .. ❤️ ..

biff_train

Nov 30, 2021
There's a big chance that they won't give you it. They'll likeky tell you that they don't have the files and will tell you to ship the phone in. (Many have tried to get the unbrick tool but failed because they "don't have the files".)

Jaybone073

Feb 22, 2013
Vidalia, GA.
UPDATE: My frustration had gone from high level to now astronomical! I have called yet, once again, to get this device unbricked. I am now being told the device will be handled via a remote session. They will basically connect to my device via my PC and reflash it.

So this now begs the question:

"What do I need to do on my end to secure the tool? "

Maybe I should sweet talk the technician to let me get my hands on the reflash tool. Or perhaps disconnect the session "prematurely" once I see the device is back to full operation and some remnants of the tools will be left stuck in my PC.

My bet is that the files I will be downloading are nothing more than updated platform tools and the full OTA file.

😡🤬😡🤬

However, they did CONFIRM that it will be done via a remote session which is significantly more progress made than others have had at this point so that leaves me hopeful that the tool is going to be utilized. Maybe I will be the guinea pig...

Last edited:
Reactions: Ethanvio

biff_train

Nov 30, 2021
UPDATE: My frustration had gone from high level to now astronomical! I have called yet, once again, to get this device unbricked. I am now being told the device will be handled via a remote session. They will basically connect to my device via my PC and reflash it.

Maybe I should sweet talk the technician to let me get my hands on the reflash tool. Or perhaps disconnect the session "prematurely" once I see the device is back to full operation and some remnants of the tools will be left stuck in my PC.

My bet is that the files I will be downloading are nothing more than updated platform tools and the full OTA file.

😡🤬😡🤬
nah. You'll be likely to be getting something called msm download tool. (If they even give you it.) Basically it uses qualcomm's edl mode to repair your phone. And you can't really do much to secure the tool, just if they don't give the tool just prob ask them again. (that's how the tmobile msm tool for the n200 was given to someone lol.)

Jaybone073

Feb 22, 2013
Vidalia, GA.
FINALLY got the email with the link to the files I am to download. The email also states that I need WinRAR installed to extract these files. The ROM is also password protected and I'm not about to give that out in the event they change it. I would imagine it is not your standard stock rom. The "driver" is not password protected though.

I took a screenshot of the link to the driver and ROM files. But of course....I'm not going to post these just yet in the event that they are single use files.

Also, I am at work right now and should be done 1230 ish EST and the remote session is scheduled for 3PM. This should give me time to download these files, unzip them, place them on my desktop for the remote session and then copy them directly to a flash drive for later use and download to AFH.

Also, I plan on sweet talking the tech as much as I can to see if I can ask what tools she is using for the session.

BTW:. THIS TOOK CALLS EVERY SINGLE DAY FOR ESCALATIONS FOR 5 DAYS! They realized I wasn't going to give up until I got exactly what I wanted.

EDIT:. The representative also told me the device will be downgraded to Android 10??? I thought the device came with Android 11 out of the box. If this is the case it may be a tool that works from a predecessor. All of this is speculation at this point until the actual session. But noteworthy nonetheless.

Here is the image of the ROM file site. Ran late today at work. And the technician literally emailed me back saying she leaves at 2PM. Ain't that a kick in the head!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211206-093945.jpg
    Screenshot_20211206-093945.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Reactions: Ethanvio and lentm

biff_train

Nov 30, 2021
FINALLY got the email with the link to the files I am to download. The email also states that I need WinRAR installed to extract these files. The ROM is also password protected and I'm not about to give that out in the event they change it. I would imagine it is not your standard stock rom. The "driver" is not password protected though.

I took a screenshot of the link to the driver and ROM files. But of course....I'm not going to post these just yet in the event that they are single use files.

Also, I am at work right now and should be done 1230 ish EST and the remote session is scheduled for 3PM. This should give me time to download these files, unzip them, place them on my desktop for the remote session and then copy them directly to a flash drive for later use and download to AFH.

Also, I plan on sweet talking the tech as much as I can to see if I can ask what tools she is using for the session.

BTW:. THIS TOOK CALLS EVERY SINGLE DAY FOR ESCALATIONS FOR 5 DAYS! They realized I wasn't going to give up until I got exactly what I wanted.

EDIT:. The representative also told me the device will be downgraded to Android 10??? I thought the device came with Android 11 out of the box. If this is the case it may be a tool that works from a predecessor. All of this is speculation at this point until the actual session. But noteworthy nonetheless.

Here is the image of the ROM file site. Ran late today at work. And the technician literally emailed me back saying she leaves at 2PM. Ain't that a kick in the head!
Ok the fact that the device will be downgraded to android 10 makes zero sense. It didn't come with Android 10 in the box, (like you said) which kinda means that the tool might flash a possibly faulty version of oxygen os 10. (Unless if the representative lied about the Android 10 thing.)
Edit: the n100 and the n10 came with Android 10 in the box, so slight chance that the tool is for the two phones mentioned

Jaybone073

Feb 22, 2013
Vidalia, GA.
Ok the fact that the device will be downgraded to android 10 makes zero sense. It didn't come with Android 10 in the box, (like you said) which kinda means that the tool might flash a possibly faulty version of oxygen os 10. (Unless if the representative lied about the Android 10 thing.)
Edit: the n100 and the n10 came with Android 10 in the box, so slight chance that the tool is for the two phones mentioned
UPDATED INFORMATION as of 8:45PM EST 12/6/2021:

The files are being downloaded now as we speak. I will post them to AFH but I am not sure how much good they will do.

File 1: L2+drivers.rar

File 1 is small. 1.88 MB and can easily be downloaded. IT CANNOT be easily extracted though. To extract it requires a password and I have been told this password will be input by the technician during the remote session.

File 2: dre8t_10_O.07_211014.tar.bz2

File 2 is MASSIVE (3.24GB zip) compared to file 1 and also takes FOREVER to download. It is directly from a site called obox. It appears to be an Android 10 base file. It also appears to have a build date of October 14, 2021. The site created the download file October 28, 2021. The remaining time for this file being active is currently 329 Days and 13 hours. You can't even log into the site without a password and that was given to me via email. Since the download is coming from China it is slower than a turtle covered in molasses walking in February! It's been hours now and I have just over half the file.

I have been in direct contact via email with my technician and her name is Agnes. but as you can see the header of the zip for the ROM does indeed appear to be for the N200 but Oxygen 10, wherefore Android 10.

So this begs the questions of:

1.) When the driver is extracted do I quick copy and paste it or move it to a secure location? Or do I just assume that they want to make sure I have the correct OnePlus Drivers to make sure the phone can be recognized by the PC? If that's the case, the file and installing BreeZip (because 7Zip isn't properly working with Windows 11 yet) are both an epic waste of time.

2.) If that links me to their computers, how in the name of all things good and holy am I going to be able to get my hands on this tool?

NEED HELP!!! Tell me my next steps folks because I desperately want to assist our community!

Jaybone073

Feb 22, 2013
Vidalia, GA.
Unfortunately, judging from the filename, this is the MSMDT for the TMo variant. It won't even flash by default. There is a small possibility that the representative modded the package, but I wouldn't count on it.
Well, it definitely appears to be somewhat recent! Holy radioactive Christmas Trees, Batman!!!

I sure hope this works! Downloading to AFH now so if it works, great. If it doesn't, I guess I will be mailing in a phone or taking it back for a replacement to Best Buy. Either way, I'm not going to be sweating it too much. But if this works for the community, I will be very happy to have helped you all out.

The tool for T-Mobile was out in August. This appears to have been modified in October. Pretty confident that it "might" work. However, until I successfully complete the remote session, I will NOT share the link to my AFH for the file in the event it is faulty or I have been misinformed. If they make it worse then so be it, I'll just exchange it as broken at Best Buy and call it a day.

Attachments

• IMG_20211206_220303.jpg
    IMG_20211206_220303.jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 34
Last edited:

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
Well, it definitely appears to be somewhat recent! Holy radioactive Christmas Trees, Batman!!!
Not sure why you're so excited. The filename indicates it's just an updated version (contains OxygenOS version O.07) of the TMo tool, and the modified date show that it was untouched, i.e. strictly TMo and unflashable on unlocked variant.
You need to persuade the representative to pass you something that starts with "Dre9".

Jaybone073

Feb 22, 2013
Vidalia, GA.
Not sure why you're so excited. The filename indicates it's just an updated version (contains OxygenOS version O.07) of the TMo tool, and the modified date show that it was untouched, i.e. strictly TMo and unflashable on unlocked variant.
You need to persuade the representative to pass you something that starts with "Dre9".
I'm not a developer, more like a well informed or advanced user. If they have indeed screwed the pooch here it's going to be on multiple fronts. On every occasion when I've called and emailed OP they have asked for the case number and verified the build I was on, the model, asked for the receipt on multiple occasions and verified the IMEI and model every single time. It's like this dance with them. If the tool hasn't been modded to add unlocked variant support, I would be shocked that they've verified it that many times only to get it wrong and have this be unsuccessful.

As stated earlier... I may very well be a guinea pig for this and one of the first to do this since that.

The plain and simple truth is that we may not know for sure that the update doesn't simply remain the same tool with a line of code added to it to simply add unlocked support.

We simply will not know until the process starts and that will be at 1:25PM EST today.

Please don't take the above statements as me bashing you. I can plainly see by your years here and multiple devices and posts that you're much more informed than I am about this. And I most certainly will ask if there have been modifications to support my specific model before we start. The download count of that updated file was only 13 times when I downloaded the file so it hasn't been widely issued out.

UPDATE: THE TECH CONFIRMED THAT THEY WERE AWARE THAT I HAVE THE UNLOCKED VERSION AND THAT THEY ALSO HAVE SUCCESSFULLY FLASHED UNLOCKED DEVICES BEFORE WITH THIS TOOL. When it was extracted, the tool became MSMV5.19 if that helps. They also logged in via the others in the dropdown box and I can too. I was allowed to keep the tool!!!!

WARNING!!! The technician confirmed that this does work. However, my remote session was UNSUCCESSFUL because the ocdt was a mismatch. Their project number is 20818 and my ocdt number is 2083c. If there was a way to edit that in fastboot or fastbootd or by dumping the file in the update as an image I would seriously flash that and try. I DO NOT RECOMMEND DOING THAT!
The tool could NOT complete the update and it will have to be sent in!
7zip and BreeZip DID NOT WORK - USE WinRar to extract all files and open all files!

Last edited:
Reactions: lentm and Ethanvio

Ethanvio

Aug 18, 2021
I'm not a developer, more like a well informed or advanced user. If they have indeed screwed the pooch here it's going to be on multiple fronts. On every occasion when I've called and emailed OP they have asked for the case number and verified the build I was on, the model, asked for the receipt on multiple occasions and verified the IMEI and model every single time. It's like this dance with them. If the tool hasn't been modded to add unlocked variant support, I would be shocked that they've verified it that many times only to get it wrong and have this be unsuccessful.

As stated earlier... I may very well be a guinea pig for this and one of the first to do this since that.

The plain and simple truth is that we may not know for sure that the update doesn't simply remain the same tool with a line of code added to it to simply add unlocked support.

We simply will not know until the process starts and that will be at 1:25PM EST today.

Please don't take the above statements as me bashing you. I can plainly see by your years here and multiple devices and posts that you're much more informed than I am about this. And I most certainly will ask if there have been modifications to support my specific model before we start. The download count of that updated file was only 13 times when I downloaded the file so it hasn't been widely issued out.

UPDATE: THE TECH CONFIRMED THAT THEY WERE AWARE THAT I HAVE THE UNLOCKED VERSION AND THAT THEY ALSO HAVE SUCCESSFULLY FLASHED UNLOCKED DEVICES BEFORE WITH THIS TOOL. When it was extracted, the tool became MSMV5.19 if that helps. They also logged in via the others in the dropdown box and I can too. I was allowed to keep the tool!!!!

WARNING!!! The technician confirmed that this does work. However, my remote session was UNSUCCESSFUL because the ocdt was a mismatch. Their project number is 20818 and my ocdt number is 2083c. If there was a way to edit that in fastboot or fastbootd or by dumping the file in the update as an image I would seriously flash that and try. I DO NOT RECOMMEND DOING THAT!
7zip and BreeZip DID NOT WORK - USE WinRar to extract all files and open all files!
I guess I'll keep my expectations low since it didn't work for you .. but after download I'll give it a shot

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
So it is exactly as I thought - they just sent you the TMo package.
the ocdt was a mismatch. Their project number is 20818 and my ocdt number is 2083c.
Yes theoretically you can unpack/repack the ops, but you need A TON of partitions from the unlocked variant, and I'm not sure that all of them can be extracted out of a device, and also without a full MSMDT conversion I'm not even sure if you still qualify for OTAs.
This topic will remain fruitless until someone persuades a "dre9" package out of them.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Actually my product name is "holi" Andy.
    Holi is the internal name of Snapdragon 480, and it showing in BL just means the OEM hasn't customized this part of the code. Dre8t/Dre9 and 20818/2083C are the real, reliable identifiers.

😡🤬😡🤬

However, they did CONFIRM that it will be done via a remote session which is significantly more progress made than others have had at this point so that leaves me hopeful that the tool is going to be utilized. Maybe I will be the guinea pig...
    UPDATED INFORMATION as of 8:45PM EST 12/6/2021:

The files are being downloaded now as we speak. I will post them to AFH but I am not sure how much good they will do.

File 1: L2+drivers.rar

File 1 is small. 1.88 MB and can easily be downloaded. IT CANNOT be easily extracted though. To extract it requires a password and I have been told this password will be input by the technician during the remote session.

File 2: dre8t_10_O.07_211014.tar.bz2

File 2 is MASSIVE (3.24GB zip) compared to file 1 and also takes FOREVER to download. It is directly from a site called obox. It appears to be an Android 10 base file. It also appears to have a build date of October 14, 2021. The site created the download file October 28, 2021. The remaining time for this file being active is currently 329 Days and 13 hours. You can't even log into the site without a password and that was given to me via email. Since the download is coming from China it is slower than a turtle covered in molasses walking in February! It's been hours now and I have just over half the file.

I have been in direct contact via email with my technician and her name is Agnes. but as you can see the header of the zip for the ROM does indeed appear to be for the N200 but Oxygen 10, wherefore Android 10.

So this begs the questions of:

1.) When the driver is extracted do I quick copy and paste it or move it to a secure location? Or do I just assume that they want to make sure I have the correct OnePlus Drivers to make sure the phone can be recognized by the PC? If that's the case, the file and installing BreeZip (because 7Zip isn't properly working with Windows 11 yet) are both an epic waste of time.

2.) If that links me to their computers, how in the name of all things good and holy am I going to be able to get my hands on this tool?

NEED HELP!!! Tell me my next steps folks because I desperately want to assist our community!