apps autostarting despite lacking boot_completed

Jirachilover

Jan 18, 2021
I recently moved to rooted android 11 (pixel 4A) from jailbroken iOS so I'm very new to Android.

I've read through googling that disabling RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED permissions will stop the apps from autostarting but whilst this stops a good proportion of apps, a number of apps such as Termux are still getting through. Some apps don't even have RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED but they're still able to start. I have disabled app syncing on my device. I've tried multiple apps such as Task Manager and SD maid and this small proportion of apps are still autostarting.

Does anyone have any clues as to how to fix it?

Jirachilover

Jan 18, 2021
If an app doesn't listen to BOOT_COMPLETED broadcast then it doesn't care about this event.
Hmm, so maybe there's some kind of service running after the boot that starts it? Or some kind of delayed boot? I thought it might have been due to sync reopening apps or something but when I disabled that it still kept showing up. And those apps aren't listed in the Services part of the Developer Services either... :confused:

Jirachilover

Jan 18, 2021
ok I figured it out, my pixel remembers what apps I have open before a reboot and reloads them afterwards. so remove all apps from the memory before rebooting and nothing will be remembered