• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Apps/bloatware removal, wich ones are safe to delete?

Search This thread

simown

Oct 31, 2013
Hello!
I got my z3+ today and so far I'm really happy with it. I installed the GNL (Google Now Launcher) straight away because I just love it, used it on my old Xperia ZR. I want my phone to be as smooth, fast and clean as possible. I uninstalled all apps that could be uninstalled through the app-drawer, and now I'm wondering what apps I can inactivate from the settings->apps menu? Does anyone know what apps are safe to remove? I'm guessing I can inactivate the original mail app and SMS app as I'm using Gmail and Google Messenger instead of those.
Can I inactivate Albums app and use googles app for that aswell? When I did that on my ZR suddenly I couldnt show photos that I took through the camera app (you know the small thumbnail of the photo you just took in the lower right corner), I don't want that to happen again and I don't want any problems of that kind.
Thanks in advance and sorry for my grammar, English is not my main language.

asking

Feb 5, 2012
you can disable, as i think rooting Z3+ is not yet available Follow apps:

Most Battery Drainers are Google extra stuff:
Google play games
Google new stand
Google music
Google Plus(+)
And other back ground which might not affect your daily usage.
Also i prefer using Browser for social networking sites instead of apps, because apps keep on searching updates from your friends and it causes your phone to be dead soon :)

After disabling google extra service my phone had a better life...

simown

Oct 31, 2013
you can disable, as i think rooting Z3+ is not yet available Follow apps:

Most Battery Drainers are Google extra stuff:
Google play games
Google new stand
Google music
Google Plus(+)
And other back ground which might not affect your daily usage.
Also i prefer using Browser for social networking sites instead of apps, because apps keep on searching updates from your friends and it causes your phone to be dead soon :)

After disabling google extra service my phone had a better life...
That's a good idea! I disabled a bunch of apps now and I think I didn't mess anything up so far.

I really really want to disable the album app and use only Google Photos but I got the same issue as this guy: http://forum.xda-developers.com/z3/help/changing-default-album-app-t2921987
I'm guessing there's no fix for that? And now I'm stuck with 2 album apps. Thanks Sony! :(