• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Apps crashing after latest update

Search This thread

humax1

Feb 2, 2012
I have the same problem as well. I contacted Huawei support and they suggested to do a factory reset. I did that and the issue still persists. I believe something is wrong with the latest software update they pushed and they need to fix this ASAP.
NdLdolSoFs9zrzl82

Reactions: lynzoid

sporran66

Sep 27, 2017
Latest Update Issue(s)

after latest update for model MHA-L29C185B186 apps are crashing.any news on this?
I haven't noticed any apps crashing after yesterday's update, but for some reason the controls on my Bluetooth headphones no longer work when the phone is in lockscreen, only working when the music player I use (MX Player Pro) is active onscreen. Anyone else had this issue? BTW I've spent close to 4 hours trying to fix this in every possible area of 'settings' and have searched the forums here but have had no luck!

k4fari

Jan 24, 2017
Haripur
There is no need to worry, just goto settings then goto battery then tap on top right corner of battery settings and turn off " close excessively power instensive apps". THATS IT.
It is enabled by default in the new firmware. So apps are being crashed automatically.
Screenshot is attached
Regards.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170928-044458.png
    Screenshot_20170928-044458.png
    137.2 KB · Views: 5,459
Last edited:

chris12013

Jan 8, 2008
+1. Real Racing crash randomly.

I have downgrade to B190 (without reset) and my game work perfectly again. But now , I realize that app camera and gallery don't work.

peluchote

Sep 27, 2017
There is no need to worry, just goto settings then goto battery then tap on top right corner of battery settings and turn off " close excessively power instensive apps". THATS IT.
It is enabled by default in the new firmware. So apps are being crashed automatically.
Screenshot is attached
Regards.
I've tried what you've written, I've been writing for a few hours and there hasn't been any closure. I think you're right, thank you very much.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Screenshot is attached
    Regards.
    after latest update for model MHA-L29C185B186 apps are crashing.any news on this?
    On MHA-L29C567B190
    I've had apps open then close for no apparent reason.
    Very Random
    I've factory reset but re-loaded the same apps I had before.
    Will try a fresh factory reset and add apps one at a time and see if I can replicate problem
    No updates just the same stock build I've used for the past 2 months since purchasing.

List of apps that either force close or will not open:
    • Friendly (Facebook 3rd party app. However official app does function correctly))
    • Word Streak
    • ProtonMail (will not open. stuck on splash screen
    • Yaata SMS (cannot start new chats)
    • Google Search (on homescreen & app): can input query. hit search and app closes
    • myCricket
    • Pocket
    • Slickdeals
    • SmartNews but CNN functions correctly
    • Twitter
    • Vanguard

Ran Virus check and came out with none
    No rhyme or reason

Screenshot is attached
    Regards.

It's supposed to only close background apps, but it closes foreground ones too.
    I have the same issue after the update, and it's very annoying: apps crashes in the middle of what you're doing, watching, or reading. Nothing seems to fix it
    Yep, annoying closes. I think i'll rebrand to 432...