[APPS] Email, EmailWidget and Samsung IM from Samsung Galaxy S II

Search This thread

Nokia7Vista

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2009
East-Riffa
www.youtube.com
Hi there

I found some apps in the Galaxy S II ROM which was posted few days ago in the Galaxy S II Section

Anyway what I found was the two secret live wallpapers that was posted previously

+

Some apps like the email app that was made for it
and the email widget that also work on the current version of email
and the samsung IM that I can't figure how to get it work

==========================================================

Anyway Here is the email widget:

sc20110427192509.png
sc20110427193718.png

Download: At the attachments

The email app which gave an fc for me,, I think you need gingerbread on your phone to get it work

Download: http://adf.ly/1LfvP

===========================================================

The Samsung IM that just keep saying connecting

sc20110427193748.png

Download: @ttached

To install these apps just move them to /system/app directory

Regards,,,

Attachments

• EmailWidget.apk
    40.1 KB · Views: 1,113
  • SamsungIM.apk
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,071

CrashV5

Oct 23, 2010
Milan
hi! i try with JVB+TW4, no way for email app, fc
seems to work email widget, it show 3 mail headers...not last received..hmmm i check later if it moves :)

but email app is more interesting!! i saw it on GS2 , really better than email on our galaxy, please someone help for making it works!!!!

thanks!!

madphone

Apr 21, 2011
I gues the messenger isn't working because it's a part of social hub premium service, which isn't available in most countries. Bada guys managed to hack it a while ago, so it's running very well there.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

Nokia7Vista

Nov 3, 2009
East-Riffa
www.youtube.com
I gues the messenger isn't working because it's a part of social hub premium service, which isn't available in most countries. Bada guys managed to hack it a while ago, so it's running very well there.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

btw,, do you know what the IM really contains,, does it have a special IM service for samsung products or what?

madphone

Apr 21, 2011
btw,, do you know what the IM really contains,, does it have a special IM service for samsung products or what?
It contains messengers for google talk, yahoo and msn. The messengers are pushed-based, so the battery consumtion is pretty low. Because on bada there is no multitasking they needed this push-service for chatting.
But it's pretty simplistic with basic functionality.
The only thing wich could be interesting is that you can see when your buddies are online after opening your phonebook. they are marked with a green dot. With google talk it's already integrated in galaxy s.

Reactions: Nokia7Vista

DMD9

Oct 20, 2010
Widget works fine with odexed JVB, Email.apk just force closes as it does for others, pity, looks like a nice improvement on the original app :(

Thanks for posting them though, nice to be able to try new stuff :)

CrashV5

Oct 23, 2010
Milan
deodexed rom (ramad).
in short: root explorer, rw, deleted the old application, deleted another app for more space, paste the new one, restart.
nice app.

do the same thing, i got JVB deodex too, but for me email give fc ... maybe i can try again... maybe is TW4 i have installed? or modd framework/lockscreen ..??

EDIT: problem solved! thanks to a good advice from topic gs2 apps, if you got problem with email.apk, go to application and clear data and cache! you have to setup again your account but after all work fine!

bye!

Last edited:
Reactions: ZiCoN and DMD9

DMD9

Oct 20, 2010
do the same thing, i got JVB deodex too, but for me email give fc ... maybe i can try again... maybe is TW4 i have installed? or modd framework/lockscreen ..??

EDIT: problem solved! thanks to a good advice from topic gs2 apps, if you got problem with email.apk, go to application and clear data and cache! you have to setup again your account but after all work fine!

bye!

Hmmm...wonder if odexed/deodexed is a factor here, might give it a try when I get a chance, don't really want to flash my phone again with a deodexed ROM, just got it set up exactly the way I want it. Thanks for the method though guys. If I do try I'll post results :)

explodingboy70

Oct 20, 2010
Southwest Florida
Very nice. Working on Simply Honey 3.2 Vibrant edition. I'll post if anything changes but right now looks real good with no fc.

Very close to the galaxy tab email but black and blue. Perfect.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium App

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there

I found some apps in the Galaxy S II ROM which was posted few days ago in the Galaxy S II Section

Anyway what I found was the two secret live wallpapers that was posted previously

+

Some apps like the email app that was made for it
    and the email widget that also work on the current version of email
    and the samsung IM that I can't figure how to get it work

Anyway Here is the email widget:

sc20110427192509.png
    sc20110427193718.png

Download: At the attachments

The email app which gave an fc for me,, I think you need gingerbread on your phone to get it work

Download: http://adf.ly/1LfvP

===========================================================

The Samsung IM that just keep saying connecting

sc20110427193748.png

Download: @ttached

To install these apps just move them to /system/app directory

Regards,,,
    Email widget doesn't work for me on JVB deodexed with TW4. It shows nothing. only white

This happened to me first when I installed it normally,,
    try to move it to system/app and then open the email app then close it ;)
    deodexed rom (ramad).
    in short: root explorer, rw, deleted the old application, deleted another app for more space, paste the new one, restart.
    nice app.

bye!
    Force quit with the E-mail app, Deodexed 2.3.3 with touchwiz 4
    It contains messengers for google talk, yahoo and msn. The messengers are pushed-based, so the battery consumtion is pretty low. Because on bada there is no multitasking they needed this push-service for chatting.
    But it's pretty simplistic with basic functionality.
    The only thing wich could be interesting is that you can see when your buddies are online after opening your phonebook. they are marked with a green dot. With google talk it's already integrated in galaxy s.