• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Apps for Smartwatches with Mt6572 (zgpax s8, K8, k18, D5 etc)

Search This thread

giol

Sep 28, 2007
This thread is intended for those owning or looking to buy a smartwatch with full Android 4.4 that uses the MTK 6572 SoC.
Those that own such a watch, can post the apps they have success with and only those.
Please dont post questions : e.g. "Does this app work? " or "Can someone try this app?" . These questions can be asked in the respective watch thread. This will allow for users to search this thread and find valid information easily without going through 100 of pages with questions.

I highly recommend that each post will use the following format:
"App(s) Name(s) :
Model of watch :
Screen Shape : round or rectangular
Root required to install app : yes or no
Where to find the app : playstore or link
Type of installation : normal or sideload
recommended App settings DPI : if applicable
App description
Essential : Yes or no (this will be used to determine whether it should be (considered to be )added in the second post of the thread)

giol

Sep 28, 2007
Essential Apps

The apps listed here are considered essential. Users are urged to try them because they will make the watch experience more complete. The post will be updated when required.

Videos of useful apps thanks nto SmartWatchTicks :
http://YouTube.com/smartwatchticks

Sports Apps tested :
Strava - All working
Adidas Train and Run - working but hard to use because of data layout during workout
MapMyfitness - all working
Runkeeper - all working

Sports Sensors :
-BT heart Rate sensors :
-adidas hrm - ok
-Epson Pulsense - ok

GPS :
- You can use and MTK EPO downloader from the store to assist gps lock, follow instructions per app (numerous available- i have tried MTK EPO GPS Fix and Fixer)

Last edited:
Reactions: lottiesdad

giol

Sep 28, 2007
App settings
All mtk 6572 watches
All screen shapes
Requires root
Requires xposed framework
Install through xposed repository
App settings allows you to manipulate DPI,sound,orientation and font per app.
I suggest you try 120 DPI for most apps.
Essential: yes if you want to make apps that are not destined for small screen usable.

Reactions: negriton

Gabrikira

Mar 30, 2010
K8 mini round 1,3" smartwatch mtk6572
No rooted
All OTA updates applied
Apps installed and fully working in round screen:
-whatsapp
-gmail
-google keep
-youtube
-mega
-tasker
-calcu
- google touch search
-google traductor
-navmii
-teamviewer quick support
-chess (from AI Factory

Cheers

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 2 mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: surij and negriton

Titopan

Jan 17, 2016
Tengoun K8 mini y no me da cobertura con la sim y es de vodafone. Se puede hacer algo?

Gabrikira

Mar 30, 2010
Tengoun K8 mini y no me da cobertura con la sim y es de vodafone. Se puede hacer algo?
Has probado con otra sim? Yo lo tengo con la sim de jazztel que coge cobertura de orange y va perfecto, prueba con otra de otra compañia a ver. Saludos

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 2 mediante Tapatalk

ric_rice

Jan 13, 2016
Apps for sync'ing messages, calling through bluetooth without SIM

Hello,

are there any apps for messaging and calling with SIM in the watch, only connected through bluetooth with your phone?

Kind regards,

Pieter

billu

Dec 10, 2007
Can someone confirm the following apps work please.

Mobdro
BBC iplayer
BBC radio player
Tune in radio

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk 4

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

Can someone confirm the following apps work on these watches please.

Mobdro
BBC iplayer
BBC radio player
Tune in radio

I have a Neptune pine and they all work to some extent on it but the watch itself is an eyesore and would like to know these work before buying it.

Thanks in advance.

negriton

Jun 28, 2014
Madrid
K8 mini
Not rooted.

- Waze
- Spotify
- G.Maps
- Swapp
- Google Keyboard
- Google voice
- Touchpal
- Feedly

Work properly!

Enviado desde mi Letv X500 mediante Tapatalk

pancetas

Jan 21, 2016
k8 min

Se me ha salido el cable de la correilla del interior del reloj, puede ser un motivo de la falta de cobertura?
Sabeis de algun lugar donde puedan arreglar esto ?

dc5daft

Nov 12, 2015
Bit of a long shot but I did see someone mention they are using Tasker.

Is anyone having issues getting tasker to run tasks? My profiles seem to be activating but not running the tasks?

oreino75

Jan 31, 2016
conectar gaalxy s6

¿podeis conectarlo al móvil (el mio es un galaxy s6) via bluetooth sin tener puesta la SIM para recibir notificacines?
He probado muchas app y no va ninguna. Empareja pero no hace nada

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

is possible to pair s8 to galaxy s6 via bluetooth and without SIM?
I have checked many app but it does not work.

negriton

Jun 28, 2014
Madrid
¿podeis conectarlo al móvil (el mio es un galaxy s6) via bluetooth sin tener puesta la SIM para recibir notificacines?
He probado muchas app y no va ninguna. Empareja pero no hace nada

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

is possible to pair s8 to galaxy s6 via bluetooth and without SIM?
I have checked many app but it does not work.
You have to allow notifications in Permits Manager

Tienes que dar permisos de notificaciones en algún apartado de tu teléfono que sea de seguridad o permisos.

No obstante te aconsejo SwappLink... (pero busca por Google porq la de la PlayStore hace que no esta activada hace mucho)

Enviado desde mi Letv X500 mediante Tapatalk

oreino75

Jan 31, 2016
ya le he dado los permisos e instalado la app que comentas y no hy manera, no funciona.
¿alguna idea más?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is intended for those owning or looking to buy a smartwatch with full Android 4.4 that uses the MTK 6572 SoC.
    Those that own such a watch, can post the apps they have success with and only those.
    Please dont post questions : e.g. "Does this app work? " or "Can someone try this app?" . These questions can be asked in the respective watch thread. This will allow for users to search this thread and find valid information easily without going through 100 of pages with questions.

I highly recommend that each post will use the following format:
    "App(s) Name(s) :
    Model of watch :
    Screen Shape : round or rectangular
    Root required to install app : yes or no
    Where to find the app : playstore or link
    Type of installation : normal or sideload
    recommended App settings DPI : if applicable
    App description
    Essential : Yes or no (this will be used to determine whether it should be (considered to be )added in the second post of the thread)
    Watch Droid Assistant

Some time ago I bought a smartwatch with Android and I was not satisfied with the applications that I found to handle it, for that reason believes:

Watch Droid Assistant - (Smartwatch version.)
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lumaticsoft.watchdroidassistant

Watch Droid Phone - (Phone version.)
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lumaticsoft.watchdroidphone

Both use bluetooth directly to communicate.
    The applications are under test and may have errors, if so do not stop contacting me I will try to solve them as soon as possible.
    I clarify that the English is not my native language so I passed the application by a translator, for aids in the translation since already they are grateful.

Connect your Android watch to your phone so you can receive notifications of your selected applications, incoming call information, make a call, manage music playback, turn up or down volume, and more.

Notifications:
    After giving permission to manage the notifications of the phone and select the applications you want to control you can respond the same from the watch.
    In the options of the application of the phone you will have the possibility to modify your predefined answers, to eliminate or to add.
    If the notification has the possibility of being answered the button will appear to be able to select one of your predetermined answers or the possibility of doing it by keyboard.

Call
    When you enter a call to your phone the watch shows you the data of the call, with the possibility of rejecting it.
    After setting the fast call buttons, from the watch you can dial the number for a call from your phone in the following ways:
    * Select the configured contact.
    * Dial a number with a keyboard.
    * Select a watch contact and dial the number.

Music:
    In the music option you can:
    * Open the default player on your phone.
    * Skip the theme, pause or play it.
    * Raise or lower the multimedia volume of the phone.
    Been downloading a few apps today. Amazed that street view works on google maps. Absolutely brilliant!

Shazam also works very well, as does Spotify. I downloaded google calendar but it created a duplicate of the stock calendar app so there must be an issue there. I uninstalled it but still have two calendar app icons that both open to the stock verison. Is there anyway to add more of the system features back onto this watch to manage apps or am I missing this in the existing settings.

I will hopefully download more. I see this watch being very beneficial travelling so am hoping to give google translate a try.

To install the Google Calendar you MUST first disable the stock calendar. You need to install the app Settings Search to get to the normal App Manager where you can disable it. Then when you install Google Calendar it will work. Without this step, the Google Calendar is masked by the default one by the same name.

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

The apps listed here are considered essential. Users are urged to try them because they will make the watch experience more complete. The post will be updated when requred.

I've got a whole series of videos on essential or core apps, as well as many others for both the ZGPAX S8 and the No.1 D5 over on YouTube:

http://YouTube.com/smartwatchticks

Two things viewers are constantly asking about, and you help/experience with apps to address these concerns would be greatly appreciated:

1. Making these standalone watches act like tethering watches, particularly to call and talk from the watch using a BT link to a cell phone, read and reply to SMS/MMS messages, read and reply to social media apps (whatsapp, Facebook, twitter, etc.), and antiloss as the Chinese like to call it, to rent/vibrate when BT connection is broken.

2. Fitness apps support, particularly tracking workout info including linking to heart rate monitor data (D5 class watches), pulling in pedometer info, and logged tracking route info from onboard GPS without needing data link (for later upload to phone/computer/cloud when link is reacquired).
    I bought this to replace my cellphone, but it constantly looses connection to my provider, so no go there.
    Can someone tell me what I'd keep this watch?
    I have a pebble time: with it I can respond to texts via voice instantly and perfectly
    I can accept / reject cell phone calls with a press of the button and route them to my BT headset
    I can track sleep / fitness data and send it to misfit
    I can control my music player with music boss so with one tap I can change songs / etc.
    I have one-week plus battery life.

THIS NOT NOT AN ENDORSEMENT of the pebble, I'm just saying that the pebble is one super functional smart watch.

with my NO.1 D5 I can..
    Look at some AMAzing watch-faces.
    Duplicate quite a bit of what my cell phone does, but not so much that I can live without my cell.
    (???)
    Recharge it nightly.

So, what I'm asking is: why would I ditch my pebble time for this?
    I'd seriously like to know, this isn't troll bait. I think it's an amazing piece of tech and if the cell worked properly I'd be in love. Since it doesn't, I'm in absolute indifference. :)

Firstly - my apologies for going off topic here but:

You've been all across these threads now saying the same thing. You are the only person suffering from "cellular drop outs" that cannot be explained.
    If you still have this issue and you have tried stock and custom firmware and your provider is on one of the supported cell base-bands - why don't you RMA the watch?
    Haven't seen anyone with the same issue as you.
    There are some whose provider band is unsupported and they have used a method to get around their problem.
    There are some who have APN issues and there is a work-around for this as well.
    I have 3 of these watches (a D5, a K8 Mini and a K8 round) which I have used in several different countries and with different service providers - all without issue.
    My watch lasts at least a day and a half without charging and I use it as a phone and send texts etc etc...
    I guess I'm wondering why you even bother with it?
    K8 mini round 1,3" smartwatch mtk6572
    No rooted
    All OTA updates applied
    Apps installed and fully working in round screen:
    -whatsapp
    -gmail
    -google keep
    -youtube
    -mega
    -tasker
    -calcu
    - google touch search