• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Apps get killed/refreshed

Search This thread

Ben Ling

Recognized Themer
Nov 2, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
guys, I have an issue here

mine is 6GB ram of 7 Pro

I open only two apps in background, when I switch to another app, the app just refreshed, meaning it was killed, why is that so?

Now I can't multitask because I can barely open few apps and keep it running in background

I'm on latest open beta 1 though

Even when I'm on stable OxygenOS I feel the same issue, anyone ?

Go to settings, developer option and running services

My system shows 3.6GB to around 4GB usage, so much ?

tropical cactus

Jan 18, 2009
Georgetown
guys, I have an issue here

mine is 6GB ram of 7 Pro

I open only two apps in background, when I switch to another app, the app just refreshed, meaning it was killed, why is that so?

Now I can't multitask because I can barely open few apps and keep it running in background

I'm on latest open beta 1 though

Even when I'm on stable OxygenOS I feel the same issue, anyone ?

Go to settings, developer option and running services

My system shows 3.6GB to around 4GB usage, so much ?

Set the apps you want running to don't optimize.

Zocker1304

Feb 15, 2016
Are you on Android Q?
Because there you have to give it some time to adapt to your usage pattern, so that it will make sure your apps are loaded when you usually use them. Worked good for me after a few days.

If you still want to turn off battery optimization:
1. Disable advanced optimization under battery settings.
2. Set your apps to "Don't optimize" in the battery settings.
3. Lock them in the recents menu.

Ben Ling

Recognized Themer
Nov 2, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Set the apps you want running to don't optimize.

hmm does not seem to work

Are you on Android Q?
Because there you have to give it some time to adapt to your usage pattern, so that it will make sure your apps are loaded when you usually use them. Worked good for me after a few days.

If you still want to turn off battery optimization:
1. Disable advanced optimization under battery settings.
2. Set your apps to "Don't optimize" in the battery settings.
3. Lock them in the recents menu.

Yes I am on Android 10 latest Beta. Even when Im on stable Pie, same issue...

App will just get refreshed ,the app actually refreshed, meaning the app didnt go back to home page of the app but it refreshes that page, if I have some typings saved there, it refreshes and will not be saved...

Zocker1304

Feb 15, 2016
hmm does not seem to work

Yes I am on Android 10 latest Beta. Even when Im on stable Pie, same issue...

App will just get refreshed ,the app actually refreshed, meaning the app didnt go back to home page of the app but it refreshes that page, if I have some typings saved there, it refreshes and will not be saved...
Hmmm that's weird, it does that Everytime? Maybe try a clean install and see if the issue persists if you have no other plans.

Ben Ling

Recognized Themer
Nov 2, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hmmm that's weird, it does that Everytime? Maybe try a clean install and see if the issue persists if you have no other plans.

Tried a full factory reset, same issue though, the app won't just keep in background and will be refreshed when I go back to the app I opened, background only few apps like FB Whatsapp IG etc

But I'm sure this is software issue and I wonder if anyone facing such problem ?

Ben Ling

Recognized Themer
Nov 2, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Guys, I think I found the problem that causes this issue

I tried changing resolution from QHD to FHD and now my apps will stay in background. Tested few rounds and indeed QHD res will kill apps easily even few apps only but FHD can maintain many apps in background

But why though ?

Reactions: kriszg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys, I think I found the problem that causes this issue

I tried changing resolution from QHD to FHD and now my apps will stay in background. Tested few rounds and indeed QHD res will kill apps easily even few apps only but FHD can maintain many apps in background

But why though ?