Apps stuck on "Download Pending" in Google Play Store

Search This thread

exala

Jan 8, 2017
I bought a used LG G5 ls992 (Sprint). There was no play store on it but there were play services. So, I installed play store on it and used it for 2 weeks. Then, I had to reset the device and install the play store on it., the play store is not letting me update or download any more apps. All the apps get stuck to download pending. I have tried numerous methods of clearing cache and force stopping play store and play services and whatnot. Restarted and reset my phone again. Nothing works. Sometimes, after clearing cache the app status on play store says "Downloading" but even after 3 hours, it doesn't do anything. And mostly, if I stop that app, the next app in line will go to "Download Pending" again. I don't know what to do now. The play store worked the first time so I am not sure what is the problem here.

The phone is currently running on android 6.0.1. One more thing that I should mention, when I bought the phone, I was told not to update it since it has been unlocked and if I update it to 7.0, the phone will be locked again. So, I didn't update the phone. I checked the phone root status and it says the phone is not rooted.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. :)

Last edited:

Jeremiah_K

Jan 5, 2018
I'm having the same issue with a LG Volt LS 740. I hadn't used it in over a year and it was running stock firmware. Last night I flashed it to Lineage 14.1, Android 7.1.1 with the latest Gapps Stock (Jan 5). Everything seemed to go fine until I went to download apps in the play store. "Download Pending". I cleared cache, data. I reflashed everything, starting over. This time I used an earlier date of Gapps (Dec 18) to see if there was a recent update that was causing a problem. Same result.

I'm going to try searching again tonight.

Like OP said, if anyone knows of any solutions, they would be appreciated. Thanks!

---------- Post added at 06:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 AM ----------

I'm looking at this: https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/help/huawei-honor-note-8-play-store-stuck-t3658127

It does look like a permissions problem for me. When I click an app it flashes the screen for a second, where it would list permissions needed and ask you to press "accept". Then it says "Download Pending".

I just went through all of the apps that came preinstalled with Lineage 14.1/Google Apps, made sure all of the permissions were granted. Cleared cache/data on Google Play Store, rebooted. Same thing :(

JohnMichaelCost

Oct 22, 2017
San Francisco
I bought a used LG G5 ls992 (Sprint). There was no play store on it but there were play services. So, I installed play store on it and used it for 2 weeks. Then, I had to reset the device and install the play store on it., the play store is not letting me update or download any more apps. All the apps get stuck to download pending. I have tried numerous methods of clearing cache and force stopping play store and play services and whatnot. Restarted and reset my phone again. Nothing works. Sometimes, after clearing cache the app status on play store says "Downloading" but even after 3 hours, it doesn't do anything. And mostly, if I stop that app, the next app in line will go to "Download Pending" again. I don't know what to do now. The play store worked the first time so I am not sure what is the problem here.

The phone is currently running on android 6.0.1. One more thing that I should mention, when I bought the phone, I was told not to update it since it has been unlocked and if I update it to 7.0, the phone will be locked again. So, I didn't update the phone. I checked the phone root status and it says the phone is not rooted.

Did you check again the software update on your lg ?

To fix your play store

1.you much check speed of your Internet

2. Uninstall the update the (Play store)

3. Make sure you G account is sync on

4. update the play store

5. Reboot your lg

6. now open the play store and try downloading the app

if doesn't work maybe your g account have chance to lock it

Hopes that helps you.

Reactions: TaylorPaige1974

muppetz

Sep 27, 2015
It seems Google Play updated apk without some internal services active . So , if your phone is rooted you may use one of those apks on the market which you can have acces to every services of all apk are running on the phone . I tried a few those apks and the more effective and reliable was "My Android Tools " .
Install it and go to settings , to "Broadcast Receiver" . This will send you to "Third Party" broadcast receiver instantly . Here scroll to Google Play and click it . If you don't find here , go to system (on right of it) . All red receivers you'll see it's mean they are not active . Activate all red lines of receivers .
That's it . Problem solved .
I must say I tried on 2 different phones all other methods proposed on the net but anything didn't worked .

Reactions: ciorci

Gyro01

Apr 2, 2015
It seems Google Play updated apk without some internal services active . So , if your phone is rooted you may use one of those apks on the market which you can have acces to every services of all apk are running on the phone . I tried a few those apks and the more effective and reliable was "My Android Tools " .
Install it and go to settings , to "Broadcast Receiver" . This will send you to "Third Party" broadcast receiver instantly . Here scroll to Google Play and click it . If you don't find here , go to system (on right of it) . All red receivers you'll see it's mean they are not active . Activate all red lines of receivers .
I must say I tried on 2 different phones all other methods proposed on the net but anything didn't worked .

I disabled all receivers in "My Android Tools", didn't work, any suggestions?

***edit*** I actually ENABLED them. sorry about the typo

Last edited:

muppetz

Sep 27, 2015
I disabled all receivers in "My Android Tools", didn't work, any suggestions?
OMG , where did you read to disable all them ? Don't disable !!!! Activate them !!!
All red receivers are disabled , activate them ! So Google Play will know you are there and and update your apks .

Last edited:

Gyro01

Apr 2, 2015
OMG , where did you read to disable all them ? Don't disable !!!! Activate them !!!
All red receivers are disabled , activate them ! So Google Play will know you are there and and update your apks .

:laugh::laugh: sorry man, I meant to to say that I ENABLED all the disabled receivers.... I DIDN'T disable them, it was a typo
So I did as you said

I can update some apps and download some apps, but many others are stuck on pending, there isn't even any pattern in the type of apps that are downloadable and not, it's weird!

And just to make sure we are on the same page, is this the google page you enabled the receivers in (marked in red) ?

86KTB0o.png

muppetz

Sep 27, 2015
:laugh::laugh: sorry man, I meant to to say that I ENABLED all the disabled receivers.... I DIDN'T disable them, it was a typo
So I did as you said

I can update some apps and download some apps, but many others are stuck on pending, there isn't even any pattern in the type of apps that are downloadable and not, it's weird!

And just to make sure we are on the same page, is this the google page you enabled the receivers in (marked in red) ?

86KTB0o.png
Yeap , it looks OK .
- Now if those things are OK , try other stuffs shown here like : Google Play settings = always update , go to phone settings , apps management and clean Google Play cache , go to permissions and allow all etc etc
- Don't matter it could be a delay/bug of Google servers . Try later or be patient to update all process . It just happened , sometime to "enjoy" those anoying stucks & pendings .
- Further , I can't be able to propose another tips because it depend on what Android you use , original ROM or custom which mean a stock genuine ROM implemented Gapps and so on .... Personally , I can tell in this moment I have pending one app on Google Play on 2 different phones . All apps were updated , smooth but only one can't be installed . That's it , I''ll wait .

Reactions: Gyro01

Gyro01

Apr 2, 2015
Yeap , it looks OK .
- Now if those things are OK , try other stuffs shown here like : Google Play settings = always update , go to phone settings , apps management and clean Google Play cache , go to permissions and allow all etc etc
- Don't matter it could be a delay/bug of Google servers . Try later or be patient to update all process . It just happened , sometime to "enjoy" those anoying stucks & pendings .
- Further , I can't be able to propose another tips because it depend on what Android you use , original ROM or custom which mean a stock genuine ROM implemented Gapps and so on .... Personally , I can tell in this moment I have pending one app on Google Play on 2 different phones . All apps were updated , smooth but only one can't be installed . That's it , I''ll wait .

Yesterday I tried to download the same apps with other phones, and the problem persisted (so it's an external problem probably router/wifi/isp), but now somehow I can download any app, the issue is solved for now.. weird

Reactions: muppetz
Jul 18, 2018
Noida

Hi,
Often Play Store behaves abnormally while updating apps. You are facing one such problem. But, do not worry. I also faced the same issue once and got it resolved. Here is what you have to do:

1. Open Google Play Store and tap the ‘hamburger’ icon on the top left.
2. Open My apps & games and see if there is an app which is still ‘updating’. Hit ‘STOP’ written inside a green box. All the ongoing updates will stop.
3. After that, download the app which you want to. Most probably your download will begin.

In case it doesn’t start updating, there is more to it:

1. Go to settings and tap on apps.
2. Find Google Play Store and tap on it. App info will appear.
3. Tap on Storage and then tap on ‘Clear Data’
That’s it. Update will surely begin.

Reactions: 0merfaruk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Did you check again the software update on your lg ?

To fix your play store

1.you much check speed of your Internet

2. Uninstall the update the (Play store)

3. Make sure you G account is sync on

4. update the play store

5. Reboot your lg

6. now open the play store and try downloading the app

if doesn't work maybe your g account have chance to lock it

Hopes that helps you.
    So I did as you said

86KTB0o.png
    Yeap , it looks OK .
    Yeap , it looks OK .

Yesterday I tried to download the same apps with other phones, and the problem persisted (so it's an external problem probably router/wifi/isp), but now somehow I can download any app, the issue is solved for now.. weird

Hi,
    Often Play Store behaves abnormally while updating apps. You are facing one such problem. But, do not worry. I also faced the same issue once and got it resolved. Here is what you have to do:

1. Open Google Play Store and tap the ‘hamburger’ icon on the top left.
    2. Open My apps & games and see if there is an app which is still ‘updating’. Hit ‘STOP’ written inside a green box. All the ongoing updates will stop.
    3. After that, download the app which you want to. Most probably your download will begin.

In case it doesn’t start updating, there is more to it:

1. Go to settings and tap on apps.
    2. Find Google Play Store and tap on it. App info will appear.
    3. Tap on Storage and then tap on ‘Clear Data’
    That’s it. Update will surely begin.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone