Apps2SD All in one tool[2.3+]: Partition SD card and Move/Link Apps to SD card [ROOT]

Did Apps2SD help you?

• Yes

Votes: 444 74.0%
  • No

Votes: 63 10.5%
  • Didn't try

Votes: 93 15.5%

• Total voters
Search This thread

lifelearner

Jun 2, 2018
Error: Unable to bind folder

Hi I am able to link apps using app2sd. However, apps default data folder is not automatically linked, eg whatsapp image folder. I tried the folder mount to sdext2 folder or sd card. Both failed saying unable to bind. I am also not able to find any log file. Is there anything that I can do to link my internal folder to external card or the sdext2 (ext4) folder?

vickybonick

May 30, 2015
Error: Unable to bind folder

Hi I am able to link apps using app2sd. However, apps default data folder is not automatically linked, eg whatsapp image folder. I tried the folder mount to sdext2 folder or sd card. Both failed saying unable to bind. I am also not able to find any log file. Is there anything that I can do to link my internal folder to external card or the sdext2 (ext4) folder?

What are the source and destination folders used in the pair?

lifelearner

Jun 2, 2018
What are the source and destination folders used in the pair?

Sorry, don't really get what you mean by what they are used. I was trying out before doing on actual data. So I just created a new folder "test":
/storage/sdcard0/test
And tried to bind to sdext2:
/data/sdext2/test

I googled somewhere that say maybe folder permission issue. So I tried binding in the same internal folder:
/storage/sdcard0/test1
This also doesn't work.

My phone is rooted. OS is kitkat 4.4.4. Is this version an issue?

Thanks

vickybonick

May 30, 2015
Sorry, don't really get what you mean by what they are used. I was trying out before doing on actual data. So I just created a new folder "test":
/storage/sdcard0/test
And tried to bind to sdext2:
/data/sdext2/test

I googled somewhere that say maybe folder permission issue. So I tried binding in the same internal folder:
/storage/sdcard0/test1
This also doesn't work.

My phone is rooted. OS is kitkat 4.4.4. Is this version an issue?

Thanks
Check the error report for any logs (It's an option in Apps2SD)

SpideyBR

Apr 24, 2015
I had trouble updating apps backed up and restored or just moved to my micro SD card using Titanium Backup. I've even bought the full version after reading it's the definitive app backup tool on Android, but now I'm a little disappointed. After wiping and reflashing my phone several times over the last few days, I ended up ignoring the backup and just reinstalling the apps from the Google Play library, spending the time reconfiguring everything again.

Anyway, did anybody have the problems with App2SD breaking app auto update on Google Play? I was getting the dreaded 963 error.

lifelearner

Jun 2, 2018
Check the error report for any logs (It's an option in Apps2SD)

Managed to find the error report and learn how to read it. It's a directory issue and corrected it. It's working now, but linking to sdext2 folder had given me a shock, the whole of the internal storage becomes unavailable after that. Don't know why, but the system reports access denied to internal storage.

Had now link everything to external sd card to play safe. But correctly the folder mount interface becomes very very slow. Not too sure why. Hopefully everything will be fine. Had started linking actual data file now.

Thanks

vickybonick

May 30, 2015
Managed to find the error report and learn how to read it. It's a directory issue and corrected it. It's working now, but linking to sdext2 folder had given me a shock, the whole of the internal storage becomes unavailable after that. Don't know why, but the system reports access denied to internal storage.

Had now link everything to external sd card to play safe. But correctly the folder mount interface becomes very very slow. Not too sure why. Hopefully everything will be fine. Had started linking actual data file now.

Thanks

Linking should not be used for folders on fat partitions or emulated file systems, always use bind

vickybonick

May 30, 2015
I had trouble updating apps backed up and restored or just moved to my micro SD card using Titanium Backup. I've even bought the full version after reading it's the definitive app backup tool on Android, but now I'm a little disappointed. After wiping and reflashing my phone several times over the last few days, I ended up ignoring the backup and just reinstalling the apps from the Google Play library, spending the time reconfiguring everything again.

Anyway, did anybody have the problems with App2SD breaking app auto update on Google Play? I was getting the dreaded 963 error.
Use Apps2SD backup restore tool for app backup and use Broken app cleaner to delete leftover files which would resolve most of the play store errors

Reactions: SpideyBR

Infy_AsiX

Feb 13, 2012
Brisbane
ran into a major issue with Apps2sd. I'd been using it Pro updated on a newer phone ok, been recently using the Tasker intent to mount all folders after booting as the auto folder mount still seemed intermittent the last version I tried. On this phone I hadn't been using a second partition for linking.

Just a couple of days ago I had to send that new phone away for repairs and returned to using my old phone. Everything seemed ok until I updated the old version 13.3 to 14.3 and did the same folder mount after boot using Tasker (unsure if that's part of the fault just something I did). Then my second partition would never mount and after a quick search and FAQ check I followed the instructions of repartitioning and fixing 2nd partition permissions. After finishing the long backup, partition and restore, the same issue exists where 2nd partition won't mount, so I reverted to v13.3 and it mounts ok again. Is there some known issue in the later versions I should avoid? I can probably narrow down the issue now I know I can just change the app version to test rather than taking forever trying to fix the partition. Only just figured this out... need to relink all those apps and configs again...

vickybonick

May 30, 2015
ran into a major issue with Apps2sd. I'd been using it Pro updated on a newer phone ok, been recently using the Tasker intent to mount all folders after booting as the auto folder mount still seemed intermittent the last version I tried. On this phone I hadn't been using a second partition for linking.

Just a couple of days ago I had to send that new phone away for repairs and returned to using my old phone. Everything seemed ok until I updated the old version 13.3 to 14.3 and did the same folder mount after boot using Tasker (unsure if that's part of the fault just something I did). Then my second partition would never mount and after a quick search and FAQ check I followed the instructions of repartitioning and fixing 2nd partition permissions. After finishing the long backup, partition and restore, the same issue exists where 2nd partition won't mount, so I reverted to v13.3 and it mounts ok again. Is there some known issue in the later versions I should avoid? I can probably narrow down the issue now I know I can just change the app version to test rather than taking forever trying to fix the partition. Only just figured this out... need to relink all those apps and configs again...

What is the error in v14.3?

Infy_AsiX

Feb 13, 2012
Brisbane
I think I've narrowed down my issue a little. After updating Apps2SD back up again it still works mounting fine. I realise now when I downgraded versions I used a Titanium data restore which removed the only new folder mount I created for Spotify, that seems likely part of the reason for the issue. I've realised I don't need to mount Spotify anyway as it seems to default to external on my ROM setup anyway. I'm also not using the mount all folder intent again yet as self mounting seems ok so far. So everything seems ok for now. Strangely though I did run into the issue one more time when I was trying to choose the storage location that Spotify uses in its settings, for some reason Spotify has several of the same locations listed and ticked a few times. After trying to click those one time and restarting the issue reoccurred, which leads me to think there's some issue with external mounts on my ROM that can be triggered by Spotify's location for some reason. So I just restored a nandroid and just leave Spotify location untouched and hopefully everything remains fine.

Sanish Patil

Feb 16, 2018
Virar
Repair SD card is not working. So made Apps2SD system app using terminal app systemizer magisk module still it gives this error.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-06-08-13-49-22-510_in.co.pricealert.apps2sd.pro.png
    Screenshot_2018-06-08-13-49-22-510_in.co.pricealert.apps2sd.pro.png
    63.4 KB · Views: 74

JudgeDread11

Aug 17, 2014
Ao Nang, Krabi
Hi Vicky, I have been using your app now for while and everything works great.

I do have some feature suggestions I would like to ask you to consider.
1. A easier way to check the space of the second partition. (I now go to the link an app menu to see the space available)
2. A pop up or toast message saying if and how much space has been cleaned when a clean up of the second partition is done (I now check the size veggie and and after the cleanup)
3. Automatic restore home screen shortcuts after re-linking apps, if possible.

All of these are just suggestions I think might improve your already awesome app.

Thank you for your time :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

This is my first post in XDA but I've been a regular reader as a guest. I've developed an app(Apps2SD) to move/link apps from internal storage to external SD card with lots of other cool features.

Apps2SD has evolved from being an app which moves app data to sd card to an all in one app with many cool features.

Translation project http://os3pxnq.oneskyapp.com/collaboration/project/54276

Apps2SD Translation Thread

Tutorials @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4q5HAHJblI&index=1&list=PLiRFJHKSKUX_q0hsN0oHn4iXGoloJku5s

Prerequisites:
    • Device needs to be rooted
    • Root permission should be granted to Apps2SD
    • 2 partitions on external SD card (use Apps2SD partition tool to create 2nd partition). 1st partition should be FAT/exFat partition, this is your standard SD card storage. The second partition is used as the internal storage for linked application files and can be ext2, ext3, ext4 or f2fs.
    Version 12.2 released in play store and attached in OP

Changelog:

• Updated translations
    • Fixed Partial link issue on app install/update
    • Fixed obb/ext data linking issue
    • Added sd card support for Swap files
    • Added option to disable Apps2SD service
    • Added option to delete broken symlinks
    • Added revert SDFix option
    • Added full magisk support
    • Added custom su.d path support
    • Added display size in Folder mount
    • Added background copy/move in Folder mount [Pro]
    • Added search option in App analyzer [Pro]
    • Added link type sort
    • Other bug fixes and performance improvements
    Version 12.0 released in play store and attached in OP

Changelog:

• Added App analyzer to create Folder mount pairs [Pro]
    • Added option to create hibernate shortcut [Pro]
    • Added app selection in restore apps [Pro]
    • Added option to link apps above a certain size [Pro]
    • Fixed SDFix for Marshmallow and Nougat
    • Performance improvement upto 10 times in creating backup and restore
    • Fixed many partition tool issues
    • Fixed bug in Hide apps
    • Fixed app crash in LineageOS
    • Added confirmation before moving files in Folder mount
    • Added support for Magisk interface
    • Improved mount script
    • Added wake lock option
    • Fixed bug in broken app cleaner
    • Made sdcard path dynamic in Folder mount
    • Many other bug fixes and erformance improvements
    First of all I'd like to thank all of you for the continuous support you've given me. After evaluating all the Pros and Cons I have decided not to continue development and support for the the app. I know many of you will be disappointed but trust me it was a very tough decision for me. I have spent countless hours on research, development and testing the app and I'll always be proud of it.

PS: I'll be releasing the final build for free version (with pro features) tonight on play store, hopefully they don't suspend the free version as well.

Update: The apk is updated in play store and attached in the first post
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone