Apps2SD All in one tool[2.3+]: Partition SD card and Move/Link Apps to SD card [ROOT]

Did Apps2SD help you?

• Yes

Votes: 462 74.6%
  • No

Votes: 63 10.2%
  • Didn't try

Votes: 94 15.2%

• Total voters
Search This thread

koyo

Nov 12, 2015
Redmi 9
I'm trying to re-partition and repair my 2nd partition and I can't because the partition is in use. How do I unmount the 2nd partition? I've already unlinked all of my apps.

Feb 24, 2018
Xiaomi Poco F1
I cannot download or update any app after linking apps to 2nd partition. The download always stuck at 50-60%ish and never finishes. I can only download again after unlinking all apps and then relinking them all again, which of course is a huge waste of time. I have tried
  • reformatting and repartition sd card,
  • deleting and recreating mount script
  • remounting 2nd partition
  • turning off auto link
  • using broken app cleaner + cleaning play store cache (as stated in the app's web)
  • delete invalid link and invalid binds,
  • and even reflashing ROM! However it just does not work.

Please help me, I have stayed up the whole night for almost 1 week and could not be able to solve this. Its driving me crazy (Xiaomi POCO F1 with crDroid 7.7 rooted with Magisk v23)

Reactions: Techguy777

Techguy777

I cannot download or update any app after linking apps to 2nd partition. The download always stuck at 50-60%ish and never finishes. I can only download again after unlinking all apps and then relinking them all again, which of course is a huge waste of time. I have tried
  • reformatting and repartition sd card,
  • deleting and recreating mount script
  • remounting 2nd partition
  • turning off auto link
  • using broken app cleaner + cleaning play store cache (as stated in the app's web)
  • delete invalid link and invalid binds,
  • and even reflashing ROM! However it just does not work.

Please help me, I have stayed up the whole night for almost 1 week and could not be able to solve this. Its driving me crazy (Xiaomi POCO F1 with crDroid 7.7 rooted with Magisk v23)
Android 11 is different nothing works on android 11 Ive the same problems. I think it has to do with post fs or something I had it work once and forgot how to do it.

Reactions: knightofzealot

Techguy777

If someday, somehow, you remembered it, can I please ask you to share it with me? Thank you.

Still looking for an answer now
I did it it works to I figured it out.

In link apps go into settings, set su.d/post-fs-data.d/service.d path

This is the path I used copy and paste
/data/adb/post-fs-data.d

Than go into magisk settings mount namespace mode

Set it to global

Than go into apps2sd pro and recreate mount script to advance ext2 or ext 4 whatever it is.

Worked s10 lite android 11 3.1 UI your welcome it took me hours of guessing

Techguy777

Hold on after reboot my app was gone then it wouldn't work so I tried other things

Set su.d path was correct and so was global setting on magisk

I then tried recreate mount space on advanced didn't work again
I then tried to recreate mount mount script on I've su.d on my device I use magisk and ext2 because I have ext 2.

That works on reboot my app reappeared and was usable even though in link apps to SD card category inside links to SD said unable to mount on reboot.

We definitely need an update but it is possible

Reactions: Unreal_Hawkz

Legendary Cryptid

Feb 14, 2017
This app took Link2SD's foundation and built upon it into an all-purpose multitool with Magisk support. Hope that someday, an app that supports Android 10 and above comes our way, but then again it's already been 3 years since development stopped...

AnonVendetta

Apr 29, 2016
Portland, OR
Does Apps2SD even support Android 10+? I'm running Android 11 on my newly bought Galaxy Tab S7+, which i havent rooted yet. I'll get around to it eventually, looking forward to seeing if this works.

Oswald Boelcke

Senior Moderator / Moderator & RC-RT Committees
Staff member
Moderator Announcement

I see that the respective post has already been edited by the author, and I'm very grateful for this. I appreciate to see how our members suppost each other even in terms to keep this forum clean and within the left and right arcs of the forum rules. Thank you all very much indeed. I hope nobody minds that I've now also removed connected post in order to clean this thread. If you mind please feel free to contact me directly.

Therefore the following information just as a reminder:
4pda.ru is not only another phone related website (and absolutely not affiliated with XDA-Developers) but also well known for the distribution of malware and warez. As such, references to 4pda are not welcome and accepted on XDA.

XDA Forum Rules (excerpt):
6. Do not post or request warez.

If a piece of software requires you to pay to use it, then pay for it. We do not accept warez nor do we permit members to request, post, promote or describe ways in which warez, cracks, serial codes or other means of avoiding payment, can be obtained or used. This is a site of developers, i.e. the sort of people who create such software. When you cheat a software developer, you cheat us as a community.

(...)

11. Don’t post with the intention of selling something.
  • Don’t use XDA to advertise your product or service. Proprietors of for-pay products or services, may use XDA to get feedback, provide beta access, or a free version of their product for XDA users and to offer support, but not to post with the intention of selling. This includes promoting sites similar / substantially similar to XDA-Developers.com.
  • Do not post press releases, announcements, links to trial software or commercial services, unless you’re posting an exclusive release for XDA-Developers.com.
  • Encouraging members to participate in forum activities on other phone related sites is prohibited.
  • Off-site downloads are permitted if the site is non-commercial and does not require registration.
  • Off-site downloads from sites requiring registration are NOT encouraged but may be permitted if both of the following conditions are met:
    A) The site belongs to a member of XDA-Developers with at least 1500 posts and 2 years membership, who actively maintains an XDA-Developers support thread(s) / posts, related to the download.
    B) The site is a relatively small, personal website without commercial advertising / links (i.e. not a competitor forum-based site with purposes and aims similar to those of XDA-Developers.com.)

In a nutshell u can follow these steps:

Description of the use of Apps2SD on Xiaomi phones

1. We have a Rooted Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro phone with Magisk installed and custom recovery (for example Orange Fox 10.1) and MIUI 10.3.1.0 firmware Android 9 stable. How to organize full Android access to a flashcard is not discussed here. BusyBox must be installed on the system.

2. Since we will use the 2nd partition with the f2fs file system on the flashcard, we need to install a custom kernel with support for this file system (I don’t know if the stock kernel supports this file system, I don’t use it!). I am using the Ancient-EAS kernel which can be downloaded from the link Click here!... Install the kernel in the usual way as a zip archive through custom recovery. After installation, you need to boot into the system and reinstall Magisk, then reboot, this will increase the overall stability of the system!

3. Next, you need to install a Magisk module called Init.d Injector from the Magisk repository.

4. After that, we reduce the size of the first partition of the flashcard and create a primary second partition there and format it for the f2fs file system. I am using a 128 GB flash drive, the second partition is 32 GB.

5. Boot with the repartitioned flashcard, launch Apps2SD and mount the second section of the flashcard. The section should mount perfectly!

6. In the Apps2SD settings, in the "Set path su.d ..." parameter, set the path data / adb / post-fs-data.d

7. Check the box for "Get sleep ban"

8. Check the box "Use CP instead of RSync" ...

9. Check the "Backup Apps2SD database" checkbox.

10. The "Restart Apps2SD service" checkbox should be ticked.

11. After that, go to "Bind applications to SD card" and select "Recreate mount script". Select the f2fs file system and select the item "My device supports init.d" and create a script. To be honest, I didn’t create any scripts until I ran the mounts, I don’t know where, when and what scripts are created, so you can go through all the points for reliability, but you should create everything when you select init.d.

12. Find and save the scripts 00000000apps2sd-main.sh, 01apps2sdinit, apps2sh-mountscript.sh in the data / adb / post-fs-data.d and data / adb / service.d folders, and then give these files permission 755. Trace to give apps2sd permission 777 in the data / adb folder.

13. That's it, you can reboot the phone, the 2nd section of the sd card will be mounted at boot, you can go to Apps2SD and move custom applications to the 2nd section of the sd card!

NB: this was translated so caution is advised

dimstrdan

Dec 22, 2019
Hello! Why is it not possible anymore to read/write into /data/data (internal data) on Android 11? Also foldermount can't read internal root of Android 11? Anyone has a way to fix this?

Reactions: aston.w

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

This is my first post in XDA but I've been a regular reader as a guest. I've developed an app(Apps2SD) to move/link apps from internal storage to external SD card with lots of other cool features.

Apps2SD has evolved from being an app which moves app data to sd card to an all in one app with many cool features.

Translation project http://os3pxnq.oneskyapp.com/collaboration/project/54276

Apps2SD Translation Thread

Tutorials @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4q5HAHJblI&index=1&list=PLiRFJHKSKUX_q0hsN0oHn4iXGoloJku5s

Prerequisites:
    • Device needs to be rooted
    • Root permission should be granted to Apps2SD
    • 2 partitions on external SD card (use Apps2SD partition tool to create 2nd partition). 1st partition should be FAT/exFat partition, this is your standard SD card storage. The second partition is used as the internal storage for linked application files and can be ext2, ext3, ext4 or f2fs.
    Version 12.2 released in play store and attached in OP

Changelog:

• Updated translations
    • Fixed Partial link issue on app install/update
    • Fixed obb/ext data linking issue
    • Added sd card support for Swap files
    • Added option to disable Apps2SD service
    • Added option to delete broken symlinks
    • Added revert SDFix option
    • Added full magisk support
    • Added custom su.d path support
    • Added display size in Folder mount
    • Added background copy/move in Folder mount [Pro]
    • Added search option in App analyzer [Pro]
    • Added link type sort
    • Other bug fixes and performance improvements
    Version 12.0 released in play store and attached in OP

Changelog:

• Added App analyzer to create Folder mount pairs [Pro]
    • Added option to create hibernate shortcut [Pro]
    • Added app selection in restore apps [Pro]
    • Added option to link apps above a certain size [Pro]
    • Fixed SDFix for Marshmallow and Nougat
    • Performance improvement upto 10 times in creating backup and restore
    • Fixed many partition tool issues
    • Fixed bug in Hide apps
    • Fixed app crash in LineageOS
    • Added confirmation before moving files in Folder mount
    • Added support for Magisk interface
    • Improved mount script
    • Added wake lock option
    • Fixed bug in broken app cleaner
    • Made sdcard path dynamic in Folder mount
    • Many other bug fixes and erformance improvements
    First of all I'd like to thank all of you for the continuous support you've given me. After evaluating all the Pros and Cons I have decided not to continue development and support for the the app. I know many of you will be disappointed but trust me it was a very tough decision for me. I have spent countless hours on research, development and testing the app and I'll always be proud of it.

PS: I'll be releasing the final build for free version (with pro features) tonight on play store, hopefully they don't suspend the free version as well.

Update: The apk is updated in play store and attached in the first post