• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Apps2SD All in one tool[2.3+]: Partition SD card and Move/Link Apps to SD card [ROOT]

Did Apps2SD help you?

• Yes

Votes: 455 74.5%
  • No

Votes: 63 10.3%
  • Didn't try

Votes: 93 15.2%

• Total voters
Search This thread

dimstrdan

Dec 22, 2019
Hello! Why is it not possible anymore to read/write into /data/data (internal data) on Android 11? Also foldermount can't read internal root of Android 11? Anyone has a way to fix this?

Reactions: aston.w

Xitee_

Great App, i am using it for a long time now but i have a problem when rebooting.
Everytime I reboot my device, SWAP gets reenabled and all my folder mounts are off. It's really a pain to always manually change these settings after a reboot.
I already tried it with scripts that disable SWAP on boot, but somehow they won't get executed (if i trigger it manually it just works fine). And even if that would work, there are still the folder mounts.
Is there a way to fix that??

juandante

Jan 4, 2018
In a nutshell u can follow these steps:

Description of the use of Apps2SD on Xiaomi phones

1. We have a Rooted Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro phone with Magisk installed and custom recovery (for example Orange Fox 10.1) and MIUI 10.3.1.0 firmware Android 9 stable. How to organize full Android access to a flashcard is not discussed here. BusyBox must be installed on the system.

2. Since we will use the 2nd partition with the f2fs file system on the flashcard, we need to install a custom kernel with support for this file system (I don’t know if the stock kernel supports this file system, I don’t use it!). I am using the Ancient-EAS kernel which can be downloaded from the link Click here!... Install the kernel in the usual way as a zip archive through custom recovery. After installation, you need to boot into the system and reinstall Magisk, then reboot, this will increase the overall stability of the system!

3. Next, you need to install a Magisk module called Init.d Injector from the Magisk repository.

4. After that, we reduce the size of the first partition of the flashcard and create a primary second partition there and format it for the f2fs file system. I am using a 128 GB flash drive, the second partition is 32 GB.

5. Boot with the repartitioned flashcard, launch Apps2SD and mount the second section of the flashcard. The section should mount perfectly!

6. In the Apps2SD settings, in the "Set path su.d ..." parameter, set the path data / adb / post-fs-data.d

7. Check the box for "Get sleep ban"

8. Check the box "Use CP instead of RSync" ...

9. Check the "Backup Apps2SD database" checkbox.

10. The "Restart Apps2SD service" checkbox should be ticked.

11. After that, go to "Bind applications to SD card" and select "Recreate mount script". Select the f2fs file system and select the item "My device supports init.d" and create a script. To be honest, I didn’t create any scripts until I ran the mounts, I don’t know where, when and what scripts are created, so you can go through all the points for reliability, but you should create everything when you select init.d.

12. Find and save the scripts 00000000apps2sd-main.sh, 01apps2sdinit, apps2sh-mountscript.sh in the data / adb / post-fs-data.d and data / adb / service.d folders, and then give these files permission 755. Trace to give apps2sd permission 777 in the data / adb folder.

13. That's it, you can reboot the phone, the 2nd section of the sd card will be mounted at boot, you can go to Apps2SD and move custom applications to the 2nd section of the sd card!

NB: this was translated so caution is advised

I think those pseudo tutorials are complete bullsh*t. They explain how to activate the app but not how to recover from the many problems that the app will cause later like force closing apps, losing apps, etc.

I moved 10+ apps from a very old phone a very old Galaxy Note 4 with Android 6.0 and gosh, App2SD was creating complete mess with constant app crash. I removed all bits of Apps2SD and phone was working great again.

And there is no sort of help in the app, with parameters that doesn't mean anything (like SD Fix, what does it do ? or even again what I put in bold in your translated post) and there is no integrated troubleshooting.

And on Android 7+, it seems to have a lot of problems too. To sum up, this app is a magnet to trouble. I think it can be made better if it was not so opaque and had some real help and explanations in the app.

AnonVendetta

Apr 29, 2016
Portland, OR
I just did a short test of Apps2SD on Android 11. Linking apps works, mostly. For me, they don't disappear after reboot, and I don't get a soft reboot error.

Specs:
Galaxy Tab S7+
Latest stock Android 11
Rooted with Magisk v23

When creating the mount script, it fails if I try the Advanced option. But if I set the mount script path to /data/adb/service.d, it works. I also told it not to modify system partition.

As for the actual linking of apps, everything works except linking obb. With that I just get an error. My workaround is to use Riru, LSPosed, and XInternalSD. Then I can move obbs to 1st partition of MicroSD (not 2nd, which Apps2SD uses), apps still load fine. You need a root file manager to do this, I use Root Explorer.

My 2 cents...

Reactions: 999qwerty666

Numatu

Aug 11, 2021
"Device stuck in bootloop after creating mount script using the "Advanced method""
I've this problem with my note 8 Android PIE. I apply The solution e the phone restart. After I try to recreate the script with normal but after the phone go to bootloop and if i try the same solution it say no such file or directory!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just did a short test of Apps2SD on Android 11. Linking apps works, mostly. For me, they don't disappear after reboot, and I don't get a soft reboot error.

Specs:
    Galaxy Tab S7+
    Latest stock Android 11
    Rooted with Magisk v23

When creating the mount script, it fails if I try the Advanced option. But if I set the mount script path to /data/adb/service.d, it works. I also told it not to modify system partition.

As for the actual linking of apps, everything works except linking obb. With that I just get an error. My workaround is to use Riru, LSPosed, and XInternalSD. Then I can move obbs to 1st partition of MicroSD (not 2nd, which Apps2SD uses), apps still load fine. You need a root file manager to do this, I use Root Explorer.

My 2 cents...
    Hi all,

This is my first post in XDA but I've been a regular reader as a guest. I've developed an app(Apps2SD) to move/link apps from internal storage to external SD card with lots of other cool features.

Apps2SD has evolved from being an app which moves app data to sd card to an all in one app with many cool features.

Translation project http://os3pxnq.oneskyapp.com/collaboration/project/54276

Apps2SD Translation Thread

Tutorials @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4q5HAHJblI&index=1&list=PLiRFJHKSKUX_q0hsN0oHn4iXGoloJku5s

Prerequisites:
    • Device needs to be rooted
    • Root permission should be granted to Apps2SD
    • 2 partitions on external SD card (use Apps2SD partition tool to create 2nd partition). 1st partition should be FAT/exFat partition, this is your standard SD card storage. The second partition is used as the internal storage for linked application files and can be ext2, ext3, ext4 or f2fs.
    Version 12.2 released in play store and attached in OP

Changelog:

• Updated translations
    • Fixed Partial link issue on app install/update
    • Fixed obb/ext data linking issue
    • Added sd card support for Swap files
    • Added option to disable Apps2SD service
    • Added option to delete broken symlinks
    • Added revert SDFix option
    • Added full magisk support
    • Added custom su.d path support
    • Added display size in Folder mount
    • Added background copy/move in Folder mount [Pro]
    • Added search option in App analyzer [Pro]
    • Added link type sort
    • Other bug fixes and performance improvements
    Version 12.0 released in play store and attached in OP

Changelog:

• Added App analyzer to create Folder mount pairs [Pro]
    • Added option to create hibernate shortcut [Pro]
    • Added app selection in restore apps [Pro]
    • Added option to link apps above a certain size [Pro]
    • Fixed SDFix for Marshmallow and Nougat
    • Performance improvement upto 10 times in creating backup and restore
    • Fixed many partition tool issues
    • Fixed bug in Hide apps
    • Fixed app crash in LineageOS
    • Added confirmation before moving files in Folder mount
    • Added support for Magisk interface
    • Improved mount script
    • Added wake lock option
    • Fixed bug in broken app cleaner
    • Made sdcard path dynamic in Folder mount
    • Many other bug fixes and erformance improvements
    First of all I'd like to thank all of you for the continuous support you've given me. After evaluating all the Pros and Cons I have decided not to continue development and support for the the app. I know many of you will be disappointed but trust me it was a very tough decision for me. I have spent countless hours on research, development and testing the app and I'll always be proud of it.

PS: I'll be releasing the final build for free version (with pro features) tonight on play store, hopefully they don't suspend the free version as well.

Update: The apk is updated in play store and attached in the first post