Apps2SD All in one tool[2.3+]: Partition SD card and Move/Link Apps to SD card [ROOT]

Did Apps2SD help you?

• Yes

Votes: 475 74.8%
  • No

Votes: 65 10.2%
  • Didn't try

Votes: 95 15.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

vickybonick

May 30, 2015
Hi all,

This is my first post in XDA but I've been a regular reader as a guest. I've developed an app(Apps2SD) to move/link apps from internal storage to external SD card with lots of other cool features.

Apps2SD has evolved from being an app which moves app data to sd card to an all in one app with many cool features.

Translation project http://os3pxnq.oneskyapp.com/collaboration/project/54276

Apps2SD Translation Thread

Tutorials @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4q5HAHJblI&index=1&list=PLiRFJHKSKUX_q0hsN0oHn4iXGoloJku5s

Prerequisites:
  • Device needs to be rooted
  • Root permission should be granted to Apps2SD
  • 2 partitions on external SD card (use Apps2SD partition tool to create 2nd partition). 1st partition should be FAT/exFat partition, this is your standard SD card storage. The second partition is used as the internal storage for linked application files and can be ext2, ext3, ext4 or f2fs.

Attachments

• apps2sd-addon.d-script.zip
    515 bytes · Views: 12,075
  • KingRoot-2-SuperSu-Switcher_v1.2.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 5,231
  • apps2sd-v160.apk
    14.9 MB · Views: 9,273
Last edited:

hunkrahulsvnit

Jun 1, 2015
Apps2SD development

HI Vicky,
let me first congratulate you on making such a useful app which has so many features .Does this app has any device limitations .
thanks , Rahul

Cablespider

Jun 5, 2012
Chicago
The app won't partition my 32gb card on a Galaxy Tab 4. It keeps instructing me to reboot. Once I do, the app auto-starts, attempts to partition, then fails. Again, it instructs me to reboot. I never make it past this point. I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have. Thanks for the app and your time.

vickybonick

May 30, 2015
The app won't partition my 32gb card on a Galaxy Tab 4. It keeps instructing me to reboot. Once I do, the app auto-starts, attempts to partition, then fails. Again, it instructs me to reboot. I never make it past this point. I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have. Thanks for the app and your time.

Hi Cablespider,

Do you have busybox installed? can you check if fdisk is available in your busybox version.

Last edited:

vickybonick

May 30, 2015

Cablespider,

I've sent you a PM, please check.

Last edited:

vickybonick

May 30, 2015

The partition tool should work now. I've updated the apk in google play. It should be available after 3-4 hours.

Thanks,
Vicky

anil2705

Apr 13, 2013
Redmi K20 Pro
good app.
link2sd and apps2sd when used together have conflicts.
App needs stability. every reboot asks for another soft reboot to mount partition.

vickybonick

May 30, 2015
good app.
link2sd and apps2sd when used together have conflicts.
App needs stability. every reboot asks for another soft reboot to mount partition.

Please let me know your device name and android version. Ideally Link2SD and Apps2SD should not be used together. Any app linked by Link2SD will be detected by Apps2SD. If you still want to use them together make sure to deselect auto linking in Link2SD or Apps2SD settings.

As for the post reboot issue. Can you recreate the mount script from Apps2SD, reboot and try again. If the problem still persist send me the content of /system/etc/install-recovery.sh file.

Reactions: Zak1997

Account currently disabled
Oct 6, 2007
Usa
meettomy.site
I can not get it to work with my samsung tab 4 7.0in. I have link every option in setting, but applications still install in tablet internal storage. Tablet still showing Low on storage memory notification.....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk 2

vickybonick

May 30, 2015
I can not get it to work with my samsung tab 4 7.0in. I have link every option in setting, but applications still install in tablet internal storage. Tablet still showing Low on storage memory notification.....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Can you send me the Android version. Also are you able to Link/Move apps manually? Also do you mean after selecting all the options in auto link option, newly installed apps are not being moved to SD card?

Please note that Auto link Settings is for newly installed applications. To link existing apps select the app and link individually or use Multi select to link in batch.

Reactions: 10507

Account currently disabled
Oct 6, 2007
Usa
meettomy.site
Can you send me the Android version. Also are you able to Link/Move apps manually? Also do you mean after selecting all the options in auto link option, newly installed apps are not being moved to SD card?

Please note that Auto link Settings is for newly installed applications. To link existing apps select the app and link individually or use Multi select to link in batch.

It still running it original android version of 4.0.2. Yes, the newly installed apps are not being moved to the SD card. Everytimes I install new apps my internal storage decreases. I will try further more to see....

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

This is my first post in XDA but I've been a regular reader as a guest. I've developed an app(Apps2SD) to move/link apps from internal storage to external SD card with lots of other cool features.

Apps2SD has evolved from being an app which moves app data to sd card to an all in one app with many cool features.

Translation project http://os3pxnq.oneskyapp.com/collaboration/project/54276

Apps2SD Translation Thread

Tutorials @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4q5HAHJblI&index=1&list=PLiRFJHKSKUX_q0hsN0oHn4iXGoloJku5s

Prerequisites:
    • Device needs to be rooted
    • Root permission should be granted to Apps2SD
    • 2 partitions on external SD card (use Apps2SD partition tool to create 2nd partition). 1st partition should be FAT/exFat partition, this is your standard SD card storage. The second partition is used as the internal storage for linked application files and can be ext2, ext3, ext4 or f2fs.
    Version 12.2 released in play store and attached in OP

Changelog:

• Updated translations
    • Fixed Partial link issue on app install/update
    • Fixed obb/ext data linking issue
    • Added sd card support for Swap files
    • Added option to disable Apps2SD service
    • Added option to delete broken symlinks
    • Added revert SDFix option
    • Added full magisk support
    • Added custom su.d path support
    • Added display size in Folder mount
    • Added background copy/move in Folder mount [Pro]
    • Added search option in App analyzer [Pro]
    • Added link type sort
    • Other bug fixes and performance improvements
    First of all I'd like to thank all of you for the continuous support you've given me. After evaluating all the Pros and Cons I have decided not to continue development and support for the the app. I know many of you will be disappointed but trust me it was a very tough decision for me. I have spent countless hours on research, development and testing the app and I'll always be proud of it.

PS: I'll be releasing the final build for free version (with pro features) tonight on play store, hopefully they don't suspend the free version as well.

Update: The apk is updated in play store and attached in the first post
    Version 12.0 released in play store and attached in OP

Changelog:

• Added App analyzer to create Folder mount pairs [Pro]
    • Added option to create hibernate shortcut [Pro]
    • Added app selection in restore apps [Pro]
    • Added option to link apps above a certain size [Pro]
    • Fixed SDFix for Marshmallow and Nougat
    • Performance improvement upto 10 times in creating backup and restore
    • Fixed many partition tool issues
    • Fixed bug in Hide apps
    • Fixed app crash in LineageOS