AppSwitcher - smart SWC launcher (for Junsun and similar devices) incl. autostart

Search This thread

Jetblack31

Sep 10, 2022
@Jetblack31
Thanks for the advice and sorry for the delayed answer. I've checked the log. So this is the situation. I've attached at screenshot of the control switch for the headunit. The SRC key is mapped as key 10, the Key that opens the Info Monitor (the button on the end of the upper switch with the two arrows) isn't mapped to anything according to the log. It just doesn't show up. I've tried to map the App to key 10, however it doesn't work. App Switcher doesn't respond and on pressing the button it's still switches between Radio, Bluetooth and Maps. Is there anyway to get the headunit to ignore the SRC input? Or to get the App to work?

Thanks in advance
Hi,

What I found to get the headunit to ignore the SRC input is to modify the Menu Icon (8878) as in the picture. After that, I configure AppSwitcher like in the second picture. Note that I use Key 10 and Key 11 in my case.

Best

IMG_7672.jpg

IMG_7673.jpg

Reactions: DarkTWH

DarkTWH

Sep 25, 2021
POCO X4 Pro
Thanks @Jetblack31,
That tip for the SRC Key worked perfectly. However even after trying to set the press log entry (any of those 3 to == 10) Appswitcher still doesn't respond. In which of those 3 options do I need to set it? If tried all of them individually and the last two in combination, but that doesn't fix it either.
Thanks in advance

Jetblack31

Sep 10, 2022
Thanks @Jetblack31,
That tip for the SRC Key worked perfectly. However even after trying to set the press log entry (any of those 3 to == 10) Appswitcher still doesn't respond. In which of those 3 options do I need to set it? If tried all of them individually and the last two in combination, but that doesn't fix it either.
Thanks in advance
Hi,

Did you grand AppSwitcher with the READ_LOGS permission ?
Did you set AppSwitcherStarter as your preferred NAVI application in the HU system?

DarkTWH

Sep 25, 2021
POCO X4 Pro
Hi,

Did you grand AppSwitcher with the READ_LOGS permission ?
Did you set AppSwitcherStarter as your preferred NAVI application in the HU system?
Yes to both. Still no change. However if I leave the first box empty and then try to close the app via the back key on the unit itself. The menu opens and I can flip through it using the back button left of the touchscreen. But no response to the SRC button

Jetblack31

Sep 10, 2022
Yes to both. Still no change. However if I leave the first box empty and then try to close the app via the back key on the unit itself. The menu opens and I can flip through it using the back button left of the touchscreen. But no response to the SRC button
Which first box? the first box in the Menu Icon option ?

DarkTWH

Sep 25, 2021
POCO X4 Pro
Yeah, my answer was not verry percise. When I leave the box "On Button Press Log Entry" empty and then press the back key on the side of the screen the AppSwitcher Menu appears, and I can see the apps I set in the Settings. Do I need to set more than one key @Jetblack31? because in your case you set short to 11 and long to 10.

Edit: It finally works. After having to use the reset button on the unit due to another issue, I had to reapply all Settings (My Unit tends to forget certain settings after some time) and with Short button press set to 10 and the other two to 9999 it now works flawless
@Jetblack31 Thanks for the help, much appreciated

Last edited:

Jetblack31

Sep 10, 2022
From my experience, you can set only the "short press" and it works.
Have you allowed AppSwitcher to be front of other apps ? See one of my previous post.
Jetblack

elalvaro19

Sep 18, 2018
Hi, I'm new to the thread. I have installed the application, I have a car with canbus. I have managed to get the appshitcher menu to come out but the swc button continues to do the original function. That is to say, it does both functions, when I press swc it does the original function but the appswitcher is opened. Any idea how to override the main function?. My unit is junsun v1 (8227L)

Jetblack31

Sep 10, 2022
Hi, I'm new to the thread. I have installed the application, I have a car with canbus. I have managed to get the appshitcher menu to come out but the swc button continues to do the original function. That is to say, it does both functions, when I press swc it does the original function but the appswitcher is opened. Any idea how to override the main function?. My unit is junsun v1 (8227L)
Hi,
Welcome !
Have you modified the Menu Icon as described here above?
Jetblack

elalvaro19

Sep 18, 2018
Hi,
Welcome !
Have you modified the Menu Icon as described here above?
Jetblack
No, I have not done that, because I understand that if I do that, the apps that I remove from that menu will not appear in the main menu, is that right? Another point is that in the app selection I don't get the native radio app. My launcher is agama car launcher

DarkTWH

Sep 25, 2021
POCO X4 Pro
If I am informed correctly you can install laucher APKS for a different lauchner here in the fourm. It should work with that. At least it works with mine that way (But I use Car Launcher Pro).

elalvaro19

Sep 18, 2018
tested like this if it works, but the apps of the link do not work for me it is installed but it does not do the function for example the fm radio one opens but it does not search for any station. I imagine it will be because of the chip, mine is the 8227L

elalvaro19

Sep 18, 2018
I have tried to search for the apk by the root of the system but I can't find it. I imagine a breakdown of an apk that contains everything would be done. It seems that this pack only works for v1 pro

Ukiews

Nov 25, 2022
I’m running the app on a Teyes CC3 with a canbus converter for my Honda CRV swc. I’m trying to figure out witch key code is assigned internally to the “source” button on the steering wheel. Using Logcat Reader and filtering by “MainUI”, nothing shows up for any of the buttons in the log. Might I need a different filter to find these button presses?

Jetblack31

Sep 10, 2022
I’m running the app on a Teyes CC3 with a canbus converter for my Honda CRV swc. I’m trying to figure out witch key code is assigned internally to the “source” button on the steering wheel. Using Logcat Reader and filtering by “MainUI”, nothing shows up for any of the buttons in the log. Might I need a different filter to find these button presses?
Hi,

did you grant Logical with READ LOGS permissions ?

TorstenH

Feb 20, 2021
What is Logical? Do you mean Logcat? I did grant Logcat permissions upon first launch. The CC3 HU is rooted. The logs are beings generated, but when apply the filter "MainUI" under Tag, and then press swc buttons, the log screen remains blank.
Here is a demo:
In don't think that Teyes devices using the same main application as Junsun devices. In this case it doesn't make sense to filter for MainUI.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AppSwitcher - SWC (Steering Wheel Control) app launcher.

Stay focused on the street and don't touch the head units display to switch between apps.

UI:
    IMG_20220623_095831.jpg

Video of 1st alpha version:

Covered features:
    - allow to select an app to start without the need to jump from app to app.
    - one button press to switch between last used navigation app and last used media app.
    - support usage of multiple navigation apps.
    - works with pre-installed apps like Radio and apps added by the user.
    - start the last used media app automatically.
    - long button press to cancel (if dialog is shown) or to jump to home screen.
    - reactivate accessibility service of Automate and start initial Automate Flow
    - enable/disable DuraSpeed
    - change system property to make Android status bar visible (work as on other Android devices)

Open:
    - May not work on devices with canbus.

Testers are welcome! I need YOUR help to make it work on head units connected to canbus.

Please install both apps because 'AppSwitcher Starter' is just used to start the App Switcher Service. Find installation instruction in 3rd post.

FAQ

@demolite @Apk07

Started to implement that static list feature. Because I have to change a lot of classes I hope you will provide your test feedback.

IMG_20220816_154012.jpgIMG_20220816_153937.jpg
    Didn't see this mentioned; if someone has problems setting this up on Junsun V1 Pro w/ canbus, I had to give AppSwitcher permission to "READ_LOGS" with ADB. Now works great!
    2.0a --> 2.0b
    Start of AppSwitcher Service wasn't possible if app data was cleared.
    Added version 1.4.
    Only minor changes but the UI bug was too painful for my eyes. (-: