[February 7, 2022] Pixel Tweaks for Pixel 5 with Color Picker

Add Quick Settings Background options at the cost of not being able to switch themes?

• Yes, make default background for both themes white

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Yes, make default background for both themes black

Votes: 28 68.3%
  • No

Votes: 11 26.8%

• Total voters
Search This thread

eg1122

Badseed Customs Presents
Pixel Tweaks

Looking for Android 12 Support? Click Here

Greetings
This is a combination of a Magisk module and Substratum Theme. I originally did this as means to give custom options to people who enjoy the Pixel Launcher and was planning to release on the Play Store. Since it required a modified Pixel Launcher via Magisk, I decided to release it to the public via XDA.

The Magisk module is needed in order for the options in the Substratum theme to install and function properly!

The Goods!

Change the default 5x5 grid size
4x5 all the way to 7x8

Remove 3 button navigation bar

Remove Google search bar from home screen & app drawer

Change app drawer text color

Color Picker or 20+ Presets to choose from

Change app drawer background

Options for up to 11 app icons in the dock

Change folder text color

Change folder background color

Change app icon size
from 36 to 72 in increments of 2

Change home text color

Change folder trim color

Change or remove text size
11 through 18

Hide at a glance widget

Compatibility
Pixel 2-5

Changelog
Pixel Tweaks Helper v1.0.0.5 & Pixel Tweaks Helper CC v1.0.0.5

August 2021 OTA

Pixel Tweaks v5.3
Small tweaks here and there

Pixel Tweaks Helper v1.0.0.4 & Pixel Tweaks Helper CC v1.0.0.4
June 2021 OTA

Pixel Tweaks Helper v1.0.0.3 & Pixel Tweaks Helper CC v1.0.0.3
May 2021 OTA

Pixel Tweaks Helper v1.0.0.2 & Pixel Tweaks Helper CC v1.0.0.2
April 2021 OTA

Rebranded to Pixel Tweaks Helper v1.0.0.1 & Pixel Tweaks Helper CC v1.0.0.1
Added SystemUIGoogle.apk to zip to facilitate mods via Substratum
Pixel Tweaks Helper CC has a center clock built into it. Flash either or, but not both.

Rebranded to Pixel Tweaks v5.2
Added ability to change statusbar icon & text colors
Added ability to change lockscreen & quick settings text (clock and qs labels wont change for now)
Fixed camera lag when removing 3 button navigation bar (fix is applied via SystemUI overlay)
Added ability to remove the battery icon but not the battery percentage text
Added ability to remove the top right corner padding on the statusbar in order to move statusbar icons closer to the edge.

Pixel Launcher Helper v11.0.0.5
Update to March OTA

Pixel Launcher Editor v5.1
If nothing is selected for app drawer background stock colors will stay in effect in light/dark mode

Pixel Launcher Helper v11.0.0.4
Update to Dec OTA (last update to Pixel 2 devices)

Pixel Launcher Editor v5.0
Added Color Picker to text and background colors
New layout designed to make installation easier. See second post for instructions

Pixel Launcher Helper v11.0.0.3
Initial release for Pixel 5 (WILL NOT WORK ON PIXEL 2-4)

Pixel Launcher Editor v4.1
Added option to hide 3 button navigation bar. YOU MUST HAVE A 3RD PARTY NAVIGATION SOLUTION SETUP BEFORE APPLYING THIS OVERLAY!

Pixel Launcher Helper v11.0.0.2
Oct OTA

Pixel Launcher Editor v4.0 & Pixel Launcher Helper v11.0.0.1
Updated to Android 11 (DO NOT USE ON ANDROID 10) [Helper 11.0.0.1 & Editor v4.0]
Editor v3.9 & Helper v10.11 are final versions for Android 10

Pixel Launcher Helper v10.11
Updated to July OTA [Helper 10.11]

Pixel Launcher Editor v3.9
Added ability to hide "At A Glance Widget" [Editor 3.9]**THIS WILL ONLY HIDE THE WIDGET. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PUT ANYTHING IN ITS PLACE**

Pixel Launcher Editor v3.8 & Pixel Launcher Helper v10.10
Please uninstall previous version of Pixel Launcher Editor before installing v3.8 [Editor 3.8]
Added new color - Lilac [Editor 3.8]
Added 4x5, 4x6, 4x7, & 4x8 grid layouts [Editor 3.8]
Updated to June OTA [Helper 10.10]
Can be flashed over previous versions[Helper 10.10]

Pixel Launcher Editor v3.7
Added new color - Buxton [Editor 3.7]
One time deal, you must uninstall previous version(s) of the Editor in order to install this one (long story short, lost my sig keys and had to create new ones)

Pixel Launcher Helper v10.9 & Pixel Launcher Editor v3.6
Updated to March OTA [Helper 10.9]
Can be flashed over previous versions [Helper 10.9]
Added new color - Lime [Editor 3.6]
Added 62-72 icon sizes in increments of 2 [Editor 3.6]
Added 15-18 text size [Editor 3.6]
Added 4 icon option for dock [Editor 3.6]

Pixel Launcher Helper v10.8 & Pixel Launcher Editor v3.5
Updated to February OTA [Helper 10.8]
Added new color - Fiesta [Editor 3.5]
Can be flashed over previous versions [Helper 10.8]

Pixel Launcher Helper v10.7.2
Fixed issues of not installing correctly
Can be flashed over previous versions

Pixel Launcher Editor 3.4 & Pixel Launcher Helper v10.7
Added a bunch of grid layouts
Added in Black folder trim and text colors
Added new color - Arcadia
Updated to January update

Pixel Launcher Helper v10.6
Unified all Pixel Launcher Helper modules (P2-P4)
Updated to December update

Pixel Launcher Helper v10.5
Fixed At a Glance Widget not working
Please look at instructions to see how to update
Huge thanks to @Tulsadiver for the VR Theme

Pixel Launcher Editor v3.3
Added new color -Cheddar
Added new color -Eden

Pixel Launcher Editor v3.1 & Pixel Launcher Helper v10.4
Made Dock options independent from grid
Added new color -Orange
Added 7x7 and 7x8 grid layouts
Added 8, 9, 10, & 11 dock icon options
Added smaller icon sizes
Updated Helper to allow independent dock

Pixel Launcher Editor v3.0 & Pixel Launcher Helper v10.3
Added in stock options
Reworked the app so it is easier to apply
Added new color -Bluestone
Updated Helper to Nov. release
Removed beta features

Pixel Launcher Editor v2.3 & Pixel Launcher Helper v10.1
Pixel 4 & Pixel 4XL initial release (earlier versions of the editor can be found in Pixel 3/3XL threads)

Pixel Launcher Helper v10.2
Fixed FC when using stock navigation gestures

Pixel Launcher Editor v2.4
Edited the Red, Blue, and Yellow hues a bit
Added Living Coral Color Options
New Icon
Minor Bugs and Fixes
Added overlay for "Ocean" color in styles [BETA]...You will need to disable and enable after every reboot

Pixel Launcher Editor v2.5
String Fixes
Added Full Transparent App Drawer Background

Credits
topjohnwu for Magisk
djdarkknight96 for helping me out with my very first Substratum Theme/Mod, it would not have been possible without his guidance
miggsr, my faithful tester and breaker of things

Screenshots
Screenshot_20201030-140206.jpg Screenshot_20201030-140215.jpg Screenshot_20201030-140242.png Screenshot_20201030-140250.png Screenshot_20201030-140255.png

Screenshot_20201030-140305.png Screenshot_20201030-140314.png Screenshot_20201030-140328.png Screenshot_20201030-140335.png

Screenshot_20201030-140340.png Screenshot_20201030-140346.png

Screenshot_20201030-140351.png Screenshot_20201030-140426.jpg

Last edited:

eg1122

Instructions & Downloads

1. Download and flash Pixel.Tweaks.Helper.zip via Magisk.
2. Install Substratum Lite from Play Store.
3. Uninstall previous versions of the editor, disable Pixel Tweaks overlays in substratum, and reboot.
4. Install Pixel Tweaks.*
*When installing the editor you might get a message stating that Play Protect does not recognize this app's developer, that is because I signed the app with my private keys and I am not registered through the Play Store.

How to build your custom Pixel Launcher Theme

01. Open Substratum Lite and select Tweaks.
02. Read welcome screen carefully then select PROCEED.
03. At the very top choose the grid layout you would like, you will need to use the same grid layout in step 11 below (ex Grid6x7).
04. Under Android System select AppDrawerBkg to set your desired app drawer background color. If nothing is selected, stock colors will be used (note that the hex code to the far right will not change when you select a different color, the color circle will show the color you picked).
05. Under Android System select FolderBkg to set your desired folder background color. If nothing is selected, stock colors will be used.
06. Under Android System select FolderTrim to set your desired folder trim color. If nothing is selected, stock colors will be used.
07. Under Android System select 3 Button Navigation Bar Options if you would like to hide the 3 bar navigation bar. Please make sure you have a 3rd party navigation solution ready to go before you enable the overlays.
08. Under Pixel Launcher select DrawerText to set your desired app drawer text color. If nothing is selected, stock colors will be used.
09. Under Pixel Launcher select FolderText to set your desired folder text color. If nothing is selected, stock colors will be used.
10. Under Pixel Launcher select HomeText to set your desired home text color. If nothing is selected, stock colors will be used.
11. Under Pixel Launcher select Remove Searchbar? to choose whether or not you would like to remove the search bar. If you would like to remove it, make sure you select the same grid as you did in step 03 above (ex. Yes6x7)
12. Under Pixel Launcher select Dock Options to set how many apps you would like on your dock.
13. Under Pixel Launcher select Text Size to set your desired text size or if you would like to remove it completely.
14. Under Pixel Launcher select Icon & At A Glance Options to set your desired icon size.
15. Under System UI select StatbarTextIcon to set your desired color of all items appearing in the statusbar. If nothing is selected, stock colors will be used.
16. Under System UI select LockscreenDropdownText to set your desired color of text in the lockscreen and quick settings. If nothing is selected, stock colors will be used.
17.Under System UI select Yes under Did you hide 3 button navigation bar? if you hid it in step 07, otherwise leave it alone.
18. Under System UI select your desired Quick Settings Layout. Android 11 is the default 2 rows and 3 columns. Android 10 is 3 rows and 3 columns.
19. Under System UI select Yes under Remove Battery Icon? if you would like to remove the battery icon but leave the battery percentage visable, otherwise leave it alone.
20. Under System UI select Yes under Remove Statsubar Corner Padding if you would like your statusbar icons to be closer to the edge of the screen, otherwise leave it alone.
21. Select the boxes for Android System, Pixel Launcher, and System UI then select the floating bubble at the bottom right and select Install selected.
22. If you would like to hide at a glance widget please follow the following steps, if not skip to step 23.
a. At the very top select the same grid you selected the first time (ex. Grid6x7).
b. Skip down to Remove Searchbar? and select the same option you selected in step 11 above (ex. Yes6x7)
c. Skip down to very bottom, press Icon & At A Glance Options and select RemoveAtAGlance (this will only hide the widget, area will not be usable).
d. Check the box for Pixel Launcher. Only this box. 1 box only. Do not select Android System. Do not select System UI
e. Press 1 Selected (see only 1, does not have a 2 or a 3) bubble that appears on bottom right and select Install selected.
23. Reboot your phone
24. Once you are booted up, go to Substratum Lite and select Manager in the bottom center
25. Select the overlays you built (they should be orange) and press the floating bubble that appears and press Enable selected (the selected overlays will turn green, screen might turn off for a moment)
26. Reboot and enjoy

Here is a video of me building the theme with substratum lite.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Mzqy3zRWtLNnrKjr8

Use this to use icon packs on Pixel Launcher
https://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/app-pixel-launcher-mods-icon-packs-t3732483

Pixel Tweaks Helper v1.0.0.4 download count: 567
Pixel Tweaks v5.2 download count: 494

Pixel Tweaks Helper v1.0.0.3 download count: 523
Pixel Tweaks Helper v1.0.0.2 download count: 422
Pixel Tweaks Helper v1.0.0.1 download count: 504
Pixel Launcher Editor v5.0 download count: 1670
Pixel Launcher Helper v11.0.0.4 download count: 1415
Pixel Launcher Editor v4.1 download count: 972
Pixel Launcher Helper v11.0.0.2/3 download count: 293

If I helped, hit the Thanks Button!
Feeling generous, send me a beer!

Attachments

• Pixel.Tweaks.v5.3.apk
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,595
  • Pixel.Tweaks.Helper.CC.v1.0.0.5.zip
    13.6 MB · Views: 1,001
  • Pixel.Tweaks.Helper.v1.0.0.5.zip
    13.6 MB · Views: 1,188
Last edited:

eg1122

Q & A

Q: Will this mod work on other Pixel Devices?
A: Each Pixel device starting with Pixel 2 has its own thread. Please check in the corresponding device forums.

Q: There is no thread in the Pixel 3a or Pixel 3aXL forums, where can I find the mod for this device?
A: The mod is exactly the same as the one for the Pixel 3(XL), go there for download.

Q: There is no thread on the Pixel 4a or Pixel 4a 5g forums, is this compatible with those devices?
A: Unknown, I have no way of testing on those two devices. If you would like to become a tester send me a private message. You must know how to use ADB and willing to suffer force closures.

Q: When will this mod be compatible with the Pixel 4a and/or Pixel 4a 5g?
A: I need someone on the latest firmware for those devices to send me the Pixel Launcher apk. It is located in /system/system_ext/priv-app/NexusLauncherRelease/. Once this file is sent to me I will be able to make this mod compatible with those devices.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 9071371

Great Work!

Finally one can easily customize pixel launcher now! Thanks a lot!
And a dumb feature request from me, can you add dynamic icon masking like on Lawnchair V2 and Hyperion to Pixel Launcher?
Don't mind me if what I am asking is impossible. I don't know how launcher3 or things work :p.

eg1122

Finally one can easily customize pixel launcher now! Thanks a lot!
And a dumb feature request from me, can you add dynamic icon masking like on Lawnchair V2 and Hyperion to Pixel Launcher?
Don't mind me if what I am asking is impossible. I don't know how launcher3 or things work :p.
There is an app for that already but currently broken on Pixel 5 (worked on p2-4 even on android 11). I already let the dev of that app know. Hopefully he will update it. If he does I'll link to his thread.

D

Deleted member 9071371

There is an app for that already but currently broken on Pixel 5 (worked on p2-4 even on android 11). I already let the dev of that app know. Hopefully he will update it. If he does I'll link to his thread.
That is great!?
Can you give me any link to that app?:)

hsmith1514

Jun 16, 2010
I've noticed an oddball issue after applying a theme. The overlay theme I created is for a 5x6 grid with the Google Search removed. Once that gets applied and I reboot, I'm not able to add correctly sized widgets. When I go to add a widget (weather, google search, color note, etc) it adds a row to the widget size. For example, the (normally) 5x1 google search widget gets listed as 5x2, and takes up 2 rows on the home screen after adding it, and it can't be resized to only be a height of one row.

Last edited:

eg1122

I've noticed an oddball issue after applying a theme. The overlay theme I created is for a 5x6 grid with the Google Search removed. Once that gets applied and I reboot, I'm not able to add correctly sized widgets. When I go to add a widget (weather, google search, color note, etc) it adds a row to the widget size. For example, the (normally) 5x1 google search widget gets listed as 5x2, and takes up 2 rows on the home screen after adding it, and it can't be resized to only be a height of one row.
The app that is linked two posts above yours has the ability to resize widgets! That's what I use.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Instructions & Downloads

1. Download and flash Pixel.Tweaks.Helper.zip via Magisk.
    2. Install Substratum Lite from Play Store.
    3. Uninstall previous versions of the editor, disable Pixel Tweaks overlays in substratum, and reboot.
    4. Install Pixel Tweaks.*
    *When installing the editor you might get a message stating that Play Protect does not recognize this app's developer, that is because I signed the app with my private keys and I am not registered through the Play Store.

How to build your custom Pixel Launcher Theme

01. Open Substratum Lite and select Tweaks.
    02. Read welcome screen carefully then select PROCEED.
    03. At the very top choose the grid layout you would like, you will need to use the same grid layout in step 11 below (ex Grid6x7).
    04. Under Android System select AppDrawerBkg to set your desired app drawer background color. If nothing is selected, stock colors will be used (note that the hex code to the far right will not change when you select a different color, the color circle will show the color you picked).
    05. Under Android System select FolderBkg to set your desired folder background color. If nothing is selected, stock colors will be used.
    06. Under Android System select FolderTrim to set your desired folder trim color. If nothing is selected, stock colors will be used.
    07. Under Android System select 3 Button Navigation Bar Options if you would like to hide the 3 bar navigation bar. Please make sure you have a 3rd party navigation solution ready to go before you enable the overlays.
    08. Under Pixel Launcher select DrawerText to set your desired app drawer text color. If nothing is selected, stock colors will be used.
    09. Under Pixel Launcher select FolderText to set your desired folder text color. If nothing is selected, stock colors will be used.
    10. Under Pixel Launcher select HomeText to set your desired home text color. If nothing is selected, stock colors will be used.
    11. Under Pixel Launcher select Remove Searchbar? to choose whether or not you would like to remove the search bar. If you would like to remove it, make sure you select the same grid as you did in step 03 above (ex. Yes6x7)
    12. Under Pixel Launcher select Dock Options to set how many apps you would like on your dock.
    13. Under Pixel Launcher select Text Size to set your desired text size or if you would like to remove it completely.
    14. Under Pixel Launcher select Icon & At A Glance Options to set your desired icon size.
    15. Under System UI select StatbarTextIcon to set your desired color of all items appearing in the statusbar. If nothing is selected, stock colors will be used.
    16. Under System UI select LockscreenDropdownText to set your desired color of text in the lockscreen and quick settings. If nothing is selected, stock colors will be used.
    17.Under System UI select Yes under Did you hide 3 button navigation bar? if you hid it in step 07, otherwise leave it alone.
    18. Under System UI select your desired Quick Settings Layout. Android 11 is the default 2 rows and 3 columns. Android 10 is 3 rows and 3 columns.
    19. Under System UI select Yes under Remove Battery Icon? if you would like to remove the battery icon but leave the battery percentage visable, otherwise leave it alone.
    20. Under System UI select Yes under Remove Statsubar Corner Padding if you would like your statusbar icons to be closer to the edge of the screen, otherwise leave it alone.
    21. Select the boxes for Android System, Pixel Launcher, and System UI then select the floating bubble at the bottom right and select Install selected.
    22. If you would like to hide at a glance widget please follow the following steps, if not skip to step 23.
    a. At the very top select the same grid you selected the first time (ex. Grid6x7).
    b. Skip down to Remove Searchbar? and select the same option you selected in step 11 above (ex. Yes6x7)
    c. Skip down to very bottom, press Icon & At A Glance Options and select RemoveAtAGlance (this will only hide the widget, area will not be usable).
    d. Check the box for Pixel Launcher. Only this box. 1 box only. Do not select Android System. Do not select System UI
    e. Press 1 Selected (see only 1, does not have a 2 or a 3) bubble that appears on bottom right and select Install selected.
    23. Reboot your phone
    24. Once you are booted up, go to Substratum Lite and select Manager in the bottom center
    25. Select the overlays you built (they should be orange) and press the floating bubble that appears and press Enable selected (the selected overlays will turn green, screen might turn off for a moment)
    26. Reboot and enjoy

Here is a video of me building the theme with substratum lite.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/Mzqy3zRWtLNnrKjr8

Use this to use icon packs on Pixel Launcher
    https://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/app-pixel-launcher-mods-icon-packs-t3732483

Pixel Tweaks Helper v1.0.0.4 download count: 567
    Pixel Tweaks v5.2 download count: 494

Pixel Tweaks Helper v1.0.0.3 download count: 523
    Pixel Tweaks Helper v1.0.0.2 download count: 422
    Pixel Tweaks Helper v1.0.0.1 download count: 504
    Pixel Launcher Editor v5.0 download count: 1670
    Pixel Launcher Helper v11.0.0.4 download count: 1415
    Pixel Launcher Editor v4.1 download count: 972
    Pixel Launcher Helper v11.0.0.2/3 download count: 293

If I helped, hit the Thanks Button!
    Feeling generous, send me a beer!
    Okay guys, I just want to say that lately I've been burned out from android modding/theming and I just have no drive to keep doing it. Having said that, I will be taking a break from xda with the hope that I at least have it in me to keep updating this mod for every OTA. If what I saw on Android 12 DP1 is any indication of the changes needed for my mod to work on the official Android 12 release it will be a simple port; however, if there are dramatic changes needed to my mod I can not guarantee that I will continue with it past Android 11. Only time will tell, but I just need a break at the moment. Thank you all for using this mod and please continue to enjoy it!
    No update required for October OTA but a fresh install is required. Just disable the Substratum overlays then completely remove the Magisk module for this mod and reboot. Once you reboot flash the Magisk module and reboot. You can now enable the Substratum overlays and reboot if needed.
    will this tweak work on A12 DP3?
    No. A12 will need an update. I will try to support the official A12 release once it's out.
    Q & A

Q: Will this mod work on other Pixel Devices?
    A: Each Pixel device starting with Pixel 2 has its own thread. Please check in the corresponding device forums.

Q: There is no thread in the Pixel 3a or Pixel 3aXL forums, where can I find the mod for this device?
    A: The mod is exactly the same as the one for the Pixel 3(XL), go there for download.

Q: There is no thread on the Pixel 4a or Pixel 4a 5g forums, is this compatible with those devices?
    A: Unknown, I have no way of testing on those two devices. If you would like to become a tester send me a private message. You must know how to use ADB and willing to suffer force closures.

Q: When will this mod be compatible with the Pixel 4a and/or Pixel 4a 5g?
    A: I need someone on the latest firmware for those devices to send me the Pixel Launcher apk. It is located in /system/system_ext/priv-app/NexusLauncherRelease/. Once this file is sent to me I will be able to make this mod compatible with those devices.