[APRIL FOOL'S DAY JOKE] hx4700 SDHC Patch !!!

• Thread starter Dimitri_Einstien_Flufenpu
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Donald24

Aug 30, 2007
Friedrichshafen
Miracously it does work on every system, that doesn't work this SDHC beforce. Dimitri just cracked the way the economy system treats its customers. (and he just used the right timing for da bomb ;)

D

Dimitri_Einstien_Flufenpu

The files have been removed to avoid confusion. This was an April Fools joke.
FYI it was a text file that read "April Fools" in various languages in multiple nested zipped folders.

English: April Fools!
French: Poisson d'Avril!
Russian: день дураков !
Italian: Pesce d'Aprile!
Finnish: Aprillia, aprillia, syö silliä ja juo kuravettä päälle!

Spanish: Inocente, inocente!
http://spanish.about.com/b/2007/04/01/spains-equivalent-of-april-fools-day-is-dec-28.htm

There is no way yet to get SDHC to work on the hx4700. Most people say that it's impossible because of the hardware. Do a search and you can find lengthy arguments and discussions about this subject. It's a question that keeps coming up over and over again ad nauseum.

Bor_Ed

Oct 5, 2009
Hello all.
I've been reading this forum for a good while as I have hx4700 and several issues with the device.
Finally I've found a 'patch' that can handle the SDHC cards in the device too, called Ångström (http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/), works nicely with 8GB SDHC class 6 card as well as 8GB CF card after CF has been partitioned to less than 2G for fat at the start.
There are some glitches here and there but the system has been 'on road' for 4 months now with just random wlan issues.

Edit:
Posted in this thread as the problem seems to have much attraction and google gave this thread as first 'sane' hit.
Better suggestions to get the device full blown under proprietary firmware are always welcome, though I think I'm happy with current situation, opie is the way to go :)

Last edited:

zoftdev

Sep 19, 2009
Hey this is not April fool!

Hello all.
I've been reading this forum for a good while as I have hx4700 and several issues with the device.
Finally I've found a 'patch' that can handle the SDHC cards in the device too, called Ångström (http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/), works nicely with 8GB SDHC class 6 card as well as 8GB CF card after CF has been partitioned to less than 2G for fat at the start.
There are some glitches here and there but the system has been 'on road' for 4 months now with just random wlan issues.

Edit:
Posted in this thread as the problem seems to have much attraction and google gave this thread as first 'sane' hit.
Better suggestions to get the device full blown under proprietary firmware are always welcome, though I think I'm happy with current situation, opie is the way to go :)

g00ey

Dec 31, 2008
After doing some research I've found that Angstrom is a Linux distribution for various handheld devices such as the hx4700. If one can successfully mount an SDHC card in that operating system then at least we know that this is a software issue and not hardware related as seem to have been the argument in previous dicussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.