APTX codec support

Search This thread

-kOS-

Account currently disabled
Feb 10, 2007
Sweden
I test a Note 8 Pro with an APTX enabled headphones (Sony XB950B1) and it connects to them using AAC protocol,

If you want to know more about Bluetooth Audio Codecs, i recomend this article, is large, but i think is very explanatory:

https://habr.com/en/post/456182/

Greetings

Last edited:

roox911

Jan 1, 2011
I've tried on a Senneheiser 4.50BT NC, and I can confirm that it connected with aptx audio. So, what I suggest is to go to a store and try it, with one that you really have sure that has aptx audio, because I've heard that a lot of headphones sold on some online shops on the spects have "aptx", but that is not true. So go to a store and try it. Another thing, my phone is a Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T, with MIUI 10.

mate - believe me, they are all aptx, its not my first phone, or first set of headsets :p They are all high end name brand devices. You seem to be the only one here who magically has aptx support. So its either all of us in the wrong, or you?

tico_ocit

Dec 16, 2019
Please share Screenshot of the Bluetooth Audio Codecs available on your Redmi Note 8 Pro.
If that request is directed to me, as I said before, I have a Redmi Note 8T. If you still want a screenshot, I can take it.

mate - believe me, they are all aptx, its not my first phone, or first set of headsets :p They are all high end name brand devices. You seem to be the only one here who magically has aptx support. So its either all of us in the wrong, or you?
On my RN8T I've already connect by Aptx. I purchased the Sennheiser 4.50BT, the ones that I could connected by Aptx, and it will arrive on 3rd January, by then I can take a screenshot with the codec type connected.
Again I say, I have a RN8T, and when I first answered on this topic, I was facing the same issues.

Last edited:

pirx666

Oct 28, 2014
If that request is directed to me, as I said before, I have a Redmi Note 8T. If you still want a screenshot, I can take it.

On my RN8T I've already connect by Aptx. I purchased the Sennheiser 4.50BT, the ones that I could connected by Aptx, and it will arrive on 3rd January, by then I can take a screenshot with the codec type connected.
Again I say, I have a RN8T, and when I first answered on this topic, I was facing the same issues.

You are confusing people. Your 8T is a completely different phone. Where do you read that the PRO should have aptx support, it's not listed under the specs webpage.

I was able to enable aptx on my redmi note 8 pro, installing the magisk module BlueStacks bit rate changer, I was able to confirm my headphone connect with aptx codec.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-12-29-23-16-50-036_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-12-29-23-16-50-036_com.android.settings.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 1,804
  • Screenshot_2019-12-29-23-11-30-810_com.topjohnwu.magisk.png
    Screenshot_2019-12-29-23-11-30-810_com.topjohnwu.magisk.png
    220.7 KB · Views: 1,814

roox911

Jan 1, 2011
You have a qualcomm soc mate.. Its a totally different phone. you are not helping anything with the constant confusion you are creating.

myotai

May 25, 2013
So what's the conclusion? We have to accept that BT call quality on the RN8 Pro is sure and that's that?

Apr 25, 2014
It seems to be the issue with redmi note 8 pro.I reported this bug in mi community.upvote the post so that mi fixes this soon.
aptx bug (not supported) on redmi note 8 pro. https://in.c.mi.com/thread-2115482-1-0.html?t=1579250229594

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

Mi Redmi Note 8 pro is MTK just like the rest, try installing the Magisk module connect an Aptx compatible headphone then you tell me.
It's not an issue with chipset.i tested it on my other mtk devices running Oreo and they all connected with aptx codec.

TimeSeal

Jan 6, 2020
APTX Codec not working

So I installed magisk module on my rn8pro and installed he aptx codec module. It says aptx. But aptx removes the delay when gaming right? Because I still get the normal delay from aac.

juupzz

Jan 1, 2018
So I installed magisk module on my rn8pro and installed he aptx codec module. It says aptx. But aptx removes the delay when gaming right? Because I still get the normal delay from aac.

It's not. I have Redmi Note 5 Pro, paired with BT5.0 Earphone and aptx enabled still has delay, not completely removes the delay, but the good side sound quality is improved

Muad.Dib

It's not. I have Redmi Note 5 Pro, paired with BT5.0 Earphone and aptx enabled still has delay, not completely removes the delay, but the good side sound quality is improved

Just wondering, if instead of increasing sound quality upon installation, you instead, lower that quality trigger a bit to keep it either the same or lower, would that lower delay too? Just curious to know.

Regards.

juupzz

Jan 1, 2018
It supported, through installing magisk module. Search for keyword: aptx

Attachments

• IMG_20200209_233106.jpg
    IMG_20200209_233106.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 1,396
  • IMG_20200209_233227.jpg
    IMG_20200209_233227.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 1,393
  • IMG_20200209_233246.jpg
    IMG_20200209_233246.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 1,385

ViZioNn

Jan 25, 2020
You have to keep magisk installed, if you remove it, your module will stop working....

to install this magisk module is necessary to root or anything like that? :confused:
is this module working fine? ?

att.2: I bought a Syllable S101 and It has this aptx codec, hope when it arrives it works properly with this magisk module...

att. 3: ok I searched and magisk is indeed with root... sadly I'll have to cancel the order and asks a miracle that is to Xiaomi to fix it...

Last edited:

Muad.Dib

to install this magisk module is necessary to root or anything like that? :confused:
is this module working fine?

att.2: I bought a Syllable S101 and It has this aptx codec, hope when it arrives it works properly with this magisk module...

att. 3: ok I searched and magisk is indeed with root... sadly I'll have to cancel the order and asks a miracle that is to Xiaomi to fix it...

Yes indeed Magisk means root since it is a way to root a device ;)
Why are you so afraid with root? Rooting with Magisk kind of is risk less.

As for the APTX module I still have to test it to be sure it actually works/fixes anything.

Regards.

Generaljan

Apr 10, 2015
Yes indeed Magisk means root since it is a way to root a device ;)
Why are you so afraid with root? Rooting with Magisk kind of is risk less.

As for the APTX module I still have to test it to be sure it actually works/fixes anything.

Regards.

Any news about AptX?
Das it works with updates on Android 10? Or witjlh the Megadisk modul?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Could any user of this phone tell me if it supports the Aptx codec, and if yes, which versions? Standard, HD, adaptive, LL? I know that Note 7 Pro did because of its Snapdragon processor, but I have no idea if Helio supports it, and various sites list it as supported or not.

cya
    Raziel-chan

It seems that currently RN8Pro doesn't support AptX codec.
    When I pair AptX bluetooth headphones with logcat I see the following lines:
    10-12 04:07:07.362 11107 11155 E a2dp_vendor_aptx_encoder: A2DP_VendorLoadEncoderAptx: cannot open aptX encoder library libaptX_encoder.so: dlopen failed: library "libaptX_encoder.so" not found
    10-12 04:07:07.362 11107 11155 E a2dp_vendor_aptx: init: cannot load the encoder
    10-12 04:07:07.365 11107 11155 E a2dp_vendor_aptx_hd_encoder: A2DP_VendorLoadEncoderAptxHd: cannot open aptX-HD encoder library libaptXHD_encoder.so: dlopen failed: library "libaptXHD_encoder.so" not found
    10-12 04:07:07.365 11107 11155 E a2dp_vendor_aptx_hd: init: cannot load the encoder

I think it's possible to add AptX support applying special patch by TWRP or rooting and copying missing libraries to system/vendor/lib
    I hope we will get AptX support in future MIUI releases...
    In fact, on my RN8T, when I go to bluetooth codecs on developer options, it shows there "Qualcomm Aptx", "Qualcomm Aptx HD", etc... But when I try to select, it always sticks on "Use the system selection (pre-defined)", and I can't change. So I think the phone as Aptx Codec, I don't know is how to able it.
    In fact, on my RN8T, when I go to bluetooth codecs on developer options, it shows there "Qualcomm Aptx", "Qualcomm Aptx HD", etc... But when I try to select, it always sticks on "Use the system selection (pre-defined)", and I can't change. So I think the phone as Aptx Codec, I don't know is how to able it.

Yes, I'm replying my post.
    I tested, and when I connected a bluetooth headphones with Aptx Audio, for the case Sennheiser 4.50BT NC, the connection made was an Aptx connection. When the connection is made, appears on the bluetooth settings the sign "Aptx".
    So, there is no need of a library. You only need a Bluetooth Headphone that actually has Aptx Audio, or Aptx HD.
    Also beware, that, for low latency, it's a specific Aptx, Aptx Low Latency. Aptx Audio, only affects the quality of the audio.

Hope I could help.
    Yes, but there might be some differences between 8T and 8 pro. This thing about fake Aptx headsets may be true though.

I'm aware that this is a RN8 Pro topic, and the processor is a mediatek. From what I read, the RN8 Pro includes Aptx.
    I answered this topic, first of all, because I was having the same problem on a RN8T, which could be an important input for solving this problem, and then when I realized that there wasn't any problem, I think I should share it, because maybe if on developer - Bluetooth codec options appears the aptxs options then it must have the codec available when connecting to a Bluetooth headphones that has supports Aptx.
    Could any user of this phone tell me if it supports the Aptx codec, and if yes, which versions? Standard, HD, adaptive, LL? I know that Note 7 Pro did because of its Snapdragon processor, but I have no idea if Helio supports it, and various sites list it as supported or not.

cya
    Raziel-chan
    The Android 10 update gave me AptX HD